PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on settings for Furuno 585

poppiefishun
06-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Hoping a fellow fisherman with a Furuno 585 and airmar P66 transducer will share a few suggestions on initial or best settings for my new fish finder. I am working through the handbook, but would really appreciate some tips on what settings work for others on our California lakes. First time out on Oroville had trouble with a lot of interference on the screen. Tried a lot of things but still had what appeared to be more than on my old Lowrance. Any and all suggestions, ideas, tips, etc., would be appreciated.
poppiefishun

ReelJerks
06-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Check your transducer cable routing.
What else are you running at the same time?

Try this.....get on the water and shut EVERYTHING off.
Turn on the 585 and see if you have the noise.
If no noise turn on one thing at a time and check for noise.
This way you can find out what is going on.

Edd

poppiefishun
06-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Check your transducer cable routing.
What else are you running at the same time?

Try this.....get on the water and shut EVERYTHING off.
Turn on the 585 and see if you have the noise.
If no noise turn on one thing at a time and check for noise.
This way you can find out what is going on.

Edd

Thanks for the feed back. Will do....What initial settings do you use on your 585, example a split 50/200 screen on what sensitivity, etc., want to start off with on a given lake.

ReelJerks
06-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the feed back. Will do....What initial settings do you use on your 585, example a split 50/200 screen on what sensitivity, etc., want to start off with on a given lake.

I don't have a Furuno. These are just basic steps I have given you. Once you clear up your problem I suggest you find 25' of water over a concrete ramp. This will tell you what a hard bottom looks like. Play with your settings from there. The mystique of sonar is a big part of the fun.

Edd

jrj
06-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Go on the ImHooked boats-motor-gear section. There are several posts by people who have recently set up their new Furuno. I have the 585 with the tm260 transducer. I was able to set up my unit by copying the pages and printing the them. The pictures in the posts are very easy to see. Any questions you can call me at 916-207-5113

The posts are by ElkHunter

ImHooked.com Fishing Forums - Setting up the Furuno 585 & using it in freshwater (http://imhooked.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1306794517)