PDA

View Full Version : Clear Lake Cat

RockRob
06-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Spent a while fishing from the dock at the lakefront cabin my buddies and I rented and finally nailed one on the last night there. Caught my new personal best catfish last Sunday (6/5) night around 11:30pm on anchovies. It was quickly released back into the lake unharmed. I failed to measure it but it looks probably close to 3 feet in length. I was just wondering if anyone had a good idea of how much this would weigh. Thanks!

Nick145
06-09-2011, 06:04 PM
do you have an estimate to the girth?

SuckerPunch
06-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Roughly, and I mean roughly, a three-foot channel averages about 20 lbs.

Here's an equation that can give you ballpark weights on channels if you've the length:

Weight (lbs) = 0.0002(total length in inches)^3.2756

Awesome fish...

HMONG_James_Vang
06-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Spent a while fishing from the dock at the lakefront cabin my buddies and I rented and finally nailed one on the last night there. Caught my new personal best catfish last Sunday (6/5) night around 11:30pm on anchovies. It was quickly released back into the lake unharmed. I failed to measure it but it looks probably close to 3 feet in length. I was just wondering if anyone had a good idea of how much this would weigh. Thanks!

well, regardless of the weight. that's a big cat right there. right on brother.

bellyflop
06-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I wish I had caught enough cats in that range to know! Lol. Great cat by any measure! Grats dude!