PDA

View Full Version : Any Ice HOuse/Loon Lake reports?

Plug-n-Jug
06-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Camping at Ice Houce this weeked. We will be fishing from a boat as well as the bank. Any recent news on this area?

fishingfreak
06-28-2011, 07:32 AM
Camping at Ice Houce this weeked. We will be fishing from a boat as well as the bank. Any recent news on this area?
fish and game are planting ice house this week was up their last week ended up catching and releasing 16 at ice house went up to loon for about an hour just to see how it looks caught five hold over trout all on lures which was fun fished by the rock dam good luck

dirty530
06-28-2011, 12:29 PM

my buddy Goober was up there this past weekend (Wed-Fri) and called me at work to tell me he was nailing them. when i last talked to him he said him and his buddy already landed 7-8 rainbows, the biggest one being 16". both him and his buddy were in kayaks catching them with roostertails. he said other people were also catching lots of fish with kastmasters and worms. he said there were a few bank anglers but the action was hotter on the water. i was told it was suuuper packed so prepare to deal with everyone else.. good luck!

Split_shot_1
06-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Was up there on Monday the 27th. Not a lot of campers (yet), but many boats. Fished from 7am to noon (back side and Dam area). One bite, nothing else. Talk to two other people in boats, one had one bite, the other had none. My finder had many fish at the 50' area just siting there. Back area had fish all over the place, but no takers. Water had a lot of pollen and was not clear. Weather was perfect until noon when the wind came up a little. Water line was about 20 feet from the top and about normal for past years. Dock is in.

fishingfreak
06-29-2011, 07:24 PM
what was the water temp it is odd for them to be that deep with all the cold snow melt coming in. ussally they hold 20 to 30 the water must have got real warm quick i guess a lot of things can change in a week

cowboyup03
06-30-2011, 08:13 AM
was just went camping for 4 days at union between me and a friend we caught over 50 trout all off the shore. also stopped off at ice house to and from union we caught 2 in an hour on the way in and i caught 2 on the way out with my buddy nailing one too. also got a surprise 4 lb mack out of union. the key bait was power bait in rainbow or hatchery formula.

Plug-n-Jug
06-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Cool, thanks for the tips. I'm on my way up there now.

fish0n
06-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Hey cowboyup03, where did you camped at Union Valley? I'm planning this weekend.

cowboyup03
07-01-2011, 08:03 AM
a free campsite down a dirt road. you go over the dam and drive in about 2 miles and there will be a right turn saying camino cove. theres 36 sites most if not all will be filled. you can also get there by driving past yellow jacket down the dirt road some but the road is real rough.

fish0n
07-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks cowboy! I'm on my way right now, hopefully not to many campers yet.

Jason
07-01-2011, 03:02 PM
The campsites at Loon Lake are closed until July 13th. I heard rumor that the camp host might open the launch ramp for this weekend or just wait until the campsites are open. Had plans for Loon, but I'll wait.