PDA

View Full Version : New Easy Rider 8/14

nayr
08-15-2011, 07:45 PM
I booked a trip aboard the New Easy Rider for myself and a few friends on sunday. I've fished many trips with Joey before but never for salmon. Needless to say I was anxious to get into some fish and the reports led me to believe the odds were in our favor. We were on the boat at 5am(first onboard) and by 6 we were off. The first fish came fast and we would continue to see one here two there for most of the day. Amongst my group there were 6 fish landed for the five of us. I had two fish strike and landed both, my brother was left out with no strikes. As for the others in my group they were 1 for 1, 1 for 3 both his fault(still shaking my head), and 2 for 2(one of which was the jackpot fish at 26lbs). I think the days total was 20 fish for 17 guys. Most of the fish ranged from 6 to 10lbs, but there were 5 fish over 20lbs and a handful of shakers. I fished a watermelon apex half the day with nothing to show, then switched it up to the choves (like the others) and got fish. Good times with friends, great crew, and fish for our efforts. A great day in my book!

Big Game
08-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Congratulations on the great day. Hard to beat the Gallias - they know Salmon Fishing for sure.Big Game

newtothegame
08-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Yes that is a great day! I cant wait to get out and get some salmon fishing in! Great report! I love using apex's (no checking of bait lol) ... its amazing how much better sandwiches taste when using apex's instead of chovies or herring lol .....

seriously though great report and congrats on the salmon!

how deep were you guys fishing if you dont mind me asking?