PDA

View Full Version : 2007 first Fishsniffer Butt fest. SIGN UP PAGE!

keciga1
03-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Ok fellow Sniffers, after alot of if's and when's I think it's safe to say that the Halibut fest will be held on the weekend of 6/8-6/10 at the Berkeley marina. If MetalMouth or Hogs Bro can keep this in the top section it would make it easy for everyone to see. Now lets see how many will be coming. You know the rules, let us know if you need a seat or if you got one open. Also for this one I think we can do a potluck dinner on Saturday since we can't take any fish in the bay from a boat at night, so if someone can volunteer to help me start that off.

Ivan

1)Ivan
2)LunkerHunter + boat
3)Okie - NEEDS A SEAT
4)Smithstation + brother in law
5)timetofish + boat
6)SOUTH BAY FISHER - NEEDS A SEAT
7)FISHIN_ROD + boat
8)LTZOUT + guest + boat
9)Buoy33 + boat
10)Zack + boat
11)rlammi mogin hunter - NEEDS A SEAT
12)PeteK (open seat)
13)Donzi
14)Ric1ric riding with Chick(Beth)
15)tyeroflies + boat + 2
16)blue crush + boat + 2
17)reelemup + boat + 1
18)Martinez Frank + guest
19)STURIPER + boat + 3
20)EastBayAngler - NEEDS A SEAT
21)fernley_tim + boat
22)JonnyP + boat
23)bassassin + boat + livewell full of chovies
24)fishenmitch + boat + 2 guests
25)Rodney Dangerfish??????
26)dukedepmsey + boat (open seats)
27)Fat1bear + 2 + boat
28)Tattofish and Belly Buckle Express
29)AaronB + boat
30)Quasi
31)freon
32)bassn + boat + 2 guests
33)SturgeonStomper + Stompin Machine + guests?
34)ChickFishing58 + Boat + ric1ric
35)Mr. T - *NEEDS A SEAT
36)Know_Excuses Fishin TEAM PYLE STYLE on Fishkillers ride
37)Donzi Jr.
38)Swikmo
39)Eddie

fishing brian
03-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey Ivan glad to see a set date. I wish I could arange that potluck for all of us but I cant be set in stone on making it because I cant figure out if thats my weekend with my daughter. I hope to be there and am looking forward to knocking the crap out of some butts. um that doesnt sound good maybe catching the heck out of them is better. -LUNKER-

okie
03-11-2007, 06:37 PM
6-8/6-10 sounds good, i'll be there but will need a seat if one is available.
okie

smithstation
03-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Myself and the bro-n-law will be there. Not sure if it will be Friday night or Sat. morrning but we will show up some time. I will need all the help I can get getting the boat ready for the salt. Any more advice than WD-40 and salt away will help. Thanks!

timetofish
03-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Put me down + boat!!!

Ivan...change the title of this thread to "Sign-up Page" and the other thread a "BS" thread. It'll keep it a lil' cleaner. *;)

Woo hoo!!! another Fest baby!!!! *[smiley=bananachaga.gif]

metalmouth
03-12-2007, 08:54 AM
I'll sticky it at the top of the board! ;)

SOUTH_BAY_FISHER
03-12-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm in but need a seat on a boat i'll split cost and bring beer!
-SBF

FF_MYRL
03-12-2007, 02:13 PM
I'll be there on my boat!

LTZOUT
03-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Put me down. With boat & guest.

Burt

Hot_Rod
03-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Count me in!

Ron

ZACK
03-13-2007, 08:05 AM
I'll be there Ivan. I'll bring my boat and will also help out by posting on the "Halibut BS Thread" with nautical map pictures of the bay with areas highlighted to fish for those who haven't fished halibut much or at all. I will also recommend tackle and gear needed and answer any and all questions. I would really like to see many of you make this fest. It is my all time favorite fishing and if you haven’t explored the bay in its entirety you are really missing out. In a day of fishing you have the opportunity to catch Halibut, striped bass, leopard sharks, rock fish, all in the same area. Occasionally in the bay it is a long shot but some even hook up with Salmon and if you are fishing for butts in the S. Bay every now and again people even hook up with Sturgeon! :o

You can fish the bay exclusively, or go just outside. Unlike Salmon, Tuna, or many other offshore fishing opportunities that have you miles offshore with nothing to see but grey skies and water in the bay there is a multitude of scenery to take in not to mention tons of history there. From getting a 360 degree view of Alcatraz, having a look at the belly of the golden gate and the old forts on either side of her that used to stand guard, to Treasure Island and all of the naval quarters of years gone by to the many other bridges along wtih another famous and still active prison San Quintin. While fishing off of the sandy beaches of the Marin and Tiberon Shoreline you will be looking up at multi million dollar homes that have been cut into its hill sides. Racoon Strait between Angel Island and Tiberon is also a beautiful spot with the wind break it offers and its peaceful flat calm waters of slow, swirling currents. There are also many steep cliffs to look up at along the coast with natural weather beaten banzai trees on many of the deepest drops. On low tide there are hundreds of colorful starfish decorating the rocks with their many colors of orange, pink, red, purple you name it is truly wonderful.

Oh ya,
did I mention you will be will be catching great eating fish too. *
ZACK! ;D

rlammi
03-13-2007, 05:23 PM
keciga1 sign me up I will try and get out after some butt's ;D ;D but I will need a ride .
Ron

keciga1
03-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Just an FYI. The butts are SLOOOOWWWLLLYY starting to show in the south bay already with a few catches.

Ivan

PeteK
03-13-2007, 08:45 PM
I would love to get in on this, i should have my boat come mid-end of may. I have never fished for them but have for just about most everything else. i will bring myself plus another buddy. i think my boat im getting should fish 3-4 easy? so i should have a seat open for person who has fished this before. boat will be a 20 foot NR seahawk with 150 yami.

donzitroller
03-16-2007, 05:40 AM
Not sure if I can make this one but add me anyways.

ric1ric
03-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Junes all good for me so the wife and I and boat are in.

tyeroflies
03-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Tyeroflies + 2 + boat

blue_chrush
03-17-2007, 08:34 AM
"blue crush" on trophy girl, plus 2......
http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/blue_crush_2/boat%20pics/th_transsom.jpg *

also.....

"reelemup" on his 22'whaler, plus 1.....
http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/blue_crush_2/salmon/th_lasfightingstill.jpg *

as for food, I'm bringing 7layer bean dip and chips....
plus some story suds...... [smiley=cheers.gif]

and depending on salmon season, we will either bring some
slabs of whole fresh salmon, or maybe a 1 slab of smoked....
depends on the last weeks of may....but thats the plan

Martinez Frank
03-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Count me in for the buttfest and a guest ;)

metalmouth
03-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Bump

keciga1
03-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks MM.

Ivan

STURIPER
03-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Ivan,

Count me in!! Boat + 3.... Let me know what I need to do and bring!

Joey,

keciga1
03-22-2007, 11:52 PM
I'll call you tomorrow and let you know bro.

Ivan

EastBayAngler
03-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Well if someone can sport me a seat i will split the gas/bait and bring a pot of buffalo chili and of course beer... :D June is all good for me i have three weeks off and plan on staying wet!!!-EBA

keciga1
03-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Well if someone can sport me a seat i will split the gas/bait and bring a pot of buffalo chili and of course beer... :D June is all good for me i have three weeks off and plan on staying wet!!!-EBA

If the chili is for the potluck please post it on the potluck thread. I will put you down.

Ivan

twoelk48
03-27-2007, 04:00 AM
Im interested in trying this but I need some more information since this will be my first time doing it. *Just where are you guys holding the pot luck, is it right there in the parking lot at the Berkley Marina? *Also where is every one spending the night, again is it right there in the parking lot or what. *I have a 17 ft Starcraft and run a Lowrance 11chd fishfinder and gps unit. *If there is a brave experience sole then I have a open seat if not then I need a ride or is there is enough interest I am willing to charter with FishKiller. *Anyone intersted needs to let me know and Ill set up the charter. *I need 4 folks to charter the boat. *Cost is $150 per person per day or $100 per person if you are a Angler Net memeber. *Thanks Kent *Oh yes can some one suggest what is considered adequate tackle for this outing, again thanks.

donzitroller
03-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Ivan, I'm working on clearing that weekend.. also tipped a Karlovacko just for you bro!

keciga1
03-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Ivan, I'm working on clearing that weekend.. also tipped a Karlovacko just for you bro!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If I can get my hands on a few bottles I'll bring some for you. Hope you can make it bro.

Ivan

ZACK
03-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Im interested in trying this but I need some more information since this will be my first time doing it. *Just where are you guys holding the pot luck, is it right there in the parking lot at the Berkley Marina? *Also where is every one spending the night, again is it right there in the parking lot or what. *I have a 17 ft Starcraft and run a Lowrance 11chd fishfinder and gps unit. *If there is a brave experience sole then I have a open seat if not then I need a ride or is there is enough interest I am willing to charter with FishKiller. *Anyone intersted needs to let me know and Ill set up the charter. *I need 4 folks to charter the boat. *Cost is $150 per person per day or $100 per person if you are a Angler Net memeber. *Thanks Kent *Oh yes can some one suggest what is considered adequate tackle for this outing, again thanks.

Lots of good questions......

One thing we need to realize is the whole premiss of this BUTT fest is of a "Pot Luck" nature. Ivan has been kind enough to get our wheels spinning but it will be a success if we all bring a little some thing to the table and offer input on what best works for everyone. The gathering doesn't have to be flawless. My main goal for the get together is good company, good food, and sharing what has taken me more then 10 years to learn and helping everyone catch fish and learn the bay. A lot of people get intimidated when looking at a large body of water (especially if you don't fish in salt much) but once your out on it a bit and as you learn the water it begins to feel smaller, and smaller.

Today I put a call in to the Berkeley Marina Harbor Masters office. The Harbor Master was not available but I spoke with his 2nd in command Ben. I know they do not allow general camping as I am sure they do not want to turn the marina into a rest stop for weary travelers, or a homeless encampment but I asked him regarding sport fishermen would it be alright if I came down with a group of friends from Sacramento and we parked our RV's with our boats attached could we spend the weekend fishing out of Berkeley and spend the night in our rigs and he told me as long as you stay in the parking lots designated for sport fishermen and pay your 5 dollars a day for your launch and have it displayed on your vehicle it shouldn’t be a problem. He also said they have slips if you would like to leave your boat in the water for 50 cents a foot per day. Grant it I was a little vague while talking to this man, but I did not wish to over whelm him with a planned fishing club event a.k.a. “BUTT fest. Lol
As for a spot for a get together / pot luck I would suggest the park behind the boat launch. I think the park is named after Caesar Chavez and has grass and picnic tables, etc.

If you are planning on coming and considering staying over night I *would recommend you contact the Harbor Masters office yourself between now and then.
# (510) 981-6740

ZACK!

STURIPER
03-29-2007, 08:59 PM

Lots of good questions......

One thing we need to realize is the whole premiss of this BUTT fest is of a "Pot Luck" nature. Ivan has been kind enough to get our wheels spinning but it will be a success if we all bring a little some thing to the table and offer input on what best works for everyone. The gathering doesn't have to be flawless. My main goal for the get together is good company, good food, and sharing what has taken me more then 10 years to learn and helping everyone catch fish and learn the bay. A lot of people get intimidated when looking at a large body of water (especially if you don't fish in salt much) but once your out on it a bit and as you learn the water it begins to feel smaller, and smaller.

Today I put a call in to the Berkeley Marina Harbor Masters office. The Harbor Master was not available but I spoke with his 2nd in command Ben. I know they do not allow general camping as I am sure they do not want to turn the marina into a rest stop for weary travelers, or a homeless encampment but I asked him regarding sport fishermen would it be alright if I came down with a group of friends from Sacramento and we parked our RV's with our boats attached could we spend the weekend fishing out of Berkeley and spend the night in our rigs and he told me as long as you stay in the parking lots designated for sport fishermen and pay your 5 dollars a day for your launch and have it displayed on your vehicle it shouldn’t be a problem. He also said they have slips if you would like to leave your boat in the water for 50 cents a foot per day. Grant it I was a little vague while talking to this man, but I did not wish to over whelm him with a planned fishing club event a.k.a. “BUTT fest. Lol
As for a spot for a get together / pot luck I would suggest the park behind the boat launch. I think the park is named after Caesar Chavez and has grass and picnic tables, etc.

If you are planning on coming and considering staying over night I *would recommend you contact the Harbor Masters office yourself between now and then.
# (510) 981-6740

ZACK!

Zack,

Your on Hit Dude! It seems like you don't miss a beat. Thanks for the Great info you always provide! :)

Joey,

fernley_tim
03-30-2007, 11:07 AM
I will be there plus boat

okie
03-30-2007, 04:09 PM
ivan
i'll bring either some meatballs, or some kind of messed up meat. i experiment alot.
okie

JonnyP
04-03-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm in (plus boat)

Bassassin
04-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Me, my boat and a bait well of chovies. Another ship in the Team Pile fleet will sail. 8-)

fishenmitch
04-10-2007, 06:36 PM
I am in also, 1 boat 2 people, Mitch.

sunracer1957
04-17-2007, 10:14 AM
List me as a maybe??

All truth be told if the Salmon are all stacked up on the coast that time of year I'll be headed for Bodega 8-) Plus Hellstock is the following weekend and I've been trying to make that one for three years now. :o

dukedempsey
04-17-2007, 12:55 PM
add me and a boat not sure if i will bring anyone yet but can fish 4 on the boat. lemme know what you need for the pot luck

dukedempsey
04-18-2007, 12:13 PM
well then who gonna bring the tokillya

EastBayAngler
04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Silver Potron OK??? ;)
Or Don Julio?
Casdores???

willbilly
04-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Silver Potron OK??? ;)
Or Don Julio?
Casdores???
ALL of the above. ;) :) :) :)
Yes Please ;D

Fat1Bear
04-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Add me to the list, I will have my best BUD and My Son on board my boat. 3 is about all I can fish out of my boat comfortably (trolling)

Fat1Bear
04-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Can someone send me all the info on where we will have the potluck and where we can park a motorhome? Is it legal to stay over night in the Berkley parking lot by the launch ramp? Thanks for any help you can offer.

keciga1
04-30-2007, 04:44 PM
The potluck will be held in the parking lot on Saturday evening. The harbour master has been contacted and said we would be ok as long as everyone pays for the launch each day.

donzitroller
04-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Silver Potron OK??? ;)
Or Don Julio?
Casdores???
Any of the above will be taken with no ill will.. ;D

Right on Ivan! You da man!

keciga1
04-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Can't wait bro. It's gonna be lots of fun. We just all have to behave so we don't get kicked out.

donzitroller
05-01-2007, 05:06 AM
Can't wait bro. It's gonna be lots of fun. We just all have to behave so we don't get kicked out.
Ya just had to go and say that, now didn't ya??

>:(

ZACK
05-01-2007, 07:58 AM
The potluck will be held in the parking lot on Saturday evening. The harbour master has been contacted and said we would be ok as long as everyone pays for the launch each day.

Ivan,
you sure we shouldn't have the pot luck at the Ceasar Chavez park across the street from the boat launch parking? They have grass, tables, and Q's there?

ZACK!

keciga1
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
That will work.

exocet
05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Hey Guys. Been swamped with work and haven't posted for a while. A big whats up to all my sniffer buddies!! :D :D :D Count me in for the Hali fest Ivan! I'm gonna motor over from Sausalito and spend the night anchored off Angel Island or maybe I'll get a guest slip in Berkeley... Looks like I'll just have to take that Friday off and fish then to. ;D ;D

iwishtobe
05-01-2007, 08:47 PM
1 of 2 in fat1bears boat...........

what are we fishing for?

oh yes, anything that will hit the plug!!!!!!!!

keciga1
05-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Good to see you will make it Aaron. I'll add you to the list.

blue_chrush
05-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Picnic areas are available on a first-come basis; special events open to the public need a rental permit. Contact the Recreation Office at 510-981-5150. *
Park Hours
6 a.m. to 10 p.m. unless otherwise posted
this means no passing out and sleeping in the park......lol

heres the link to the park.....

http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/Parks/parkspages/CesarChavez.html

if we have to move by 9:30 to get out of the park...
the marina might be better...
just one fish story might take a couple of hours...lol

besides you will be right next to your rigs and be able
to get stuff and put it away easier like the b'ques and such.

you should make sure with the harbor master that open
containers there are going to be cool....
santa cruz has some wierd rules like from a building
you have to be further than the yellow line to drink......lol

freon
05-10-2007, 12:54 PM
You can count me in, not sure what I am bringing to the pot luck, but it will probably be some kind of meat :D

keciga1
05-10-2007, 07:40 PM
You're on the list 8-)

iwishtobe
05-13-2007, 03:28 PM
launched 5-12-07, berkley.

after a day of fishing.....

tri-city's butt fest....

6-9-07.

there is entry fees.....

that will make heavy pressure fishing.

ZACK
05-14-2007, 10:02 AM
launched 5-12-07, berkley.

after a day of fishing.....

tri-city's butt fest....

6-9-07.

there is entry fees.....

that will make heavy pressure fishing.

Welcome To The San Francisco Bay! ;D
There is always lots of pressure but it is a BIG bay.
No worrys Boo Boo, I'm smarter than the average bear! *;D

FF_MYRL
05-15-2007, 03:57 PM
$20 a ticket, one fish per ticket, each person can buy up to three tickets. 1st through 5th large fish will be payed. the bait dock on the 9th will open at 0500hrs. the derby goes from 0500hrs til 1500hrs.

bassn
05-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Count me and 2 buddies in!!! I've never fished the bay or butts before but on a new boat and want to get in on the action. Alway fished for bass but always looking for bigger and better. Do you think we can throw up a small dome tent next to the truck and boat??? Also, I read that Zack is posting some details of halibut fishing for us newbies. Where can I find that??? Thanks for all the help.

keciga1
05-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Count me and 2 buddies in!!! I've never fished the bay or butts before but on a new boat and want to get in on the action. Alway fished for bass but always looking for bigger and better. Do you think we can throw up a small dome tent next to the truck and boat??? Also, I read that Zack is posting some details of halibut fishing for us newbies. Where can I find that??? Thanks for all the help.

He'll be giving out all the info at the fest.

I'll add you on.

smithstation
05-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Silver Potron OK??? ;)
Or Don Julio?
Casdores???
Any of the above will be taken with no ill will.. *;D

Right on Ivan! You da man!

So Donzi, you going to make this one?

STURGEONSTOMPER
05-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Ok, Im gonna try to make this one. I love fishin the bay for butts. Also kicking it in the lot for the night. Done it for years. Ill see if I can drag Ole Jim out for this one. If not Ill bring the pig ;)

timetofish
05-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Ok, Im gonna try to make this one. I love fishin the bay for butts. Also kicking it in the lot for the night. Done it for years. Ill see if I can drag Ole Jim out for this one. If not Ill bring the pig ;)

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] and if all else fails we'll go dino hunting... ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
05-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Theres that ;D

PeteK
05-22-2007, 07:46 PM
ok so i know this says 6/8-6/10 , how many of you are going to actually fish on the 8th? thats a friday.

keciga1
05-22-2007, 07:55 PM
I most likeley will.

exocet
05-23-2007, 05:39 AM
I'll be out there for sure. I'm thinking that I'm gonna anchor off angel island for the overnighters, anyone else????I've cleared my schedule from Thursday afternoon through Monday [smiley=dancingorange.gif] This is gonna be a good one! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ZACK
05-23-2007, 03:08 PM
In Racoon Strait it ought to be a beatiful spot to spend the night....

ZACK!

fishing brian
05-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Take that question mark off my name on the signup list Ivan. I'M IN!!!I'll be at the marina at 6:30 Saturday morning. See ya at the butt fest!
:) 8-) :)-LUNKER-

keciga1
05-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Take that question mark off my name on the signup list Ivan. I'M IN!!!I'll be at the marina at 6:30 Saturday morning. See ya at the butt fest!
:) *8-) :)-LUNKER-

Will do Brian. Glad you'll be able to make it bro.

Martinez Frank
05-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Reports from the Emeryville Marina ... they are catching halibut in close right off of the Emeryville channel one party boat had 14. I would say they have arrived. The boats were stacked up out there this morning :D

STURIPER
05-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Ivan,

Its getting closer! Whats up for that Friday Are you going to be out there?

Sturiper

blue_chrush
05-24-2007, 09:51 PM
ok so *i know this says 6/8-6/10 , how many of you are going to *actually fish on the 8th? thats a friday.

I took that fri off and plan on fishing fri and camping out that night...
then wake up and do it sat, then sun too...... ;)

keciga1
05-24-2007, 10:15 PM
ok so *i know this says 6/8-6/10 , how many of you are going to *actually fish on the 8th? thats a friday.

I took that fri off and plan on fishing fri and camping out that night...
then wake up and do it sat, then sun too...... ;)

That's the spirit.

keciga1
05-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Ivan,

Sturiper

Are you inviting me? ;D ;D ;D

PeteK
05-25-2007, 06:57 AM
well i deceided to take friday of also so ill be getting there approx 6:30 on friday morning. since im leaving friday morning ill have a few seats open for any1 that wants 1.

STURIPER
05-26-2007, 03:46 AM
Ivan,

Striper

Are you inviting me? ;D ;D ;D

ALWAYS BROTHER 8-)

keciga1
05-26-2007, 04:45 PM
I got a ride for Sat and Sun, but if you got a seat open for Friday I'll take it.

ric1ric
05-30-2007, 05:00 AM
Hi Guys
Well it looks like I need a ride for the fest, since they stole my kicker I don't feel comforable going out without backup. I'll be there Friday,Saturday, and Sunday, so if anyone could help me out. I'm always willing to kick in and clean up.
Thanks Rick

CHICKFISHING58
05-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Hi Guys
Well it looks like I need a ride for the fest, since they stole my kicker I don't feel comforable going out without backup. I'll be there Friday,Saturday, and Sunday, so if anyone could help me out. I'm always willing to kick in and clean up.
Thanks Rick

Rick,
You got a ride with me you might have to drive since I dont know the area and no pushing Lexie out of the boat ;D ;)

ric1ric
05-30-2007, 08:04 AM
COOL I would be honored to ride in your new boat. 2hr and 54min. to catch a ride how cool is that. Gotta love the boards and the sniffers on them.

keciga1
05-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Glad you could make it Beth. I'm gonna make a rule for this one, No pushing anyone off the dock, Especially not me. I'm watching my back ;D

blue_chrush
05-30-2007, 08:33 PM
keciga

I have a question.... with like 45 boats and cars and lots of people
and I'm hearing there might be more comming from anohter site.
is the berkley harbor master going to be ok with all the cars in the
lot overnight and what is he going charge us to camp out..??????

thanks.....

also have there been any plans to get more trash cans for the area
as theres going to be some extra trash and trash talking too.....lol

blue_chrush
05-30-2007, 08:38 PM
if the halibut is a bust..... I'm thinking out the gate for salmon.
is there anyone else thinking along theses lines....
rock fish is going to be open too....
and duxx is only like 13mi away......mmmmmmmmmmm

keciga1
05-30-2007, 08:42 PM
The harbour master said it would be fine but we would need to just pay for the launch for each day and make sure we don't leave a mess and not to make a big rucus since there are boats that are birthed there. I am going to check out an alternative spot this weekend if something does happen. I would hate for us to get kicked out since there is alot of people that are coming from quite a ways. I would like to make a good first impression on the harbor master so we could keep doing this every year. We do very well at Brennan, never leave trash behind, no one ever gets in fights, etc. so I'd like to do the same thing here. I don't think we'll have any problems but I'd just like to make sure that everyone knows how it is. I don't think there will be anyone else camping out other than us. There will be more people coming to fish but I don't think there will be anyone camping out in the parking lot.

blue_chrush
05-30-2007, 10:11 PM
that sounds like its doable.....

did you know its the weekend of the annual tri city halibut derby.
that is going to add even more chaos to the ramps....
up early and in the water befor the line starts and get bait...

keciga1
05-30-2007, 10:55 PM
that sounds like its doable.....

did you know its the weekend of the annual tri city halibut derby.
that is going to add even more chaos to the ramps....
up early and in the water befor the line starts and get bait...

I will be getting tickets for the derby. Might as well since I will be fishing anyway.

CHICKFISHING58
05-31-2007, 07:42 AM
Do I need a special license for this derby I do have a CA license with the delta tag ::)

Is there a sign up list for the pot luck?????

keciga1
05-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Beth, all you need is your fishing licence and a derby ticket.

I bumped up both the bs thread and the potluck for ya.

Fat1Bear
05-31-2007, 05:06 PM
I really hope the Harbor Master realizes how much room just our party is gonna take up in the parking lot. I'm thinking we will take up 25% of the lot with our rigs and campers. Has anyone conveyed this to the Harbor Master? They might be upset at the amount of room we will need.

keciga1
05-31-2007, 05:21 PM
It really doesn't matter as long as they get revenue. Everyone that has a boat will pay for the launch. One thing that I haven't mentioned is to make sure you have a fresh $5 bill for each day you lauch because the machine where you pay can be a pain in the butt sometime. You don't wanna have a bunch of $1 bills, that's 5 more times you have to mess with the machine.

Fat1Bear
06-01-2007, 02:30 PM
What if I have a Motorhome and a Suburban pulling my boat, will I need 2 launch fees per day?

ZACK
06-01-2007, 03:25 PM
What if I have a Motorhome and a Suburban pulling my boat, will I need 2 launch fees per day?

If you are planning on coming and considering staying over night I *would recommend you contact the Harbor Masters office yourself between now and then. You might want to mention to him that you are part of a fishing club and if he would mind if 15 to 20 of you stayed over night if we pay for our launch daily? I live fairly close and will not be staying over. I would not use the term camp, or camping but when I called a few months back they said we do not allow camping but if you pay your launch and stay quietly in the parking lot it's not a problem. I think they state they do not allow camping to keep out the homeless, etc. For your own sake I would suggest you speak to him personally?
# (510) 981-6740

ZACK!

blue_chrush
06-01-2007, 06:37 PM
zack.....
someone told me berkley doesn't have a fresh water wash out....
is the true...?????

ps......

heres a link to the yahooo map and arial photo of the marina

http://maps.yahoo.com/#q1=Yosemite,%20KY,%2042566&mvt=h&trf=0&lon=-122.314578&lat=37.866808&mag=2

also heres a link to berkeley marina's web site and page...
it has alot of great info on it with pics and directions....
heres the marina's web site with all the info on it......

http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/marina/

ZACK
06-01-2007, 07:46 PM
zack.....
someone told me berkley doesn't have a fresh water wash out....
is the true...?????

ps......

heres a link to the yahooo map and arial photo of the marina

http://maps.yahoo.com/#q1=Yosemite,%20KY,%2042566&mvt=h&trf=0&lon=-122.314578&lat=37.866808&mag=2

also heres a link to berkeley marina's web site and page...
it has alot of great info on it with pics and directions....
heres the marina's web site with all the info on it......

http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/marina/

Of course they have a fresh water wash out. There are two spickets. One on either side of the launch. You do however have to bring your own hose.

ZACK!

blue_chrush
06-02-2007, 06:38 AM
zack or Ivan.......

which parking lot are you guys thinking were all going to fit?
with 40boats and cars..... I'm looking at the arial shots
and the lot right next to the launch ramp is a possibility if
there are not many cars for sailing/boating that weekend,
the only other spot I'm seeing is a parking lot on the other
side of the marina to the south on that point with trees,
which has over 100 spots which looks big enough.
which lot are you guys thinking of.........thanks

blue_chrush
06-02-2007, 09:23 AM
[quote author=Fat1Bear link=1173665866/90#90 date=1180737000]What if I have a Motorhome and a Suburban pulling my boat, will I need 2 launch fees per day?

If you are planning on coming and considering staying over night
I *would recommend you contact the Harbor Masters office
I called a few months back they said we do not allow camping but if you pay your launch and stay quietly in the parking lot it's not a problem.
# (510) 981-6740

ZACK!

Fat 1 Bear.........
you will need a sticker for each car parked in the lot......
and the harbour master says no motorhomes, 5th wheels
are allowed uless theres a trailer behind it.....

as for the camping/sleeping if your quite......lol
in the past if one or 2 slept in the front seat of
there cars while waiting for daylight that was ok sometimes.
but if theres like more and it seems like there sleeping over
night to stay another day,,,, there going home.....
you can call.... cause I did and thats not the answer I
was looking for I assure you.....

keciga1
06-02-2007, 09:53 AM
I am going to go and check out two other locations for us. I'll give you guys an update when I get back.

Fat1Bear
06-02-2007, 12:22 PM
I was told no camping at marina awhile back. I'll call the Harbor Master myself but if they say no motorhomes then I'll have to pass on this trip unfortunately. Please let me know if there is another spot to overnight in the area.

keciga1
06-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I went out on a scout mission for a place we could spend the night at that has a launch ramp and is close to Berkeley. Checked out a few places but only found 1 possible place which is Encinal at the Rockwall in Alameda. I will call them tomorrow to find out if I could get permission for us to stay overnight There is no alcohol allowed at any of the places that I checked out. This place gets locked at night so leaving during the night wouldn't be an option. It is big enough for all of us that want to attend. and not too far from Berkeley to get bait. I will post tomorrow afternoon after I find out if the city of Alameda will give us permission to stay overnight. Zack will call the harbour master of Berkeley tomorrow so hopefully we get some good feedback from him also. I wanna apologize to everyone for this. The thing about fishing and camping in the bay is that there are no overnight campgrounds with a launch ramp in the bay area and most importantly near Berkeley. I know that for past fests we have been able to camp out and launch at the same place but there is nothing around here that will let us do that. The nearest campground on the water that I know of is Half Moon Bay and trust me most of us will not want to make the run from HMB to the bay. Once more I apologize for any inconvenience to anyone if this doesn't work out.

The entrance to Encinal
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4015/halibuttrip008wt0.jpg

View of the parking lot
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/61/halibuttrip003ds5.jpg

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8020/halibuttrip005aq6.jpg

The launch ramp
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1040/halibuttrip006ba4.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7103/halibuttrip007qk3.jpg

blue_chrush
06-03-2007, 07:08 PM
I have called a couple too..
thanks for trying to get this ironed out Ivan.....
I'm sure this is not what you wanted either.
I just got in from trying to fix my boat this weekend
and chores.....I'm going on line to see if theres some
park or place we can go to nearby berkeley to eat and
stay, theres got to be something near by that will work....

thanks Ivan for trying to resolve this and zack too....

keciga1
06-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Trust me on this one. I am the last person that wanted this. I spent all day yesterday driving arround and online looking for a campground nearby so we could overnight it. If you do find something please let me know. When I agreed to organize this I didn't realize that it was gonna be impossible to find a place to camp with a launch ramp. Like I said already I honestly apologize to everyone for any inconvenience if it doesn't work out, but I will try till the last minute to find something.

blue_chrush
06-03-2007, 09:33 PM
east bay regional parks system has camping at lake chabot...
picnic and rv and tent camping....

I'm not sure how far lake chabot is away...
'

http://www.ebparks.org/parks/anchabot.htm

ok....its all the way down in san leandro......
kinda far, and I know theres closer spots...

blue_chrush
06-03-2007, 09:40 PM
heres a thought......

we all chip in and rent 2 ajoining rooms somewhere
and all park there and use the pool and such and
the few that need to stay the night share the rooms.....lol
still looking.....

blue_chrush
06-03-2007, 11:32 PM
ok you can check the post time......
and this is what I have so far.....

http://www.simhq.com/_air2/images/air_029a_002.jpg *

this is screwed up..... I searched so many sites
I can't belive that theres no where near the bay on that
side to park an rv and spend the night.....berkeley you suck
I remember a strech of road alongside hwy 80 next to the water
I use to see all kinds of cars parking and fishing right next to
there cars, the frontage rd..... is there signs there about no parking
after 10pm I wonder......?????

STURIPER
06-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Have you thought about parking on West Frontage Road! Its right off the freeway! There is a long stretch for at least a mile and I see campers park there all the time.

sigmapirockstar
06-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Yeah be care ful at the rock wall launch in Alameda, not the nicest area I have launched from...take off your faceplates and lock you car, etc. I have not gotten anything stolen/vandalized from there, but can see it happening. (not to be pessimistic, just observant)

keciga1
06-04-2007, 08:49 PM
This is true. Also the launch ramp cam be a pain at low tide as the green moss is exposed.

Martinez Frank
06-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Just found out I have to work this weekend :( so I will not be able to attend the Buttfest, hope everyone has a good time, see all of you at the next fest

keciga1
06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Mr T, I'll add you to the list on the sign up list, and I'll add that you need a seat.

Know_Excuses
06-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Ivan add me to the list!!I will be riding team Pile Style on FishKillers ride
later!!
KE

keciga1
06-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Mike, glad you can make it bro. I'll add you to the list.

donzitroller
06-05-2007, 09:29 PM
later!!
KE
Also add my son, Swikmo and Eddie.. Gonna be a blast, lookin forward to fishing! Oh yeah, exercise caution if my son tries to get you guys in a big fish pot!

keciga1
06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Will do.

ric1ric
06-06-2007, 06:10 AM
Oh yeah, exercise caution if my son tries to get you guys in a big fish pot!
I'll give him my 5 bucks any day. Hey Donavan

ZACK
06-06-2007, 11:20 AM
later!!
KE
Also add my son, Swikmo and Eddie.. Gonna be a blast, lookin forward to fishing! Oh yeah, exercise caution if my son tries to get you guys in a big fish pot!

You know,
that isn't a half bad idea......
Instead of giving your money to the "Trivalley butt tournament" we could just have our own big fish pot and keep the cash between ourselves??? Biggest butt gets 1st. 2nd goes to largest bass and third goes to the best captian with the most legal halibt & stripers landed by a single boat irregardless of how many on board?

Thoughts......ZACK!

LTZOUT
06-06-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm all for it, as long as we can find someone responseable enough to take charge of it.

Fat1Bear
06-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Ok, it sounds like camping at Berkley is a bust. I just got off the phone to the harbor master and was told under no circumstances was overnighting permitted any where near the marina. They also said that because of the Tri-City Derby they will be enforcing all rules and laws. I'll have to try for next years Butt Fest, because those guys at Berkley are real jerks.

keciga1
06-06-2007, 06:37 PM
If you have a berht you will be set. Your truck and trailer will be sitting in the parkin lot anyway so as long a you have the recipt on the dash from your birth it doesn't really matter if you're sleeping in your truck or boat.

doneli
06-06-2007, 07:23 PM
ivan thanks for calling. but i won't be able to make to the fest :(....unfortunately this is the time of the year when my job requires a lot of overtime.....i was looking forward to see all of you ladies(chick58) and gents....but it will be the next fest at brannan island ;) any time after sep....wish all of you a good luck and the best fishing you can have.......

-doneli-

ric1ric
06-06-2007, 08:34 PM
doneli we are going to miss you man, and your cooking machines you build. Hope to see you soon.

ZACK
06-06-2007, 09:01 PM
If you have a berht you will be set. Your truck and trailer will be sitting in the parkin lot anyway so as long a you have the recipt on the dash from your birth it doesn't really matter if you're sleeping in your truck or boat.
I really can't see them kicking somebody, truck, and trailer out of the parking lot who has purchased a birth unless you are making an A$$ out of yourself and there responding to a complaint. However, worst case scenario you would have to drive a mile into town and park at a store parking lot for the night?

ZACK!

CHICKFISHING58
06-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Ok, it sounds like camping at Berkley is a bust. I just got off the phone to the harbor master and was told under no circumstances was overnighting permitted any where near the marina. They also said that because of the Tri-City Derby they will be enforcing all rules and laws. I'll have to try for next years Butt Fest, because those guys at Berkley are real jerks.

I disagree with them being a jerk I have talked with Dave Shelly and emailed back and forth and I think he's a really nice man maybe it was the way you came across :-/

FF_MYRL
06-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Bad news for me. Due to an injury (to a co-worker ) at work, I can not get this weekend off. I will have to see you all at the next one, and that for me will be the salmon fest.

Rodney

keciga1
06-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry you can't make it. I'm sure you'll be on the water chasin butts between now and the salmon fest.

Fat1Bear
06-07-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry if I made anyone angry but when I called the harbor masters office and asked about staying in the parking lot it seemed if the person I spoke with was very unhappy answering my questions. They were not willing to give any info excepct NO OVERNIGHT in their parking lot what so ever. When I asked about staying overnight in the area they told me they did not want anyone staying in the area period. They never offered info on a berth or anything. After answering about three different questions I could tell by their attitude they did not want to provide any info or help in the matter. I understand that they must very busy, but they seemed annoyed by my call. Maybe calling them JERKS was a little harsh but I'm not from the area and know very little of their facility. He did not seem to care.

keciga1
06-07-2007, 06:22 PM
A probable reason why they were anoyed is because they have gotten alot of phone calls about that topic. A few posts back I encouraged everyone not to call the marina asking about the fest and that everyone should call and reserve a berth. Zack has been talking to them and this was the only person I wanted dealing with the issue. Sorry to hear you won't make it, if you change your mind you're more than welcome to come. I'm not bashing you just trying to explain why you got the response you did.

Know_Excuses
06-07-2007, 08:29 PM
ivan * thanks for calling. *but i won't be able to make to the fest :(....unfortunately *this is the time of the year when my job requires a lot of overtime.....i was looking forward to see all of you ladies(chick58) and gents....but it will be the next fest at brannan island ;) any time after sep....wish all of you a good luck and the best fishing you can have.......

*-doneli-

Ah man!! I think my all time favorite sniffer!! (sry other guys :P ) I'll miss ya bro, I will make sure to hook one for ya ;D ;D

P.S.
I still have the minin beer bong you made ;D

Know_Excuses
06-07-2007, 08:32 PM
A probable reason why they were anoyed is because they have gotten alot of phone calls about that topic. A few posts back I encouraged everyone not to call the marina asking about the fest and that everyone should call and reserve a berth. Zack has been talking to them and this was the only person I wanted dealing with the issue. Sorry to hear you won't make it, if you change your mind you're more than welcome to come. I'm not bashing you just trying to explain why you got the response you did.

For the love of Pete people let sleeping dogs lay or lie;D ;D

keciga1
06-07-2007, 09:41 PM
ivan * thanks for calling. *but i won't be able to make to the fest :(....unfortunately *this is the time of the year when my job requires a lot of overtime.....i was looking forward to see all of you ladies(chick58) and gents....but it will be the next fest at brannan island ;) any time after sep....wish all of you a good luck and the best fishing you can have.......

*-doneli-

Bummer. I was really hoping you would be able to make it down. Give me a call anytime you want to come down.

doneli
06-08-2007, 06:52 PM
doneli we are going to miss you man, and your cooking machines you build. Hope to see you soon.

Ah man!! I think my all time favorite sniffer!! (sry other guys *) I'll miss ya bro, I will make sure to hook one for ya *

P.S.
I still have the minin beer bong you made *

;D ;D ;D * * *thanks * sniffers!!!!!!! * i will * try to make to the next one * * and *hopefully * we can use the cooking machines and make some fish tacos ;D ;D * *and race with the beer bong ;)

thanks ivan * maybe we can get together some time and fish the bay..

* good luck * * * * * * * * * *-doneli-

keciga1
06-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Anytime.

ZACK
06-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey when you gonna clean out the closet and delete this thread?
ZACK! ;D