PDA

View Full Version : Clifton court Forebay report 04/09 -04/10

Sideliner
04-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Well I fished the forebay this Saturday and Sunday hoping for a striper. Sat. I caught 1 38" White sturgeon that went back to get big enough to be a keeper. Sunday I helped a freind catch a 58" Green Sturgeon which also went back unharmed, but man that was tough taking the hook out without falling in the water.:rotfl:lol The one I caught ate sardine and the one sunday was straight mud shrimp. All in all was a slow day of fishin. a few striper in the 16-17" range. Will try my luck next weekend and get some sturgeon bait. Till then tight lines to all.

FishWisher
04-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Sounds like a good couple of days to me! Two sturgeon that size in two days, keepers or not, I'd consider a lot of fun. Clifton Forebay, huh? Never tried sturgies there before. hmmmmm...

Thanks for the report.

bee
04-11-2011, 07:36 PM
wassup sideliner. hey you must have caught the same sturgeon my friend caught there. except his was an inch longer haha. he caught it friday evening. i was out there saturday for about 5 hours for a bunch of shakers. threw out some ghost shrimp and had it in the water for 4 hours and didnt get touched. a buddy of mine went sunday and all the guys there were trying ghost shrimp too and they had no luck with that. my buddy caught his on chovies friday.

dmoca
04-11-2011, 10:03 PM
I was there on Sunday and it was pretty slow. I caught a 17" striper, and my cousins caught a few shakers. It was a fairly slow day. We were using anchovies as bait.

Sideliner
04-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Hey bee you talkin about Darren?
I talked with him on Saturday. lol

@dmoca, yeah it was a slow day,
only sardines or anchovy working best.

hulenjohnson
04-12-2011, 08:56 AM
I went 4 years ago and a guy next to me caught a 44 inch white sturgeon on regular shrimp from the market. So there must be an OK sturgeon population in there. He caught it back by the pumps.

Sideliner
04-12-2011, 09:30 AM
I think they get stuck in the Forebay. Ever since the heavy rains I have seen a total of 6 legal dino's and about 4 shaker ones and 1 oversized and 2 greens. This is starting from Jan. 1st. of this year. Since the water is high the gates remain open so more water gets pumped to the south.

bee
04-12-2011, 04:55 PM
haha yea i'm talking about darren. i was there saturday but left at 5. the wind was kickin my @$$. i hate fishing in the wind and i heard that mountain house is like the 2nd windiest city. but yea, there are big stripers in there, but you'll catch more shakers before a keeper it seems like.

FishnBeer
04-12-2011, 06:04 PM
ive seen sturgeon caught in there before. ive tossed out some shrimp in hopes of a sturg but the diaper stripers seem to get to it first.

one time a guy there was tellin me a sea lion got in there and was stuck in the for like a week. supposedly it died. probably ate itself to death :undecided: