PDA

View Full Version : Lower bear on Sunday.

G-Loomy
06-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Fished lower bear res on Sunday.
Boat on the water at 7:55 am.

Trolled 3 rods (with buddy). (at 1.9-2.3 mph)
1: worm flasher combo. 2: jointed f-7 rapala rainbow trout color. 3: Flea Bitty in silver.
Trolled that setup around the dam and the east shore for two hours. One hit on the worm but did not stick.
Only fish of the day was around noon on the jointed f-7. Planter rainbow but a little chunkier than most planters. He bled, went in the box and tasted good on a cracker. Also trolled a white panther martin for a while with no strikes.

Water appeared to be very clear, however, lots of trash (wood) floating in the lake.

Also, we anchored at the inlet for 45 min bouncing worms off the bottom for nothing. Anchored at another two creek inlets (one on the west side and one on the east).bounced worms/lures off bottom for nothing.

Everybody on the lake said that the day was slow, although we saw many bank fisherman soaking bait and catching a fish.
Fun day in the sun even with slower than usual fishing.

Jetspray
06-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Very cool nothing like combat fishing and catching sumptin'......Jetspray

soarwitheagles
06-14-2011, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the fishing report on Lower Bear River!

Hope it picks up for you in the near future!

Soar

PS Is there still snow on the ground?

G-Loomy
06-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Barely any snow on the ground, but yes, there are some snow banks in the shady areas. the county road is covered by a fast melting snow bank 200 yards past the boat launch.

I sure wish I could get a day off mid week this week to get up to silver!!

Yooshi1616
06-14-2011, 03:00 PM
was the road across the dam open? how was the water level? did it make it to the launch ramp yet?

thanks!

PapaGreg
06-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Fished today just past the dam from shore for NOTHING! Saw lots of fish swimming by, but no takers on anything. Threw lures, used nightcrwlers, PB for no hits. Went up the road about a mile and turned around, but the road was open, just didn't want to go any further. Tried the opposite shore back across the dam with the same results, NOTHING!
Oh well, good to get out in this weather and have some quality time with the grandsons.

dpars
06-14-2011, 03:47 PM
I sure wish I could get a day off mid week this week to get up to silver!!

Is Silver clear? Last picture I saw it was still pretty iced over. Dieing to get up there.