PDA

View Full Version : Carson River 5/22-5/23

TheGreatBasshole
05-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Got up at around 3:30 to drive up from the bay area. Arrived at the west carson at around 7. Fished for two hours with two bows caught and released on kastmasters. Went over to the walker for the remeander of the day to find that the water there was way too high and moving quite fast. Ate at the topaz lodge, which was delicious. http://www.highsierratopix.com/community/images/smilies/nod.gif On monday, we decided to head out, and stopped at the west caron around hope valley. Using mepps and panther martin lures,and eventually salmon eggs, caught and released about 7 fish within three hours. Caught a 4 pounder, which was the only trout that I kept. the fishing was a little slow, and will be up to the walker at the end of june/start of july. Will post pics soon.

RideNfish
05-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a great trip. Look forward to the pics. I haven't fished over there in years. I live by Modesto so is best when Sonora Pass (108) is open.

Thanks for the report.
Cheers

dirty530
05-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Got up at around 3:30 to drive up from the bay area. Arrived at the west carson at around 7. Fished for two hours with two bows caught and released on kastmasters. Went over to the walker for the remeander of the day to find that the water there was way too high and moving quite fast. Ate at the topaz lodge, which was delicious. http://www.highsierratopix.com/community/images/smilies/nod.gif On monday, we decided to head out, and stopped at the west caron around hope valley. Using mepps and panther martin lures,and eventually salmon eggs, caught and released about 7 fish within three hours. Caught a 4 pounder, which was the only trout that I kept. the fishing was a little slow, and will be up to the walker at the end of june/start of july. Will post pics soon.

sounds like a great day of fishing, props for letting all but one go! Love it when people catch and release, even if some were planters. would love to see pics of both the trout and the water level up there if you have any..

Captain Compassion
05-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Will be on the Carson on Thursday weather permitting. Went to the West Walker today and it is starting to blow out.

CC

Jetspray
05-24-2011, 08:34 PM
The heat is coming on and so are the flows, hopefully the ice out of the lakes on 88 too.......Jetspray

TheGreatBasshole
05-29-2011, 05:49 AM
Sorry for the late pics.
5281Stopped at ICR, wind was too strong to cast, managed one small one within an hour.

Here's dad with 3.8#er5283

Heres my 4lber, 5285

TheGreatBasshole
05-29-2011, 05:54 AM
Snow near Kirkwood, there was up to ten feet high on the sides.5286

On top of Monitor Pass

Snow by the West Carson.5289

Mountain Side from Andruss Motel