PDA

View Full Version : Carson/ICR

Barleycorn
05-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Hey gang! Ended up having a tough trip to the Carson area from the 22-25th. Usually we're up there in July/August and it really hurt not to be able to troll Caples for the first time in 8 years. Couldnt change our plans and go somewhere else, so we did what we could with what we had. Rip roaring water at the river and from what Todd told me, the river was beat to hell on opening day with over 70+ people and there hasnt been a single plant since. We expected tough fishing, and that's what we got. At any rate, we fished ICR for a couple hours in the am and had one bite on pb. Fished pb,inflated crawlers and wore our arms out plug kasting kastmasters from the shore. Talked to a couple guys and it seemed that it was a tough day all over the lake, at least it was in the morning anyway on Mon/Tues. Ended up with 4 rainbows picked up at the west fork and lost 3 fish as well. Fished salmon eggs,crawlers,panther martins,power nuggets and threw in the towel on Wed and headed back home. We'll be back up there in another month or 2 and it should be prime time, we hope. BTW Thanks Jetspay/CC for the ICR input. We could see some boils in close to shore and we also saw some nice free swimming rainbows, but they we driving us crazy with the fly-bys and had lock jaw. It looked like lots o snails floating around in shallow, and I was tempted to flyline a snail on the surface, but my father was getting impatient,hahaha! Oh well, that's why it's called sportfishing not sportcatching,right gang? Be back in late June for another go at it. -Dave

JwG
05-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the great report.

Still nice to be out.

Barleycorn
05-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the great report.

Still nice to be out. We did have the campground all to ourselves for 2 straight days and the weather wasnt that bad either.

B-RAN
05-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Dang that's not what I like to hear:( Here in like a month Im gunna try the Carson and ICR.. By any chance does anyone know how the 89 bridge is doing?? and the Trout at ICR should be spawning soon huh?