PDA

View Full Version : Ling Cod!

Jfitalia
07-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Ok Ok i know everyone loves to deep fry their cod but if you know me at all then you know I'm a fitness nut! SO here is a recipe I made last night that didnt involve deep frying!!!!!

ingredients

1-1.5lb of cod fillets
Olive Oil
16oz can of diced Tomatoes
1 chopped Medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 Tbs Cumin
fresh dill
Flour

Start with 3Tbs olive oil in pan and cook chopped onion for about 3 minutes or until onions look clear. Then add garlic and cook for another minute or so. After that turn heat to medium or medium-high and add tomatoes and cumin. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. You will want the sauce thick so allow the water to reduce before you take the pan off the burner. Let sauce stand for about 5-10 minutes.

for the cod make start by heating 3Tbs of Olive Oil for about 2-3 minutes on High heat. During this time you can lightly dust each fillet in flour and knock off all excess flour before cooking. Make sure to turn heat down to medium heat before adding fish (otherwise it will burn) cook each fillet for about 3-5 minutes per side depending on size of fillets.

Once fish is done spoon sauce onto plate and place fillet on top of sauce and top the fish with some fresh dill.

Enjoy!!!!

-Jeremy

CrappieJed
07-14-2011, 11:02 AM
oh...J that sounds really good...and so close to lunch too. time to put the feed bag on, thanks