PDA

View Full Version : I'm off on Wed.........Where to go?

ibanezax
07-25-2011, 11:05 AM
I want to fish for trout and would like to try caples/silver lakes or even ice house. Any tips or recommendations.

PapaGreg
07-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Check Captain Compassion's report, he and Jetspray were at Caples today.

hanman67
07-26-2011, 08:21 AM
i like ice house close plus always nice in the moring plus they just stock it . try gerlily creek lots of browns. loon is been prety good......GOOD LUCK. I WILL TRY to get up there ice or loon thuresday ......:129fs238648::129fs238648:

dirty530
07-26-2011, 10:38 AM
COLOMA.

I caught 4 fish yesterday, one being my biggest trout yet (a beautiful 19-20” male!) (C & R); kept three smaller ones (14-16”) because they got gut hooked. That’s not even the best part.. I caught all my fish, except the first 14 incher on barbless hooks PLUS I hooked into about 11-12 more trout in the 16-22” class! with my polarized glasses, I could see them strike and the size from 30-40 feet away! Go to Coloma if you want top notch trout fishing.

dirty530
07-26-2011, 03:11 PM
I fished Coloma to Auburn (49 stretch) the last two days and got a ton of small wild fish. This is great for our fishery, I have not come across this many wild fish in years. Got a couple 17-19" bows. Hey Dirty, how do you gut hook those fish on barbless? Are you using bait on barbless hooks? How does the bait stay on? Also you got a 19"-20" male (your biggest), but also got 12 trout up to 22" ??(would that be your biggest)!

i hooked the fish on barbless bait holding hooks (size 6) with a worm. check out my newest post "s.f. American [pics will come soon!]". i LANDED/RELEASED a 19-20 incher, but hooked up with bigger fish than that. polarized glasses allow you to easily see fish you normally could not. i get the bait to stay on by hooking the worm 3 times in the middle of it's body and sliding the first hooked part above the hook and on the actual line. i let the rest of worm dangle as it looks more life like. also, i've used small night crawlers and large night crawlers; they both work but i get more consistant strikes on the larger night crawlers.

hope this helps! good luck!

Jetspray
07-26-2011, 05:22 PM
People actually fish without Polarized glasses? I have been wearing them since they came out in the late 50's. I hope which ever lake you chose was productive for you.......Jetspray

ibanezax
07-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Now you really peaked my interest, Coloma was my first choice , but I thought the runoff might be still to high. Well I guess it's not! Where in Coloma should I go? I dig fly fishing, would that help me? Thanks, Time is getting short!

soarwitheagles
07-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Ok, I'll bite...but where is Coloma?

And how do we get there and where do we fish in Coloma?

Is it a lake, reservoir, city or river?

Soar

Jetspray
07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Here ya go fellas dig in.....Jetspray

Welcome to Coloma Resort (http://www.colomaresort.com/location.html)