PDA

View Full Version : Rollins??

redneckpunk
06-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Camping at Rollins this weekend, fri-sun, with no boat and need some advise (ie locations, bait, etc). Staying at Long Ravine but only seen the lake once so not familiar with it. Only thing I've heard is that by 10am its blown out with lice and jet boats. Is it even worth trying to rent a boat with such a small wondow of oopurtunity? Not looking for a PB or full stringer, just some relaxing fishing time with buddies and the occasional excitement of fish. Thanks~RNP

CRABBY
06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Camping at Rollins this weekend, fri-sun, with no boat and need some advise (ie locations, bait, etc). Staying at Long Ravine but only seen the lake once so not familiar with it. Only thing I've heard is that by 10am its blown out with lice and jet boats. Is it even worth trying to rent a boat with such a small wondow of oopurtunity? Not looking for a PB or full stringer, just some relaxing fishing time with buddies and the occasional excitement of fish. Thanks~RNP

Good luck,our Sheriff spends more time there on weekends than on our highways,forget the boat unless you will be on the water at 5 AM,I won't go there much on weekends or in the summer so can't tell you the good spots,Westcoaster Jim may be able to help ya.Also take ear plugs to sleep,it's a drunken party lake without much control.Many like it though,depends on what your there for....Don

Barleycorn
06-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Camping at Rollins this weekend, fri-sun, with no boat and need some advise (ie locations, bait, etc). Staying at Long Ravine but only seen the lake once so not familiar with it. Only thing I've heard is that by 10am its blown out with lice and jet boats. Is it even worth trying to rent a boat with such a small wondow of oopurtunity? Not looking for a PB or full stringer, just some relaxing fishing time with buddies and the occasional excitement of fish. Thanks~RNP Lake lice central by 10am unfortunately! IMO If you rent a boat, try in the early morning and/or evening trolling rapalas/minnow imitations from 3-4mph up the bear river arm(work the points) as well as the greenhorn area for some browns. I'd also slow troll dodgers w/crawlers if you have time. Like Smogguy stated, the sheriff is all over the place, but the knuckleheads are still out and about. Good luck and that's my 2 cents worth of advice. -Dave

westcoasterjim
06-23-2011, 08:38 PM
It's going to be tough on rollins with all the drunks, lake lice, and thieves. With that said, try up the bear river arm and troll, OR go up to the pennisula (sp) boat dock area/arm and drift.

Wish you the best, Jim