PDA

View Full Version : Dinner for tonight.

JwG
07-03-2011, 06:39 PM
For dinner tonight, it was;
Grilled trout (cavity stuffed with fresh minced garlic, minced onion, fresh lemon slices, fresh lemon juice, butter, salt, pepper, wrapped in foil six times), corn on the cob, panzanella salad, highball cocktails.

Trout by me, salad by my wife, cocktails by both.

Delta_Rose
07-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Sounds excellent. Dinner tonight for us was turkey, brined overnight and slow smoked on the Weber with apple wood, rosemary/garlic Yukon Gold potatoes cooked in a foil pouch on the Smokey Joe, a fresh fruit salad and a roasted corn/black bean salad.

Friday night was kokanee stuffed with crab stuffing and and meyer lemons baked in a foil pouch and a caprese salad with garlic cheddar bread.

It's no wonder I'm a little porky:pig:

Hof
07-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Geez, me and the kids had frozen chicken nuggets and tater tots. I guess I need to step it up a bit.

Hof

JwG
07-04-2011, 03:19 AM
Dinner tonight for us was turkey, brined overnight and slow smoked on the Weber with apple wood, rosemary/garlic Yukon Gold potatoes cooked in a foil pouch on the Smokey Joe, a fresh fruit salad and a roasted corn/black bean salad.

Friday night was kokanee stuffed with crab stuffing and and meyer lemons baked in a foil pouch and a caprese salad with garlic cheddar bread.

Sounds wonderful Delta_Rose!
I love my Weber also. Sounds like you had two going with the Smokey Joe, awesome.

How long did you smoke the turkey for?
What's on the menu tonight?
Thanks for sharing, I'm hungry!! :runningdog:

Nice to enjoy life, and I like to eat good.
And fish!

Delta_Rose
07-04-2011, 08:39 AM
How long did you smoke the turkey for?

JwG- I follow the standard Weber recipe- 13 minutes/pound, indirect heat with a drip pan underneath. I start with 1/2" of water in the drip pan and add a small amount of wet apple wood chips to the briquets on each side every 20 minutes or so- I pile them along the edge of the briquets next to the side of the bbq so they don't all ignite at once, but slowly burn and slide down into the coals. I also add a few briquets every 40 minutes or so to keep the heat consistent.

In my opinion, the Weber is the only way to cook a turkey....:chowtime:

JwG
07-04-2011, 01:38 PM
JwG- I follow the standard Weber recipe- 13 minutes/pound, indirect heat with a drip pan underneath. I start with 1/2" of water in the drip pan and add a small amount of wet apple wood chips to the briquets on each side every 20 minutes or so- I pile them along the edge of the briquets next to the side of the bbq so they don't all ignite at once, but slowly burn and slide down into the coals. I also add a few briquets every 40 minutes or so to keep the heat consistent.

In my opinion, the Weber is the only way to cook a turkey....:chowtime:

Thanks for the detailed information!
I'm with you on the Weber. I tell people about doing a turkey and I think some don't belive it. It is so moist and evenly cooked. Do you ever put whole potatos in the drip pan? Make hash browns the next morning for breakfast.

So what are cooking up today? Come on, make me hungry!!
That crab stuffed kokanee sounded out of this world!

I'm getting ready to start my Babybacks. Put homemade rub on them yesterday and refrigerated. Using three year old peach wood from my tree along with TJ briquets. Indirect w/drip pan, cook about two hours and apply my maple-horseradish glaze about the last half hour. My wife has made coleslaw and corn succotash for sides. Just finished the dark chocolate gelato in the new Cuisinart ice cream maker (nice little machine), put it in the freezer to harden. Will top dress the gelato with my wife's raspberry jam.

This board is a real nice supplement to the 'sniffer' and a lot of great posts. I enjoy seeing your posts and stories, as I am relatively new to 'sniffer'. Again thanks for the reply.

Happy 4th to you and your family, JwG.

woolybuggin
07-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Sounds excellent. Dinner tonight for us was turkey, brined overnight and slow smoked on the Weber with apple wood, rosemary/garlic Yukon Gold potatoes cooked in a foil pouch on the Smokey Joe, a fresh fruit salad and a roasted corn/black bean salad.

It's no wonder I'm a little porky:pig:wow that all sounds sooo good!! so whens the dinner party ha :lobster::wink:

jerdh71
11-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Geez, me and the kids had frozen chicken nuggets and tater tots. I guess I need to step it up a bit.

Hof sounds like my wifes cooking, guess thats why I do the majority of it