PDA

View Full Version : New property = nice buck

smithstation
08-29-2011, 09:03 AM
I got access to a new (but small) piece of property to hunt. A friend of mine said they are remodeling their rental in the hills and it was vacant. If I wanted to hunt it I could. It was only 6 acres and I didnt expect much. I rolled up there Sunday morning with my buddy Dan. As we pulled around the house we see horns in the brush. Dan had his bow and mine was in the back of the truck. We jumped out and the 3 bucks stood up at 25 yards. Dan was at full draw waiting for me to get my bow and shoot. Well the last 2 years Dan has always shot second and settled with a smaller buck. He was due so I told him to shoot. I would rather have one good buck for sure than maybe get two. We have lots of season left. Well the small fork bounced away and the big boy started to go as well. He was quartering away hard and Dan hit him in the last rib. The buck jumped and took two steps and fell over dead. There was a 2x3 about 20 inches that stayed and watched but I thought one more season and he will be an awesome buck, I let him walk. We got Dans buck and were in awe at what mass he had and how wide he was. He taped out at 24 wide. Heres a pic.

GUSANO
08-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Great work! I'm glad you guys got him before he took off. That's cool you let your boy take the shot at the big buck. Hopefully you'll get your buck by seasons end. What zone was this?
~

smithstation
08-29-2011, 02:02 PM
It was D6.

bretmoua
08-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Congrats out there and a very nice looking buck.

Duckmanhoov
08-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Nice looking buck, need to get out with the kid.
:areportmq5:

trout wrangler
09-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Nice job once again you guys sure do a great job getting big bucks. Love those big ones in velvet, great job thanks for the report and pics:jamesbond6qt:

Big-D and the Dog
10-05-2011, 06:48 AM
Wow, thats a great Buck.............................................. .................................................. ................

Big-D and the Dog