PDA

View Full Version : First time on the bay! Report & pics

seaniken
06-18-2011, 11:02 AM
I posted this on my previous "help me" thread already. This was our VERY FIRST TIME on the bay and with the help of my fellow fish sniffers, we had, in my opinion, GREAT success. We launched in berkeley and cruised out to the north side of Treasure Island. The weather was blowing but not bad at all. We picked up 2 nice hali's and a little sand shark while drifting anchovies with the first 2 hours. The wind picked up and the tide was running in strong and muddied up the water so we headed the the Rockwall. Nothing there. By the time we got back to Treasure Island the water was mud and the wind was brutal so we headed back in around 12pm. Thank for all the tips! Can't wait to get back out there562756285629

FishAddict707
06-18-2011, 12:29 PM
I posted this on my previous "help me" thread already. This was our VERY FIRST TIME on the bay and with the help of my fellow fish sniffers, we had, in my opinion, GREAT success. We launched in berkeley and cruised out to the north side of Treasure Island. The weather was blowing but not bad at all. We picked up 2 nice hali's and a little sand shark while drifting anchovies with the first 2 hours. The wind picked up and the tide was running in strong and muddied up the water so we headed the the Rockwall. Nothing there. By the time we got back to Treasure Island the water was mud and the wind was brutal so we headed back in around 12pm. Thank for all the tips! Can't wait to get back out there562756285629
nice fish! wtg

GillzNfinz925
06-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Great job on your first trip!! Thats a hog! How deep were you fishing?

nitty917
06-19-2011, 02:47 AM
hellla of a first trip thats for sure! hopefully many more to come. congrats!

starcraft69
06-19-2011, 05:59 AM
great job guys I hope my fist is 1/2 as good thanks for the report

coldtalks
06-19-2011, 07:58 AM
Way to go!

newtothegame
06-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Fantastic day!

just a word to the wise ..be careful with those sharks .. there is another shark that looks like that ..that would be the spiny dogfish ... they love anchovies and they have a long spine back of their dorsal fin (the one on top) ... if you are not careful that will put a damper in your fishing day depending on where it gets you! lol

Great job!

seaniken
06-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks guys! We were fishing between 18-25 feet of water. And about the shark... I have no clue what type of shark it is. But I did actually wonder if it was a dogfish. I had no idea they have a spiny fin. Good thing I didn't get shanked! I'll be a little more careful next time. Can't wait to get out there again!