PDA

View Full Version : Salmon or Pigs

coopejon1
05-02-2011, 06:56 PM
I am looking to upgrade to a larger/newer salmon boat for the Monterey bay. My wife and I need to get out and fish in some diffeerent boats and see what we want. I run a 10,000 acre cattle ranch in King City that's loaded with pigs. Would anyone be interested in trading some pig hunting for a salmon fishing outing in the bay. We are 30 years old and both know our way around the sport, but just don't know anyone with a Trophy/Striper kind of a boat to go fishing with.

fshfndr
05-03-2011, 12:47 PM
I have a buddy who has ranch land off River Rd. He fishes a 27 ft "Sea Cat" which is a double hull with center console sport fisher. For the often choppy afternoon NW winds we get, especially in the Spring, it makes for a very stable ride. Good for trolling for salmon. Sea Cat also has other styles with a forward cabin if you like cover.

I have seen a lot of Opreys out of SC and Moss lately and they look like a good sea worthy sport boat to me

BTW we have a fundraiser for our steelhead group in October in Carmel Valley. It is a Wild Game BBQ and we always need venison, boar, ducks, salmon etc.:angling: :-))

Fishmeister
05-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Go to the Striper Owners Club website and post. You will probably have to register to post but that is painless. Best boating website out there. There are a lot of Striper guys who would love to take you out.
Striper Owners Club (http://seastriper.com/)

elgallo
05-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Go to www.fishtheclassic.net (http://www.fishtheclassic.net) to view some bad ass down and dirty Keel Drive inboard fishing boats manufacured by Shamrock (no longer in business). There are some kick ass deals to be had. However, many but not necessarily all, are out of state.

My crappy avatar shows my 20' Pilothouse version of this line of boats.

I could possibly be interested in your offer about Pig hunting.

dannieboiz
05-11-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm suprised to see this thread as my buddy and I were just talking about pig hunting a few days ago.

I have a 22ft striper that I don't mind taking you on out. I think Halibut in the SF Bay is going to be my next focus but can also stock up on some pink meat, my fridge is running low. I'm gonna be in Cancun next week but after that we can figure something out.

Even if we don't go fishing, how much do you charge to hunt on your property?

If it's just you and your wife, I think 21-23 ft walk around of any kind is manageable. Anything bigger is a PITA to tow.

fshnhunt
06-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Hey dannieboiz, If thats your wife in the avator pic let me know when you guys go fishing and how long you'll be gone!....j/k....lol:laugh: