PDA

View Full Version : Moss landing salmon

coopejon1
04-21-2011, 07:58 PM
anybody fish out of Moss Landing today? Fished last sunday/monday and got limits. Is it still good.... Thinking of going Sat.

Duckhunter
04-22-2011, 05:17 AM
went out of Santa Cruz wednesday and got a limit. Fishing the hole might be better. Last friday and sat I fished the Mbari bouy area and caught 3 had to watch out for all the crab pots.

coopejon1
04-22-2011, 08:53 AM
went out of Santa Cruz wednesday and got a limit. Fishing the hole might be better. Last friday and sat I fished the Mbari bouy area and caught 3 had to watch out for all the crab pots.

Kind of new here. Where is the Mbari bouy?

poleposition
04-22-2011, 02:26 PM
NW of monterey about 8-10 miles

dannieboiz
04-22-2011, 04:16 PM
I just got back from moss today, at least 50 boats but most of the folks we talked to did not get anything. They're still out there but not like last week. Not even the small one today. We tried from 230 ft down to 50 ft with no keeper but did manage 2 shaker. I'm pulling the plug on Salmon for now until I see larger fish and larger numbers.

coopejon1
04-22-2011, 07:29 PM
NW of monterey about 8-10 miles
Im going Sunday, I'll let you know how it turns out.....I seem to have better luck fishing the incoming tide. It seems the tides are all headed out during the first half of the of the day this week. I have been catching ALOT of shakers, but I guess they are catching good numbers down south and rumor has it that those fish will be here sometime in July so I am hopfull for some larger fish later in the season.

SalmoClarki
04-22-2011, 07:50 PM
I fished the telephone booth today for two keepers and 4 shakers all on bait. The wind stayed down all morning and there was plenty of room to fish.

coopejon1
04-25-2011, 09:33 PM
I fished the telephone booth today for two keepers and 4 shakers all on bait. The wind stayed down all morning and there was plenty of room to fish.

Damn.....never made it out Sunday, there is always something jumping up to skrew up plans to go fishing. How was it?

SalmoClarki
04-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Damn.....never made it out Sunday, there is always something jumping up to skrew up plans to go fishing. How was it?

Fishing seemed slow for most boats but we were lucky and had our fair share of hookups.
The fog stayed with us all day which probably was a good thing. PM Me for details.

coopejon1
04-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Headed out in the morning. Any reports from today?