PDA

View Full Version : Lost iPhone Woods Creek (Caples Lake)...fishing report

Captn ofthe Crest
07-11-2011, 07:36 AM
This is a shot in the dark, but If you find a iphone in the Woods Creek area and you are an honest person, please contact me. :help: I fell in the creek Saturday up to my chest and when I got out my phone was gone. The phone should not have been in my pocket so I have been beating myself up over it, at least I came out with my truck keys. There could be a german brown playing angry birds at the bottom of Caples right now. Thats the bad news, on a positive note the fishing was good this weekend. Bear produced some nice fish! Many rainbows not much size (they must have planted), got some healthy browns over 5lbs. You need to fish really early in the AM or late in the evening to get these bigger fish to bite. Caples had a few fish picked up near the creek area, I watched a guy bring in a nice hold over bow about 3-4lbs. A lot of bankers and a few boats. I got a few small browns there. Silver had high boat traffic and many bankers. Weather was great, snow is melting fast, I personally know how cold that water is!

Chrome Seeker
07-11-2011, 07:53 AM
I was at Caples on Saturday (first time from boat). I saw a few people catch some fish but a lot of people I talked to didnt get squat...and I was one of them. I tried: dodgers, flashers, hoochies, spinners, rapalas, worms, drifting bait, everything I could think of, at a variety of depths, speeds, and colors of the rainbow. Oh well...on a side note: I saw three boats get some 5+lbs MACKS out of caples... Couldnt believe it. They were some nice looking fish that seemed to be caught on trophy sticks.

nploojlis
07-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Heads up... Dont even bother going to caples until they stock...went there yesterday and did not see one fish...best bet...silver lake...fish were jumping everywhere!

Jfitalia
07-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Heads up... Dont even bother going to caples until they stock...went there yesterday and did not see one fish...best bet...silver lake...fish were jumping everywhere!

Why not??? There are plenty of holdover fish being caught there! I would much rather fish a little harder for some good size holdovers then catch a bunch of 12 inch stockers that dont fight.... There have been numerous reports on caples in the last week or so of people catching a good number of fish out of caples