PDA

View Full Version : Butt fest report.

SturgeonVirgin
06-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Got to Berkeley this morning around 6, met Fernley_Tim and Okie, aka Bill. They had already picked up the bait, so in I hoped and off we go.

Before the breakwater, hey is that your buoy? Yep, so back we go to get it. We get outside the breakwater, open it up a bit and there goes Bills' hat. So far so good, two clean retrievals.

Lots o boats, we get in the mix off the north side of the pier, got a a few shakers, mostly thanks to Bill's trout rod. (Think sabiki rig on roids...) got to see a couple real idiots get in shouting match cause they were drifting too close to each other. The loudest one threatened to jump over to the others boat and kick his tail in a very friendly outburst. ;)He proved his machsimo later on by popping the top off his beer with his teeth. :o (now thats just too smart for me) :P
We drfited bait in that area, thought about moving over toward the bridge, but lo and behold, both batteries are too low to fire the main. :'( So we stayed on the flats till about 1 or so, with the wind coming up figured we should call it at that point. Total count, 5 shakers, 2 sharks, and a couple rays that about broke the trout rod.

Tim, Bill, great time out there, lotta good laughs, lets do it again!

bluestar
06-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Sound like fun time!! Too bad I have to take care of my 9-month-old.... Would've been fun to meet some new/old friends.

keciga1
06-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Mr.T, missed you this morning as we headed out at about 5:15. Glad you guys had a good time.

freon
06-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Fished with Krzy and Lisa yesterday, total of 20 shakers and two keepers, a lot of fun, but sure did want more keepers *:D
Krzy made a crazy call, but put us on the fish, it was great fishing with him and Lisa all day, we got off the water around three, washed up the boat and Krzy headed home as he might be fishing as a deckhand this morning, good luck out there buddy *;)
Headed over to berkley after that for the fest and promptly met up with Rick and Beth and they led us to the rest of the crew who were hiding out in their berths, which is better than Beth who chose to hide out in the bathroom for half the night (you might want to ask her about that one *:o ) after everyone was done getting their rigs ready to go fishing today or for going home, we got a bbq going and the fest was on.
there was great food and a few wobbly pops going around and it wound up being a great place for a fest. Headed home around eight, long day after getting up at 2:30 am, but a whole lot of fun *:D
Too many people to name them all ;)
Thanks Ivan and Zack for putting this whole thing together *:D

ZACK
06-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Dang MrT man,
did you make it to the pot luck? If you did I must have missed you. After a day on the bay and out the gate my brain turns to mush!
Great time with cool people. Props to all those who were able to make it. I'm at work now but will try to post a report later. ZACK!

SturgeonVirgin
06-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Zack,
I actually headed home after we got back to the dock around 3 or so. I was wiped out, and barely made it to the house before crashing hard tilll about 10 last night. Long week caught up with me.... :P

Big Kudos to you and Ivan for all the work you put in to getting this thing going. I am afraid the salt has got me hooked, freshwater is fun but man, salt rocks.

okie
06-10-2007, 06:11 PM
zack and ivan, thanks for a great time. it was my first fest and i really enjoyed the comaradarie amoung all the fishermen/women, some people just stoppeb by to chat and it was really great. big thanks to ric & beth for the outstanding meal sat nite, the pork chops was really great beth, and ric, the only way i think the potato salad could have been better is if i had made it myself, but tim can't stand a little spice.
thanks again to all that participated, and a big one to you tim for the invite to ride with you.
bill

donzitroller
06-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Holy cow.. what a day! The butt fishing was less than productive for us, but that didn't stop us from having a whole boatload of fun! LITERALLY! A great crew makes for a great day! BUTT, the highlight of the day was meeting those few who were left for the grubbin! We didn't really plan to stay and didn't bring anything.. that didn't stop everyone else from feeding us! Okie, there weren't that many people there, which one were you? Sorry, I was hella out of it when we got in.. a great treat in the parking lot, Fernley Tim's bud from Nev was tailgating with some rockin meatballs and grilled links! (Was that Okie?) That really hit the spot! South Bay Fisher, a pleasure to meet you, as well as PeteK and ZACK! Freon, great to see you again, and nice to meet Lisa! Beth, thanks ever so much for the cheesecake! You don't know how scrumptious that was! Rick, don't know what we'd have done if you and Beth hadn't still been out.. good to see ya bud! Ivan, well done bro, it was a tough one to put together but you pulled it off, thanks to you and Zack for the work! Mr T, missed ya this time, and Krzy too.. It's funny cuz we usually bring way too much food and yesterday was like a boatload of bachelors. We'd have starved if Swikmo hadn't brought a bucket of fried chicken! Needless to say we were all dying of hunger by the time we got to the ramp! Blue Crush, missed ya out there! Hope all is well! Tattoo Joe and crew were out there huntin sharks.. good to see you guys! Hope you slayed em! I'd have chatted a bit more on the horn with ya, but we were kinda distracted! Lunker, saw you heading for bait, we were in a Robalo CC, hollered at ya across the water.. hope you guys had luck! LTZOut, skipped out to dinner and didn't get to see ya before we left, sorry to hear bout your butt. How'd the boat do out there? Workin on pics, nuff ramblin! Next stop:

BODEGA FEST ;D

fishing brian
06-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks Ivan and Zack for all your work and info. We had a great time and look forward to the next one. I had to leave Saturday so I missed the dinner and stuff but It was well worth the drive down. It was great meeting Okie, FernleyTim, Zack, Pete K, Blue Crush, And seeing Ivan, Ric, Beth,and the rest of the festers. We saw Donzi and some of The team pile crew but never had the chance to chat. The Radio was very busy and the sniffers surely made their presence known. Sorry for the ones I missed I was a bit wobbly after 2 long days on the water. Thanks again everyone. :) -LUNKER-

THE REPORT- I caught 1- keeper halibut, 1- shaker halibut, 1- 9 pound striper, and about 5-6 rock cod. The others on my boat caught 3 rays, 1 shaker halibut, Some undersize lings and a small handful of rock cod. It was 2 days of slow fishing but we had a great time. :)

I had one guy on board get so seasick up the coast that he threw up until midnight last night and said he will never go out on the ocean again. Too bad for him I guess there will be more fish for the rest of us. *;)

fishing brian
06-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Oh yeah I forgot. I wanted to say that on the way back to berkely from the red rock area on friday, Oh my god! :o Those were some nasty waves. The white caps were breaking over my bow and onto my windsheild. Not just spray but the whole thing was going over the bow. Good thing Ive got the bailing bow because it was full more than a half dozen times. We were a little nervous for a minute there. When we turned toward the marina and could surf them it was nice. I'd say those things were at least 5-6 feet about 2 seconds apart and strait up or curling walls of water. The outside was beautiful both days and the bay was ok saturday but friday evening was ugly in the bay. :o

CPTN_JACK
06-11-2007, 05:11 AM
IVAN,, sounds like u put on a great time at Bazerkley!! sorry i missed the friday and Saterday part of it!! It would have been great to meet u and the rest of the gang! I only got to fish Sunday,, Lots of Fish caught for us but as of latley throw backs!! Did scratch up 3 keepers to 13lbs for the five sticks onboard!! Trollin for us!! Hope to make the next one!! CJ [smiley=captjack.gif]

fernley_tim
06-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks ivan and zack for putting on a killer fest! thanks mr t for making me laugh on hangover sat. ;D ill fish with you anytime ;) great meeting all the sniffers old faces and new :) here are some pictures of my new 30' flasher http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/1190/1000979uc9.jpg http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/561/1000980zq3.jpg my 27" that I caught trolling sunday before I towed in lztsout http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8250/1000978zz9.jpg okie fighting a ray with a trout pole :o http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5196/1000975vi5.jpg one of the rays caught http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9444/1000977lx7.jpg

ric1ric
06-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Good Morning all you Butt Masters
Well this makes one more FEST under my belt, and just like all the others I was not disappointed. I got a chance to to ride with Chickfishing for this one, in her new boat. We got to berzerkly on friday morning got our berth and launched. We only took a little spin around to test everything out, all good and back to the slip to do a little meet and greeting. First we see Ivan, then Fernley Tim and Okie, Lunker Hunter and crew, PeteK and crew, from there things start getting a litlle foggy so I know everyones name gets lost about here. We stood around the slips having a few cold ones,when Zack showed, it was cold till we figured out it was much warmer in the parking lot. So we moved the get together up there. Where we continued to meet and greet. Then a bunch of us loaded up and headed over to LitzOut boat sweet ride for a few more pops. After that we headed back to the slips for a couple more. Now some of us sleep in the boats some sleep in there cars, and some thought the showers might be a great place to sleep for a while. ;D
So morning comes sorta, Ivan calls a wakes me up at 4:00am. I start waking everyone else up to get ready. About 5:00am we have a little setback though, seems when got out of the truck someone left their keys in the ignition. We did have a hero emerge though PeteK helped us out with a AAA card and got it unlocked for us (Thanks Pete).
*After that we headed out to where most of the fleet were working and trolled for a couple hours for nada. Then Ivan calls says we need to get over to rockwall,we pick head over when we get there they say no fish here we will see you later (what the heck.)
So we run over to where the Belly Buckel Boys were sharking. There Beth got her first shark, after that I hook a big ray and talk Beth into fighting it, it was 40-50lber the tide was ripping and OMG I thought I killed Beth she fought it well for a few long long runs then it got the best of her (might have been the hangover, but let her tell it her way) so got dizzy, maybe a little sea sick and had to give it up. Beth now know what a big fish can do though now. After that we headed in to rest up for pot luck and start over. Saw Blue Crush at the ramp and a few sniffers I didn't talk to because I thought they would make the potluck but didn't *sorry tyeroflies and MrT thought I would get a chance to talk latter.
Most of fish killer team pile crew came thouugh and stayed a while, Fish Killer, Donzi, Donavan, 209 Richie, SwinkMo, Eddie, and KNow Excuse. Mike I am begining to wonder what happened to the master Fester we all know and love. Not even a bong of beer.
Oh news flash Richies ice chest does have a bottom.

Freon and Lisa it was nice to see you again.
South Bay Fisher, Basan, and every one I forgot or missed nice to meet hope to see everyone again.
Sunday we shot over Freons spot for Beths first Halibut, but just a little guy. We stayed about 2 hrs there then headed over to where we heard Tim, Okie and Tattoo, his dad and Mike22ca getting keeepers. Once again we get there and everyone else leaves. WTF.
We loaded up and headed in to clean up.
Once again I had a great time with top notch people, thank you Ivan and Zack for putting it together and making it work, and for all the advise we did boat a few shakers so I think its just a matter of putting in the time now.
Thank you Beth for letting me ride with you I had a ball and love how you boat handled the bay.
Another Fest well done. *

SturgeonVirgin
06-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Tim thanks again, I'm ready to go again!

So, what do you cacth with that big flasher? Cruise liners?

Guess its a foregone question if ya got your battery issue taken care of, that ol johnson must loved a 30 footer back there!

SOUTH_BAY_FISHER
06-11-2007, 08:59 AM
First off thanks to Ivan and Zack for a great fest. Secon d thanks to Pete K for the boat ride what a nice boat and great skipper skills you have. I miss predicted my driving time and go to the marina at 4 so i blew a few smokes and tooled around before some one let me in the gate to the docs meet up with Pete and started geting ready. Pete went to help Beth and Rick cause colectively they lock the dog and oh yeah the keys in her car any way we waited for Zack to show up with a live bait tank that kicked but kept the bait fresh and lively. headed out of the marina and out some of Zacks spots. Zack is showing us bay newbies how to hook the bait and before we got all the lines out wham Petes hooked up with a shaker not 2 min later wham i'm hooked up with a shaker. Now that was it for halibut we ran around the bay trying different spots for a while then the charged the gate hit up a few rock cod and few shaker lings. Beautiful day views of the gate were just amazing came in did a few around treasure island yielding one nice 24" stiped bass for Pete that gave a great fight coming to the boat the just pelling of drag on another run. All in all had a great day Zack thank you so much for teaching me about how to tie the rigs up what your looking for in spots to drift, how to dress out the diffrent fish and everything. Pete thanks for leting 5 guys fish your brand new boat and puting that new rig right up next to the rocks so we could get some fish. Richard and Johny man what a great day thanks for being the funn y guys that kept me laughing all day.

Also great to meet tim, bill, donzi, know_Excuses, and crapi can't remember everyones name i'm realy bad with names but it was nice to see old faces freon and his lovely lady just had a great day can't wait to see everyone again.

Alos the fest was great we had some food and aduly sodas it was great no budy bother us at all great time.

-SBF

ZACK
06-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Nice report SOUTH BAY FISHER,
I was just about to write one but you covered the day beautifully.
Your welcome on all the fishing info. I wished I could have put us on some keeper butts but all in all I think we caught fish of some sort on just about every spot we hit and that kept things a bit exciting and kept us all on our toes.

Days fish total was (If I remember correctly):

2) shaker Halibut
4) Rock Cod
2) 23 inch Ling Cod
1) 25 inch Striped Bass

Total= 9 fish

I likewise had a great time with all of you as well and really enjoyed the dry wit of SBF. My regular fishing parter Big John is a real card and SOUTH BAY FISHER fired back at John tit for tat ALL day long! ;D

The one who REALLY impressed me was PeterK. I met Pete on Friday evening and he was showing me his new rig (20 ft. NorthRiver) and he told me he just got it 3 weeks ago. I said cool, and asked "what boat did you have before this one"? He responded "Ah man, this is my 1st boat" All I could think is this guy has only had a boat for 3 weeks and he hauled himself and his boat clear down to the bay from Sacramento fish the bay and beyond??? This guy has balls! ;D
I was planning on bringing my boat the following day but suggested to him that I would be more than happy to co-pilot with him for the day to show him the ropes and that is just what we did.

I will have to say he passed with flying colors!!! Especially after I got him used to fishing out the gate off of the coast making drifts that put you just 6, or 8 feet off of rocks, and cliffs. He was a little anxious at 1st but he trusted me and began to get a feel for the current and where it would take him and when to make boating adjustments to keep us all safe and his boat shinny and new!

That is what making fishing friends is all about. To all who do not do so already do yourself a favor and SHARE your fishing knowledge and do not miser it or else you will find yourself sitting on your boat alone with no one to talk to but dead fish like a selfish hermit! ;D

Good job Pete now SOUTH BAY FISHER post some of those nice pic's you took with that little camera and this thread will be complete! ZACK!!!

SOUTH_BAY_FISHER
06-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Pics will be up once the wifey uploads them i may stare at a computer all day but that's about all i'm good for this picture thing i can take them but the wife handles the up loading and all that stuff hope fully tonight i'll have them up.

-SBF

ZACK
06-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Pics will be up once the wifey uploads them i may stare at a computer all day but that's about all i'm good for this picture thing i can take them but the wife handles the up loading and all that stuff hope fully tonight i'll have them up.

-SBF

Cool,
if you have trouble posting them I sent you an e-mail and if you would like to send them to my address later I can post em up?
Have a good one, ZACK!

PeteK
06-11-2007, 10:45 AM
hey guys,

Hmm were to start? I got down there firday night and launched the boat. I played bummper cars off a few poles and boats and lunker hunter was kind enouhg to help me get into those little slips. After i got the boat tied up i went up and meet ivan and the rest of the crew in the parking lot. chickfish, ric1ric, ferley tim and okie. We had a couple a beers and zack showed up. had a few more beers over at lztout boat which is a sweet ass ride. Got up early thye next day and got set up fishing with zack , john , rich and sbf. We had action nearly at all spots and i learned alot on that day. Sometimes its not about what u catch but what u bring back in experince that matters more. Sbf and zack did pretty good job recap the events on saturday.

To bad u guys couldnt make it back on Sunday because we tore it up. I had 2 buddies come down from Sacramento and we got out on the water about 7 or so. First drift we got 1 shaker hali that was maybe 1/8 of inch from legal if that . So we threw it back. caught 2 stripers on that drift about 7 pounds each. and maybe 5 sand sharks. we keep 1 stripper for cooking. Reset up another drift and i got a shaker right of the start. Then my buddy hooks one and says oh yeah this one has some weight. i get the net out and we got a 30 inch hali on board! Sweet we are all stoked. It slows down for about an hr and we start a new drift. its still pretty slow and my buddy takes a piss and gets a hit in process. its funny cause he didnt get his pants done up and started losing them in the fight. Well i get the net out after about a 8 -10 minute fight and its a hali 34 incher. I almost went over when i netted it cause i didnt estimate how heavy it was so when i flipped the net up my feet slid out from under me. Was a good laugh for all. At this point the wind starts blowing so we move to start a new drift in less wind. No takers so we head back into the wind by TI. Soon as we start the drift bam i hook up and i can tell it has some weight. 28 inch hali in the boat. its hiting around 1 and its blowing pretty good so we drift the same drift i picked up the stripper the day before. My buddy hooks up and says oh **** this one is heavy. we dont know what it is so we just play it for a few. 20 lb stripper netted, pics and released. Also it was tagged buy DFG so we cut the tag and will submit info as to catch location size and weight. we got of the water yesterday at around 230 or so. i was completely exhausted after yesterday. I was nice meeting ever1, donzi i need to hook up with u guys and fish some i cant believe your like less then a mile from my house.

Fish count for Sunday
3 legal butts 28, 30 , 34
3 shaker butts
3 strippers,7,7 and 20 pounds
approx 6 sand sharks but lost count.

donzitroller
06-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Pete, you guys suck! A day early we were! Awesome putting butts on the boat! Way to go! Those are some nice butts! Trip to find out you're that close.. let's hook up and hit the water! My salt season is just gettin ready to kickoff.. (like it hasn't already) but in my mind, it starts the beginning of July. Bodega here we come! I'll PM ya with my number, gimme a holler sometime!

ZACK
06-11-2007, 04:47 PM
hey guys,

Hmm were to start? I got down there firday night and launched the boat. *I played bummper cars off a few poles and boats and lunker hunter was kind enouhg to help me get into those little slips. *After i got the boat tied up i went up and meet ivan and the rest of the crew in the parking lot. chickfish, ric1ric, ferley tim and okie. *We had a couple a beers and zack showed up. had a few more beers over at lztout boat which is a sweet ass ride. *Got up early thye next day and got set up fishing with zack , john , rich and sbf. *We had action nearly at all spots and i learned alot on that day. Sometimes its not about what u catch but what u bring back in experince that matters more. *Sbf and zack did pretty good job recap the events on saturday.

To bad u guys couldnt make it back on Sunday because we tore it up. I had 2 buddies come down from Sacramento and we got out on the water about 7 or so. *First drift we got 1 shaker hali that was maybe 1/8 of inch from legal if that . So we threw it back. caught 2 stripers on that drift about 7 pounds each. and maybe 5 sand sharks. we keep 1 stripper for cooking. *Reset up another drift and i got a shaker right of the start. *Then my buddy hooks one and says oh yeah this one has some weight. i get the net out and we got a 30 inch hali on board! Sweet we are all stoked. It slows down for about an hr and we start a new drift. its still pretty slow and my buddy takes a piss and gets a hit in process. its funny cause he didnt get his pants done up and started losing them in the fight. *Well i get the net out after about a 8 -10 minute fight and its a hali 34 incher. I almost went over when i netted it cause i didnt estimate how heavy it was so when i flipped the net up my feet slid out from under me. Was a good laugh for all. *At this point the wind starts blowing so we move to start a new drift in less wind. No takers so we head back into the wind by TI. *Soon as we start the drift bam i hook up and i can tell it has some weight. *28 inch hali in the boat. *its hiting around 1 and its blowing pretty good so we drift the same drift i picked up the stripper the day before. My buddy hooks up and says oh **** this one is heavy. we dont know what it is so we just play it for a few. 20 lb stripper netted, pics and released. Also it was tagged buy DFG so we cut the tag and will submit info as to catch location size and weight. *we got of the water yesterday at around 230 or so. i was completely exhausted after yesterday. *I was nice meeting ever1, donzi i need to hook up with u guys and fish some i cant believe your like less then a mile from my house.

Fish count for Sunday
3 legal butts 28, 30 , 34
3 shaker butts
3 strippers,7,7 and 20 pounds
approx 6 sand sharks but lost count. *

DANG Pete You Da Man!!!
I give you the bare bones of live bait fishing and on your next trip you score just as high as any captain on the bay!!! What can I say man you have graduated and your certificate should be arriving in 5 business days! ;D
(Not to steal any of your thunder but my other student Rattle Can didn't do so bad either).

Now all we need to do is get together and get you the proper set ups for this type of fishing. You my friend are a natural! ZACK!

PS. Did you buy a half scope on Sunday? If so how did they survive in that bait well of yours? What % of your bait was floating at the bottom at the end of the day? I think in my tank I loose around 10%?

PeteK
06-11-2007, 05:18 PM
we got more then a half scoop but not a full, 40 dollar worth actually. we used nearly all the bait we had. we had a few swings and misses along the way. We also stuck 2 more keepers but lost the hook sets approx 10-15 seconds into the fight. We had very little die off maybe a handful all day. I have since modified the tank with some holes for better flow. it got rough out there later in the day also.

Know_Excuses
06-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Mike I am begining to wonder what happened to the master Fester we all know and love. Not even a bong of beer.

LMAO , ya know its the fishing Team Pile Style, I fish harder and more in one day with team pile than I would in a 2 day fishing weekend by myself.We fished a little over 12 hours on saturday.Sorry to the guys I didnt meet but I was just dead tired.I have never caught a bat ray before and man oh man was it fun!!! Thanks again to fishkiller for putting us on them.We did the chinese fire drill at first with one quad, a couple of triples and a bunch of doubles.But after the first few we were working together like a pro team ;D ;D Good stuff.

Oh and yea...We found the bottom of Richeis cooler ;D ;D I was just as amazed as you ;D

As always great seeing my old freinds and meeting new ones.I meant to ask Zack to see his bait well, but was sooo tired I forgot.After reading so many of your posts for so long it was nice to finaly shake your hand Zack, we'll have to hook up and wet a line sometime.Nice to meet SBF as well and the others.Okie those meatballs were AWESOME!! Thanks to Freon for saving me with the antacids ;D ;D Its looking like I am gonna try to make it to bodega fest for saturday at least maybe sunday too....we'll see ;D
TTFN
KE

keciga1
06-11-2007, 07:14 PM
What can I say. It was a hell of a weekend. I had a great time with all the sniffers. It's the same story for me as everyone else as far as meeting everyone. Got there at 4:30am, waited for the bait reciever to over. Got bait at 5 and steamed over to TI. Started our drift and about 15min later Burt's got a fish on. Get it in the boat but it was a shaker. Put the fish overboard, baited up and back in the water. About 30min later BAM, Burt's got another fish on. Get it up to the boat, throw the net on it, everyone is excited, screaming. I wacked the butt a few times, and tell Burt to get the rope, but he had another idea. :-X We drifted arround there for a while and then decided to try behind Alcatraz to fish the 3 rocks for stripers. Bounced bottom for one drift without any bites or anything on the sonar so we steamed out the gate for some rockies. Drifted a rock in Bonita cove for about a 1/2 hr for 1 gopher and 1 blue. Went further north a bit and decided to turn arround and try for some more butts. Got back in the bay and moved arround a bit to try to find some fish without success so we ran back to TI. Drifted the NW side a bit for no action so I decided we should move to the east side. Got there and imidiately saw about 6ft of bait right off the bottom. Dropped our lines in and made a few drifts for nada. Since the Berk flats was the only spot we didn't hit we moved there and made a short drift and decided to head back in since almost all of the rest of our bait died and the wind was drifting us at about 6mph. Got back to the birth and I drove down to the ramp to check out the fish being weighed in for the derby. The winning fish was 28.5lb an nice hog. Hung arround there with Okie for a bit untill everyone from the derby started leaving. There were 3 guys cleaning fish that came out here for the first time ever. They had I belive 4 butts with the smallest one being arround 22lbs. Jay Lopes showed up with his customers and fish and I got to chit chat with him for a while untill he left. He had 5 butts and 1 striper for his customers. All the fish came on the troll. Bs'd at the parking lot untill about 6:30 till TEAM PILE came in. Greeted everyone and met FishKiller for the first time( I don't care what anyone saids about him he's a cool cat) TEAM PILE had two legal halibut and 1 striper with a bunch of shakers that were released. Me and Zack made a beer runa and his boy John started the Q. Got back and Bs'd some more, ate and everyone split at about 9 or so. Went over to LTZ out to make plans for Sunday with Burt and headed back home. Sunday we got bait at about 6:30 and headed out to the end of the pier to start our drift. We droped lines and drifted for about 15min untill I got a call from Jay that they were catching fish just outside the brake water for the marina, so I asked the guys to make a move. We all pulled our lines in and Burt goes to start the boat but the boat had other plans. At first we thought the battery was dead so he fires up the geni. Waited for a few minutes, tried to start it but nothing. We open up the hatch for the motor and hear a grinding sound. Dang the starter went out. Burt drops anchor and after calling out on the radio there were a few people that gave us a few tips (thanks Mike) to try to bypass the starter. Nothing worked so FernleyTim towed us back into the marina(thanks Tim). Burt pulled the boat out of the water and left and I ended up getting picked up by TattoFish. Trolled the flats for a couple of hours for one shaker and headed back in( thanks Joe I owe you bro). Came home and passed out till this morning. That's my story for this weekend and I'm sticking to it. It was great meeting everyone, PeteK, SOUTH BAY FISHER, Okie, and seeing the rest of the regular crew. This fest was a blast for me and since now I know all the details with the marina I know that next year will be even better. For everyone that didn't show up you guys missed out. Oh yeah BlueCrush, you still owe me a pie ;D and Beth I sorry I didn't get to eat the one you brought. I'm sure Burt will post the pictures that him and his crew took (my camera took a dump). Captain Jack it was nice talking to you on Sun. I was hoping you would make it out on Sat to meet you. We'll meet another day soon.

LTZOUT
06-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Man where to start......

This was the first trip to saltwater for the "Beast" :o. I would love to say that I had no problems but I'll get to that later :'(.

Got down there on Friday about 3:30 & was greated at the ramp by a bunch of sniffers. Ivan, ric1ric, chickfishing, fernley_tim & others. my slip was on the other side of the marina, we launched and found our berth. About 8:00pm I get a call to come open the gate because we have guest. Ivan brought over Zack, PeteK and the aboved cast of mis-fits ;). It was great to have you all over to the "Beast".

Well we had the pleasure of having Ivan join us for both days of fishing. What a nice guy. Ivan, you are welcome on the beast anytime!!! He show us his bay & how to fish it. We started out by Treasure Island & hooked my first "Butt" but it was a shorty, so back it went. On our 2nd drift I hooked my 2nd "Butt" (25") & it's a keeper, but not for long >:(. I put in on a stringer, much to Ivans dislike. Then I made the rookie mistake of the day. I bet I've told my sons a hundered times " Don't play with the fish on the stringer", but I did it anyway & when I lifted it the fish fell off & swim away :'(. The bay giveth, the rookie loseth!

Ivan took us over by the Golden Gate so we headed out the gate to do a little rockcod fishing for my cousin. He landed 2 small ones. Headed back in & over to the "Rockwall" for NADA. Sorry to ric1ric & chick, just before you guys got over there we decided to head back over to TI & finish the day out.

Now Sunday's trip.... Headed out about 6:45am to the "Berkeley Flats". We made 1 drift & Ivan gets a call to move to a new area so I climb up on the bridge & turn the key & .............. click-click. We set the anchor & try everything under the sun for 2 hours. CLICK - CLICK....... Had a bunch on guys on the radio trying to help but the starter was shot. One of my new best friends, Fernley_Tim, came to my aid & tow us in. What a great guy. Tim you have a weekend pass on the "Beast" this coming fall for stripers or sturgeon. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Ivan, Zack & all who helped GREAT JOB!!!!!

Just a side note..... I had, at least, 5 guys trying to help me with the boat on Sunday, which I'm thankfull for, over the radio but when I asked for a tow only Fernley_Tim answered my call. Now I don't expect to have guys to stop fishing to come to my aid but come on. Not one other offer. I take that back there was a friend of Ivan's out there near us, sorry I can't remember his name, offered to help but didn't think his boat could tow the "Beast" in. I'm not bashing sniffers, just the other 20 boats around us for 2 hours that knew we were having troubles in hopes that they read this. I know my boat problems are my problems but remember KARMA!! It could be you next time!! I have always tried to help out a fellow boater.

With that said, we hade a great time ;D. Sorry I didn't make it over to the potluck but we were really tired.

Donzi, sorry I missed man. What a rookie mistake with my first keeper "BUTT". I was sick, when I wasn't pissed!!

Burt

keciga1
06-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Come on burt, get them pictures up. We wanna see your butt ;D I had a blast with you guys. Seeing Billy play with the stingrays was a blast to me. The guy was like a little kid in a toy store. Sorry I couldn't put you guys on more fish but if I could pick when and what fish to bite the hook I would be a rich man. Glad you guys made it home safe and we'll have to do it all over again soon.

donzitroller
06-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Burt, sorry bout the boat bro. I've been towed in before as well. Thanks Bassassin! Fernley Tim is STAND UP. No doubt about that! Hell of a guy! Wish there were more like him in CA but there just aint. As for losing the fish, it happens. Key thing is, you won't do it again. Lesson learned. I've not lost a dino off a rope, but I've heard it happened on Fishkiller's boat before, against better advice so I'm told, and no, it wasn't him that did it. We'll hook up again man, no doubt bout that! Glad you made it back in safe and sound!

Tim, I almost forgot I was so beat up when we came in.. tell Kelly with an "I" that I said hi!

LTZOUT
06-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Ivan, you did a great job. I just got my laptop back tonight so I'll try to post them pics tonight. If not than tomorrow night.

keciga1
06-11-2007, 08:05 PM
No problem. Tim,Okie,Beth anytime you guys wanna come down here and fish let me know. The rest of you guys you know where to find me.

krzyfshrmn
06-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Had a blast fishing with you and Lisa saturday Freon. I was really hoping to see the two of you hook into the monster Butt, but I guess it was'nt meant to be. Definetly can't complain about all the shaker action though...they kept us pretty busy. We'll have to do it again one of these weekends.
Sorry I did'nt make it down for the festing guys. Would have been nice to meet a few new faces. Ended up helping out Jay on the RightHook sunday, so had to go home and rest up.....

keciga1
06-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Krzy, it was nice seeing you again on Sun allthough it was just for a few seconds. We'll have to hook up sometime soon. Surrprised Pop didn't make it out.

FishnRN
06-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Nothing to say as far as fishing reports from the fest, because, well- I missed another one! :( *Sounds like a great time had by all!! *I spent weekend doing the usual honeydo's and I also competed in a mountain bike/run race called the "Muddy Buddy" in San Jose on Sunday- it was a great time, they even had a beer garden- afterwards ALL YOU CAN DRINK!! :D
Hopefully I'll make the Bodega fest and see ya'll out there!!

-Ben

cptfishalot
06-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Yes....indeed......
Sounds like great fun again, but again I was stuck in the office all weekend doing business....
I will continue the plight as I have three days off during the week and PLEASE someone get some photos up.....
Glad to hear everyone had a GREAT SAFE TIME......

keciga1
06-12-2007, 07:16 AM
My plan for the fest was to take as many photos as possible but my camera took a dump.

CHICKFISHING58
06-12-2007, 10:22 AM
HI Guyís,
All I can say is WOW what a trip I stayed Thursday night with Rick and Hilda and then Rick and I headed out to the bay I have no clue how you guys can drive in that traffic what a zoo. We *met up with Fishkiller *Pete it was so good to see you again he changed out my prop for me but I couldnít fine the key to get my transom saver off but Rick knew how to get it off with out it thank god but I did fine it later thanks again for changing it out for me.

Like Rick said we went for a little ride on the water poor Lexie was holding on for dear life I told Rick that he would have to drive the boat it looked to much like the ocean to me waves everywhere I do have to admit I love my boat she handled the water great.
Rick showed me some stuff on the water with my boat so maybe next time Iíll try taking her out well maybe not still a little scary when the waves start splashing all around ever time I got up I held on to something.
THIS WAS TAKEN FRIDAY
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6070001_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6070002_450x337.jpg

We decide not to stay out so we headed over to the berth oh my god there would have been no way I could of put my boat in it with out taking out have the dock area Rick you did a great job. We hooked up with fellow sniffers met a few new ones even seen some with out stars whatís up with that. Ivan came aboard my boat and was showing us how to rig up thanks for everything Ivan youíre the man and for being who you are.

Friday night was a little blurry for me I didnít eat dinner so I got pretty toasted with the Tuaca I do remember going to Ltzoutís boat but after that itís pretty much erased. I do remember waking up in the bathroom with Lexie not for sure what time that was so I crawled back to my truck and ended up sleeping in my front seat.

Zack called me Sat morning but I couldnít fine my phone then Rick comes knocking on the door I un lock the door and said I need the potty key so he gives it to me and I said I will be right back Iím almost sure I told him the key was in the truck. I come back out and Rick is standing around talking and I go to UN lock the door and it was lock.

Iím thinking to myself this is not happing I have a terrible hang over Lexie is locked in the truck and Iím holding up everyone. THANK GOD FOR PETER and his AAA card I need to get one of those I tried to pay him some money but he wouldnít take it so Ric1 gave him a set of stars for his boat thanks Rick.

The water was a little nicer going out Sat morning donít ask me where we fished because it all looked the same to me. Rick caught a couple of shakers then we picked up and went to where Ivan was at they leave and Rick picks up another one. We kept hearing Freon saying how much fish he was catching and then Tattofish called Rick and told him how many sharks they were catching and he was putting lunch on so we picked up and headed over there.

Itís a lot of work putting the anchor out having to pick it back up and re set it and tying off to someone is even scarier. The tied was changing so we UN tied from his boat it was so wired we were still at the same spot but we had turned complete around. Rick and little Mike kept getting there lines tangle up I believe all 4 of the guys were catching the same fish at one time.

Rick caught 2 small rayís I caught my first shark a small one but I was happy because I finally caught something at one of the fest. Rick kept trying to get me to bring in his pole but I wanted to catch my own fish on my own rod.

Iím watching Rickís pole and all of a sudden down it goes I yell Rick your pole well once again Rick and little Mike was tangled up once they got untangled Rick said I still have the fish on and itís a big one. He was trying to get me to real it in for him and I said no itís your fish after about 10 min he said here I want you to feel how it fights so I said ok.

I finally now know what it feels like to bring a big fish that likes to fight in I would get it close to the boat and he would take off running after about 20 min of doing this I told Rick to poor water over my head I was sweating like a stuff pig and then he pored water down my throat. Rick was telling me how to real down and to move around the boat and take control of the fish I almost went over board 3 different times.

I tried to bring the fish in but after another 10 min I told him here you take it back I was getting a tummy pains and no I didnít have to go to the bathroom. My heart was beating so bad I thought I was going to have a heart attack so Rick takes over and I put my head over the boat I almost thought I was going to chuck up the Tuaca but I didnít so heís still fighting the fish and he says can you net it. I told him no I canít even move so Iím watching him as heís trying to reel it in and get it close enough to the boat so he can net it.

I said to myself Rick has always step up and helped me out when ever I needed it so I can do this for him. I donít know how I picked myself up off the chair because my legs were not working but I did manage to get up and he said here you reel it in and I will net it I told him no way Iíll net him. He was able to get it close enough so I could reach it.

I just held it on the back of the boat and said now what are you going to do. When he brought it in the boat I guess the stinger went right in to his leather shoe because I herd this you son of a B****. I said what happen and he told me I thought oh my god but I was glad it was him and not me.

He finally got it back over board and then he checked his foot and sure enough it went right through his shoe and he was bleeding then I hear Joe say how bad is it he says well I can still feel my foot but it hurts. Iím thinking to myself ok this could have been worse and I would have had to drive the boat back.

Thank god Rick got a call from Donzi that they needed a jump start because I really didnít want to fish anymore I was afraid of catching another ray. So we pick up and head over to where they were at tied up to there boat god that scares the crap out of me the waves were coming from all around us. They had to take my battery out of my boat so they could jump thereís.

When they were done Killer tells Mike un tie us and Iím think what are you nuts my battery isnít hooked up yet they say trust us youíll be ok. Well we were so we headed back to the berth and we had to give Fernley Timís boat a jump.

We hooked up with everyone for the pot luck and then I took a hot shower and went to bed. On Sunday I felt so much better we headed out what a beautiful morning headed over to where Freon was fishing the day before and I caught my first shaker.

Then Joe calls us and tells us to come over to where they were fishing we get over there and they leave. Hey Rick it makes you wonder why they all leave when we show up.
Rumor had it that the radio was keyed down and they herd us hit something but then again that could have just been a rumor.

I tried to get Rick a fish but nothing we had to head out so he says do you want to drive it back in and I looked at the water and said sure then you can take over at the dock and he said no you can dock it. Itís a lot of work cleaning the boat Rick I could of never of done it with out you thank you so much my friend for everything that you did I could of never of done it with out you. October Fest at Pyramid Iíll do all the work I promise.

When we got back to Sac area my daughter from Wash was in so we meet her at hooters for a few minutes and then I took Rick home. I had just passed the first rest stop and this guy in a truck sticks his head out the window and said I had a rope hanging so I pull over and it was no rope it was my transom saver it broke thank god the tie down was still holding it together. I had to work Sunday got to work at 9pm and left at 1am still trying to recover from that fish. Again it was nice seeing everyone again I look forward to Bodega. We didnt use the trolling motor still having a hard time getting it to start :'(
Here are some pictures
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/P6080003_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/P6080008_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/P6080005_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/P6080006_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6080009_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6080011_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6080012_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/P6080013_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/P6080014_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/P6080015_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6080019_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6090021_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6090022_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6090023_450x337.jpg
The big hook up
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6090028_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6090029_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/504/P6090032_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/504/P6090033_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6100038_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6100037_450x337.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/515/P6100036_450x337.jpg
[img]

LTZOUT
06-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Here are some pics.

The city by the Bay
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/504/medium/Fishing_in_the_Bay_002.jpg

Pete & Billy having fun
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/504/thumbs/Fishing_in_the_Bay_001.jpg

My 1st "BUTT"
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/504/thumbs/Fishing_in_the_Bay_003.jpg

LTZOUT
06-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Let me try those last 2 pics again.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/504/medium/Fishing_in_the_Bay_001.jpg

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/504/medium/Fishing_in_the_Bay_003.jpg

fernley_tim
06-12-2007, 07:09 PM
nice pics chick and burt ;) beth thanks again for letting me jump my boat sat after my live well killed my bats :'( well a day and a half and im at hell hole fest 8-) looking foward to next year 8-)

Kneedeep
06-12-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm so glad Everone had a great time and looked out for each other as usual.

Great pictures, thank's for sharing.

Beth, You kill me, I am now blind from reading the longest post ever, but I enjoyed ever line. ;D ;D ;D

Ivan, Good Job on getting this organized. Hope to see you soon Bud.

Zack, way to step up and help out with all your knowledge. I completely agree with you on your post about sharing what you know with others
or fish alone with nothing but dead fish and a big ego. :)

ric1ric and fernly_tim See you at Hellstock

Bert congrats on your 1st halibut, sorry to hear about the need for a tow in, but glad to hear everything worked out ok.

Kneedeep

keciga1
06-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Nice butt burt ;D See if Billy can send you the pics of the rays and my skate.

LTZOUT
06-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I called Pete tonight & asked him to e-mail me the pics. So as soon as I get them I will post em.

ZACK
06-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Mike I am begining to wonder what happened to the master Fester we all know and love. Not even a bong of beer.

LMAO , ya know its the fishing Team Pile Style, I fish harder and more in one day with team pile than I would in a 2 day fishing weekend by myself.We fished a little over 12 hours on saturday.Sorry to the guys I didnt meet but I was just dead tired.I have never caught a bat ray before and man oh man was it fun!!! Thanks again to fishkiller for putting us on them.We did the chinese fire drill at first with one quad, a couple of triples and a bunch of doubles.But after the first few we were working together like a pro team ;D ;D Good stuff.

Oh and yea...We found the bottom of Richeis cooler ;D ;D I was just as amazed as you ;D

As always great seeing my old freinds and meeting new ones.I meant to ask Zack to see his bait well, but was sooo tired I forgot.After reading so many of your posts for so long it was nice to finaly shake your hand Zack, we'll have to hook up and wet a line sometime.Nice to meet SBF as well and the others.Okie those meatballs were AWESOME!! Thanks to Freon for saving me with the antacids ;D ;D Its looking like I am gonna try to make it to bodega fest for saturday at least maybe sunday too....we'll see ;D
TTFN
KE

Great meeting you too Know_Excuses!
Hit me up if you ever want to get out. Also, here are a few pic's of our excursion. ZACK!

PeterK & myself with his first starter butt.
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/1234/buttfest001cp7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SouthBayFisher with one as well.
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1540/buttfest002vu3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

PeterK ends the day with this nice schooly
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/199/buttfest053gv2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

fishing brian
06-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Nice pics Beth. Sorry to hear you got sick. Sounds like it was a tough trip for you. My first couple salt trips were a little rough too. Alot of work and the stress of learning about all the tricks wears a person down. Trying to fish while bouncing all around then fighting the bigger fish makes for one hell of a workout. Then the big clean up. :o

It seems to get a little easier each time but I still come home worn out. Feels like a hang over every time. I couldn't do it every day thats for sure. -LUNKER-

LTZOUT
06-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Ivan, I still don't have the pics from Billy but thought I would post a pic of one landed in Costa Rica. I fought this guy for 28.5 minutes.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/597/medium/Costa_Rica_Zip_Lines_070.jpg

Burt

PS: The squid didn't make it. Pew that smelled bad.

keciga1
06-18-2007, 01:02 PM
WTH is that thing. No worries about the squid. When ever you get the pics from Billy just send them to me. Did you find out about the boat.

LTZOUT
06-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Yea, the starter took a doo doo. The "Beast" is up & running.

It's a black iguana that was on the steps to our room in Costa Rica.

keciga1
06-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Glad to hear you got the beast fixed. That thing has a huge tail.