PDA

View Full Version : Lake Spaulding Brown

Barleycorn
06-17-2011, 03:56 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/DBarley/Brown2011.jpg Hey gang! Not on here as much as I'd like to be these days unfortunately, but I did manage to figure out how to post a pic :D. Here's a brown I picked up at Lake Spaulding fast trolling the "go to" original F11 rapala. Kept this one for dinner and released a couple others, including an 18" king we caught plug kasting a gold kastmaster up inside the Yuba mouth. Enjoy! :) -Dave

Fishbucket
06-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Nice! way to go.

Tyler Foote
06-17-2011, 07:46 PM
browns and kings,man i need to get up there!

Jetspray
06-18-2011, 06:27 AM
Very nice toad Dave, great looking spots too.......Jetspray

OneTrueBob
06-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Glad you were able to get out for a day on the lake! Beautiful fish! Thanks for taking the time to upload.

F11 is one of my go-to lures as well. Caught many rainbows trolling that one... ssssshhhh, don't tell anybody! :cheesy:

EG1120
06-18-2011, 09:07 AM
nice fish thanks for the report:wink:

westcoasterjim
06-18-2011, 03:30 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/DBarley/Brown2011.jpg Hey gang! Not on here as much as I'd like to be these days unfortunately, but I did manage to figure out how to post a pic :D. Here's a brown I picked up at Lake Spaulding fast trolling the "go to" original F11 rapala. Kept this one for dinner and released a couple others, including an 18" king we caught plug kasting a gold kastmaster up inside the Yuba mouth. Enjoy! :) -Dave

WOW---I got to get out more! NICE BROWN---bet it tasted good too.

Jim

finsane
06-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Nice brownie, I'll probably be at Spaulding Sunday. Thanks for the pic, as soon as I figure out how to post them I'll be sharing them too. If you don't mind what color F-11's were you running?

JwG
06-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Nice fish Dave!

Thanks for the report and picture.

Barleycorn
06-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Nice brownie, I'll probably be at Spaulding Sunday. Thanks for the pic, as soon as I figure out how to post them I'll be sharing them too. If you don't mind what color F-11's were you running?
F11 or F13 silver/black(original) or gold/silver rapala worked for me.

King James
06-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Spaulding is a tough lake to fish.....it seems that most are skunked....great job!

finsane
06-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks for getting back Barley. I made it up there Sunday morning and was able to get two browns, one at 22" and another at 17", and one 16" bow. Both browns hit a 5.5" silver platter and the bow came on a f-13 brown trout pattern. All caught toplining from 200' to 400' behind the boat at 3.5 to 4.0 mph.

Reel Fun
06-22-2011, 09:43 PM
For many years that lake was on the plant list for Kings!!! And we all know they do well in Folsom on their own so should be some nice Kings there!!!

Reel Fun

iggybabble
06-23-2011, 06:54 PM
It's a small world, Dave! I haven't heard your name mentioned for a few years! Every once in a while I talk to Tubby, and last season I went back to work for Jimmy on the Outer Limits........we aren't fishing much so far this season, Salmon has sucked.......we are doing some whale watching with Vern's company... I haven't been up trout fishing in the Sierras yet this season, I usually go up around Markleeville or down along hwy 395 from Bridgeport to Mammoth........"Gabby" Bob Igram

Barleycorn
06-23-2011, 07:14 PM
It's a small world, Dave! I haven't heard your name mentioned for a few years! Every once in a while I talk to Tubby, and last season I went back to work for Jimmy on the Outer Limits........we aren't fishing much so far this season, Salmon has sucked.......we are doing some whale watching with Vern's company... I haven't been up trout fishing in the Sierras yet this season, I usually go up around Markleeville or down along hwy 395 from Bridgeport to Mammoth........"Gabby" Bob Igram Hey Bob! Good to hear from you bud! I myself might be working for Jim/James/Tubby fillin in, if I cant find some steady work up here. At any rate, let me know when you want to come up and fish for some sierra trout and we'll drag my boat up. -Dave