PDA

View Full Version : Lake Alpine 8/27

linesiding_101
08-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Went up to Angels Camp for a time share stay and decided to stop by Lake Alpine early in the morning since the room wasn't ready until 3pm.

Arrived at 6:45 am first line in at 7.

After the first line went in all hell broke loose. Fish after fish and an easy limit for the 5 of us. Fishing two rods was quite a hassle as the bites came pretty quick. Probably no more than an hour of fishing for us. After that we iced up the fish and spent the rest of the time just swimming and hiking until our room was ready.

Bait of choice: Powerbait in Rainbow and pink
Power eggs in chartreuse or pink

Method: Carolina rig with a 2-3ft leader and a size 4-6 Owner Mosquito hook

Tip: Be observant of the water and fish where the fish are breaking surface.

saxman1
08-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks Linesiding for the info .... I'm heading that way this thurs. what area were you fishing? also, any size? congrats on the catch.... Sax

linesiding_101
08-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks Linesiding for the info .... I'm heading that way this thurs. what area were you fishing? also, any size? congrats on the catch.... Sax

There weren't much size to them. Your typical 12-15 inch stocked fish. They all looked real good as all their tail and fins were in tack and nicely shaped. We were fishing in the picnic area.

Get there early to avoid the swimming crowd. Once the crowd is there look for areas without swimmers.

saxman1
08-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks again, I'll have my boat, so we can avoid the swimmers .... really looking forward to the trip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!