PDA

View Full Version : Trout pond??

SalmonBuster
04-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi guy's. I was wondering if any of you know a pond that is stocked with trout and is close to my town? I might be willing to go as far as Sacramento. I will be shore fishing. I'm not asking for any secret spot's, just a place to catch a limit of trout. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank's in advance, Dale (SalmonBuster)

fishingfreak
04-05-2011, 03:52 PM
thiers camanche pond some times you can bust out a limit their they have some real big trout in their it is the best after they plant try pw pb and cd rapalas

SalmonBuster
04-05-2011, 04:51 PM
thiers camanche pond some times you can bust out a limit their they have some real big trout in their it is the best after they plant try pw pb and cd rapalas
Thank's fishingfreak! I will have to go down there and give it a try. Is the marina near the pond? I might have to stop in to get some bait and snack's.

Jfitalia
04-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Thank's fishingfreak! I will have to go down there and give it a try. Is the marina near the pond? I might have to stop in to get some bait and snack's.

For the drive its not worth it. They havent been stocking it much at all.

SalmonBuster
04-05-2011, 05:16 PM
For the drive its not worth it. They havent been stocking it much at all.
Thank's Jfitalia. I googled Lake Camanche and read that 90,000 lbs of triploid trout are being stocked into the lake during Fall & Winter 2010 and Spring 2011. I'm thinking of going down there and fish the lake. :angling:

fishingfreak
04-05-2011, 05:25 PM
yeah lake camanche is a good lake when you said that you wanted to fish a pond camanche pond was the only one i could think that is open at this time

SalmonBuster
04-05-2011, 05:41 PM
yeah lake camanche is a good lake when you said that you wanted to fish a pond camanche pond was the only one i could think that is open at this time
Thank's fishingfreak. I'm going to give Lake Camanche a try. Where are the best shore fishing spot's for trout there?

fishingfreak
04-05-2011, 06:38 PM
its been about a month since i have fished it a lot can change in one month but i ussaly fish the south shore by ucalyptis day use area talk to the marina bait shop and see were its been good or go to the online fishing report for the lake let me know how you do good luck:signfishon34hi6zv:

RideNfish
04-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Hey SB,
I tried south shore lake last Tue for only two and that was all day. Then on Wed I went to north shore and caught about 8 or so and my dad did the same. The north shore day use area was the spot early in the morning then picked up mid afternoon again. North shore is more convenient from your direction. We were using a mix of power eggs and power worms. No one color combo seemed to work best. We fished this point (http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.231749,-120.949138&spn=0.000472,0.001321&t=h&z=20) (in center of map, zoom out for perspective).

This however, no promise of results. About 2 months ago this was a slow area and the south shore was better. Right were FishingFreak said.

Please report how you do to share the knowledge :)

Cheers,

Fishin_Bear
04-05-2011, 08:31 PM
There is a 'Fishing in the City' program by DFG I think it might be over by now but there could be some hold-overs. Community Fishing Ponds in the Greater Sacramento Area (http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fishinginthecity/sac/fishingspots.html)
Rancho Seco has an active stocking program
Rancho Seco Fishing Map, The Fish Sniffer Online (http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/ranchoseco.html)

SalmonBuster
04-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Thank's guy's! :thumbsup: