PDA

View Full Version : 4.0 upgrade for hds units

ReelJerks
04-26-2011, 03:37 PM
The latest upgrade for ALL Lowrance HDS units is now available here: HDS ALL units - 4.0 software version and demonstration files download page | Lowrance (http://www.lowrance.com/en/Downloads/Product-Software-Updates/HDS-Software-Update/)

Edd

ReelJerks
04-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Don't forget....ANYONE in my area who has the HDS-5X (no card slot) I can do the upgrade for you at NO charge. Bring your unit to me, it's about a 20 minute deal.

Edd

ReelJerks
05-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Spent Saturday on the water playing with v4.0 and fishing (see Trout Board). I must say I'm very happy with the increased speed of the HDS redraw and the quickness of the keys. There are some new splits offered if you have the structure scan add on module. A quandary arises tho; once a staunch advocate of my Airmar P-319 transducer, I seem to now have much better results with the OEM HST-WSBL transducer, plus I can enjoy the added benefit of seeing ALL 4 downrigger weights with the 83 kHz wide angle of the OEM ducer, something I couldn't find with the P-319. Not sure the 4.0 upgrade affected the P-319, but I can sure see improvement with the unit as shipped. This is a great upgrade.

RJ

nitty917
05-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Spent Saturday on the water playing with v4.0 and fishing (see Trout Board). I must say I'm very happy with the increased speed of the HDS redraw and the quickness of the keys. There are some new splits offered if you have the structure scan add on module. A quandary arises tho; once a staunch advocate of my Airmar P-319 transducer, I seem to now have much better results with the OEM HST-WSBL transducer, plus I can enjoy the added benefit of seeing ALL 4 downrigger weights with the 83 kHz wide angle of the OEM ducer, something I couldn't find with the P-319. Not sure the 4.0 upgrade affected the P-319, but I can sure see improvement with the unit as shipped. This is a great upgrade.

RJ

nice thanks for the details, going to update my hds10 and give it a test run this weekend.

ReelJerks
05-06-2011, 05:16 AM
nice thanks for the details, going to update my hds10 and give it a test run this weekend.

Wind is supposed to get up this weekend so.....I'm going to cozy up on the couch with my HDS and get much better acquainted with v4.0.

RJ

Ken Sauret
06-10-2011, 06:35 AM
When you guys go to the link that Edd put at the top of this thread, you can go down to the bottom and click on "Official Release Notes" and see the list of improvements that 4.0 contains.

Also, if anyone has any problems downloading the update, on that same page go to Troubleshooting and click on Detailed Instructions for additional help screen by screen.

ReelJerks
06-15-2011, 02:05 PM
This DL for the HDS is 4.0.36.59 and is ready at HDS ALL units - 4.0 software version and demonstration files download page | Lowrance (http://www.lowrance.com/en/Downloads/Product-Software-Updates/HDS-Software-Update/). Seems similar but it is different from the April release 4.0.36.56. Although I don't have a problem, I'll install it on my 10 tomorrow.

Edd

Ken Sauret
06-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Here are the release notes for the patch for the 4.0, meaning this is the list of ongoing improvements to the 4.0 update.

1) Opened full range scale when using StructureScan™. StructureScan range is no longer tied to the fishing mode selected.
2) Fixed the ability to scroll a Weather Watchbox when using SIRIUS® Weather.
3) Fixed the SIRIUS Weather Alarm causing the HDS to re-boot.
4) Fixed a problem with tides and currents being off by one hour.
5) This new version allows for the update of early production, v2.1 or older, HDS-5x fishfinders.

Here is the list that is posted on the website in the release notes at the bottom of the download page on the Lowrance web site.

• Corrected issue with Weather Watchbox not scrolling
• Corrected issue with Watchbox Alarms causing unit reboot under when in non‐chart mode
• StructureScan range no longer restricted in Shallow Water mode
• StructureScan image restores properly after use of Zoom feature
• Times for Tides & Currents corrected • Early production 5x units now upgradeable

ReelJerks
06-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Here it is.....I have installed the new 4.0 upgrade (4.0.36.59), and run my unit at my desk for about 2 hours. Everything functions perfectly. This time it DID NOT change my transducer selection or any of my personal selections/options. Smallish DL but took about 35 minutes on my DSL. Lowrance site is a little busy I guess.

Edd

ReelJerks
06-18-2011, 06:46 PM
My HDS worked flawlessly today putting my son on these fish during the Scottish Rite Derby at Shaver Lake. I love the sensitivity of these HDS machines.

Happy Fathers Day tomorrow to everyone.

Edd