PDA

View Full Version : Dove Hunting: Central valley

Falzon49er
08-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Hey guys,

New to the boards but i have been looking for a long time. Going dove hunting in the central valley this year and wondered how things were looking down there and if anyone has been seeing any good numbers around the lost hills are or just in general. Thanks guys.

sPooOOk
08-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Man haven't seen as much as last year. Wonder if all this rain we had, had knocked majority of the baby birds out of the nest?

bretmoua
08-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Don't know about any other place but I've seen a lot of doves in Fresno County. I was just at my property the other day and saw many birds flying in the evening. Looks like it'll be a good hunt this year. I can't wait.

Falzon49er
08-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys, hey Bret, what part of Fresno county are you located at? we'll be in Huron most likely. Just curious if you don't mind mentioning or emailing me. I'm not gonna try and swoop on anything, I'm not that kind of guy. Just curious what area in Fresno county or closest town?

bretmoua
08-15-2011, 07:26 PM
I've hunted out in Huron once back in the late 90's and it was quite good. Just not sure where exactly it was. Have you consider trying out the Mendota Wildlife Area? I haven't been there but have heard there are a lot of birds out there and most people usually limit out in the morning. I am in the heart of Fresno but my small property is out towards Sanger. It's usually crowded out there the first few days with me, my friends, and my brother in law...not to mention my cousins as well.

smithstation
08-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Lots of birds in merced, madera and mariposa. Seen more birds this year than last year. As long as we dont get a cold snap it should be a great season.