PDA

View Full Version : Spit sesson

GillzNfinz925
07-19-2011, 08:32 AM
I seen on CDFG website that there talking about a spilt sesson for duck! The bag limits mite go up for the ducks and geese as well. They are voteing on it in aug lets hope for the best!!

tonsofun
07-24-2011, 09:51 PM
A split season would be quite nice. So would be an increased bag limit. I got a get gun im waitin to break in

honksrworkn
07-30-2011, 09:03 PM
SPLIT SEASON ........... WHY ? We have so many geese that we have an early season , How ridiculus ..... Im not very suprised .... as we live in a state run buy complete IDIOTS :dancingorange:
Heck if they had it there way we wouldnt be hunting anything , dont let DFG fool you ..Most are environmentalist Idiots ......Not all but many of the ones that set the rules are .... They are not here to help and they are not a friend of the Outdoorsmen .... they are here to hinder outdoor recreation .... As for the limit being raised ...I disagree on that as well ....7 Ducks is plenty not to mention 6 Honks .... Its a heavy enough strap to carry already .:party-smiley-048:

aka Americansteel
07-31-2011, 09:34 AM
I know part of the split season theyre talking about is an extra week towards the end of february to kill some specks. BRING IT ON

GillzNfinz925
07-31-2011, 10:51 AM
I think the bag limit going to stay the same but limit on pintails mite go up to three. That would be great for me, we have a lot of pintails already,going to be a good year. Havent seen ducks on my plot this early in five years its going to be on!!

tonsofun
08-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Wow i have never heard anybody complain about longer hunting seasons and bigger bag limits. So what if we get a week off in november. Thats two weeks to sturgeon fish or turkey, dove, quail or pheasant hunt. Sounds like a good thing to me.

Hof
08-01-2011, 08:49 PM
7 ducks is a lot of good meat as long as you use it. I personally feel that ducks are some of the most thrown away game because there are many who enjoy the sport that don't like the taste. They then let it get freezer burned or give it away to people who find out they don't like wild duck either. I think that raising the limit of a species is fine as long as the population is strong and will continue to be strong, but don't really see a need to raise the overall limit just based on the meat that is collected from 7 birds. Don't get me wrong, on a good shooting day I won't have any problems shooting my 8th or 9th duck if it is legal...But I eat everything I kill. Also, I don't think raising the bag limit would have as much of an impact for us that hunt the refuge because limits are not the norm there. Good hunters who really know an area and hunters with reservations get the limits but many others get skunked and others shoot a few. (A 3 bird average on a refuge doesn't mean everyone shot 3 birds) The flip side would be raising the limit because they need to be controlled because the population is getting unhealthy because of really high numbers or becoming a nuisance. If that is the case then raising the limit could eventually benefit the species we are hunting in the long run. Will be interesting to see what happens. Just my two cents..

Hof

tonsofun
08-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Me and my buddys eat everything we kill too. You are correct the duck numbers are high and there trying to balance out the population before it does become a problem. And as for refuge hunting as long as we can get on at the refuge that we hunt we can nearly always get a limit. We have put our time in. As for the people who waste such good table fair, there is no fixing them. In my opinion if you are gonna waste it dont shoot it. Shoot clays instead... Just my two cents. If they do increase the sprig but not the total bag limit I will still be happy. Sprig are beautiful and fun to call in. And im still looking for a nice bull sprig to mount.

Waterdog
08-05-2011, 03:52 PM
The regs are set - THERE IS NO SPLIT SEASON THIS YEAR. Season runs for 100 days and 7 duck limit.

CRABBY
08-05-2011, 04:10 PM
SPLIT SEASON ........... WHY ? We have so many geese that we have an early season , How ridiculus ..... Im not very suprised .... as we live in a state run buy complete IDIOTS :dancingorange:
Heck if they had it there way we wouldnt be hunting anything , dont let DFG fool you ..Most are environmentalist Idiots ......Not all but many of the ones that set the rules are .... They are not here to help and they are not a friend of the Outdoorsmen .... they are here to hinder outdoor recreation .... As for the limit being raised ...I disagree on that as well ....7 Ducks is plenty not to mention 6 Honks .... Its a heavy enough strap to carry already .:party-smiley-048:

Honk,how do you really feel?LOL,keep it clean please,we do have rules...Don

honksrworkn
08-05-2011, 05:42 PM
The regs are set - THERE IS NO SPLIT SEASON THIS YEAR. Season runs for 100 days and 7 duck limit.

Happy to hear some good news for a change ........ Sorry Guys ... Im very passionet about my Hunting and Fishing .... And I don't care much for anyone that trys to take them away ..... I am all for regulation when its truely needed , but I want Facts not an Opinion :duh:

aka Americansteel
08-10-2011, 09:24 AM
The Departmentís proposals are as follows:

Increase the white-fronted and white goose season length to 105 days in the Balance ofState Zone and split the season into two segments.

Late Season:White-fronted geese andwhite geese from thethird Saturday inFebruary extending for 5days EXCEPT in theSacramento ValleySpecial ManagementArea where the whitefrontedgoose season isclosed. During the LateSeason, hunting is notpermitted on public areas