PDA

View Full Version : Folsom Limit!

buckman78
05-08-2011, 09:22 PM
So to my dismay, the wife had givin me the ok to go fishing for a few hours before mothers day lunch with the family. i figured folsom would be good, since its close, i only have a few hours and the weather looked like it was going to be windy, cloudy and maybe a little rain. perfect i thought, there would be no skiers or jet skiers to compete with. and man was i right. i had the entire lake to my self! i arrived at folsom pointe at 710, and on the water fishin by 730. i was the only car in the parking lot, and no one in sight on the entire lake. the wind was pretty solid and there were a few instances that i second guessed my decision to be in the middle of folsom on a windy day. trolled for about an hour for nothing, then switched lures and bam! from 830-1100 spent my time fighting wind and fish!
fished the first hour with flashers/ crocodile/ crawler for nothing.
also fishied a pink hoochie with a dodge for nothing
marked a lot of fish, and decided to switch to a rapalla. wind picked up, and almost called it day, then bam, hammer time. first fish in the boat.
put another rapalla on the other pole and for the next few hours landed 4 more fish, lost 2, and had at least 6 hits. dont know how many more i lost or went unnoticed, the wind had the boat bobbin.
dont know how fast i was going, but used the gas motor the whole time, and landed two and missed one when ever i had to throttle up to get the boat to turn against the wind.
water was 48-50 degrees
4 rainbow, two decent size
1 coho, about 8 inches, returned to fight another day.
all in all a good day, especially for folsom!

---Buckman---

mojo209
05-08-2011, 09:55 PM
great story and i give you props for braving the wind!! :areportmq5: :thumbsup:

Trout Tracker
05-09-2011, 04:26 AM
Sounds like Folsom did you right.Good going.
TT

16fisher
05-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Great job, what color and model Rapala?

Captn ofthe Crest
05-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Good work! I just missed you. I had Mothers day brunch first and was on the water by 11:30. The wind was hard and the was only two trailers in the lot! Love that. I knew the fishing would be good with no moon, windy, and cloudy conditions. Landed the biggest king of the year so far in the first 10min. (17"), this fish was hard fighting and came flying out of the water a couple times. Picked up a couple small trout at the mouth of the S. fork...headed West against the wind and had non stop action until 3pm with the largest trout at 19.5" very bright and healthy. Water is 56-61 degrees depending on where you are.

Captn-