PDA

View Full Version : Going out on the CAL DAWN on 7/3

justme
06-28-2007, 03:03 PM
I am going out on the Cal Dawn on 7/3. He is not sure if it will be a rock cod/lingcod trip or striper/halibut trip yet. He said it depends on the wind. Anyone else going out on that boat tuesday.

sehoner
06-29-2007, 02:25 PM
not tuesday, but im going next saturday on the "happy days" for a potluck. hopefully your trip will be good.

let us know how it goes.

i hope the majority of the trip on saturday isnt spent on stripers. i can catch them all day in sac..........and not pay 85 bucks.

slick88
06-29-2007, 03:01 PM
i hope the majority of the trip on saturday isnt spent on stripers. i can catch them all day in sac..........and not pay 85 bucks.

....especially when they've been getting limits of stripers in a couple of hours.

sehoner
06-30-2007, 06:43 AM
limits of stripers in a few hours? i can believe it. especially when the limits is two per angler and we're fishing in their front yard.

ya i will be thoroughly disappointed if we spend four hours fishing for stripers and another four hours fishing for salmon.

when i called and set up the reservation i asked for a rockfish trip to the farrallons, i got a potluck instead. i want some rockfish, hali's and then some striper/salmon.

like i said ill be a little PO'd if i spend 85 bucks for some striper(which i can catch at home or some salmon (which i think taste disgusting).

but you know what, this trip is actually to put my father in law on some fish so hopefully it works out that way.

anybody ever go out with captn jim of the "happy days"?

żżż
06-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi justme,

I'll be going out in the Golden Eye 2000 (Quong Vo) on the 20th for rocks/lings and hopefully drift for butt's on the way in. *I haven't had a bad trip on his boat yet (fish-wise). *If the charter isn't running the trip you want, why not look into another charter?

Sehoner, unfortunately I think the weather has the final say as to what you'll go for that day. *Hopefully it's for species you don't have access to in Sac (I'm in Sac also and like you, don't want to pursue fish I can get in my back yard!). *Let's hope you limit out on stripers FAST or hit them later on in the day after you hit the salmon. But if the primary reason is to get your father-inlaw on top of fish (regardless of the species) then I'd book a rock cod trip. You're almost guaranteed a sack full of good eats.