PDA

View Full Version : California City

Starcraft27
08-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Anybody have recent reports? I'm headed out this Friday. My first time targeting salmon in this area. I"m guessing I will use the rigs and troll with FBR's and Apex in less I hear differently.....Let you know the report. I'm hoping to get a first Salmon this year, hit bodega a while back but only shakers.

Starcraft27
09-01-2011, 05:43 PM
bump....any advice on the right rig? I was thinking of using live bait, since I"m launching out of Berkeley. If I do I was going to have a pretty basic rig with just the live bait on a hook and use the downriggers to get to the appropriate depth. Anybody have experience with this and or should I just stick to trolling?

Ihavegills
09-08-2011, 08:59 PM
I would troll, or mouch. I have read about these techniques more frequently. A few years back I saw 1 gentleman catch a salmon under a bobber using a whole frozen chovie from shore. I am going to try asap drifting frozen chovies 20/40 pulls deep. If nothing after a few hours ill troll a dodger with a bait. I believe when these fish are moving through, they are really moving fast, and dont deviate from there missions too far. I feel if you drift, the fish will swim up to the bait naturally on its route. However, if you troll you are requiring the fish to chase the bait, thus altering its mission. Im probably not correct, but at least I like to think i am.

tomswift
09-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Could anyone please tell me where Cal. City is in the bay.I usually put out of Berkley for Hallies and never knew you could fish for salmon in the bay.Still a Newbe to the area.Any info would be greatly appreciated.:confused2:

Fishbucket
09-24-2011, 07:29 PM
California City is due north of Angel Is. about halfway to the Richmond bridge. from a strait line east from Paradise Cay. \

hope that helps.

Captim
09-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Fished a tide at Cal City Fri Sept 23, 2011, one scratched bait then about a 10 lb salmon (fat football) hooked up, ran at the boat, jumped twice and tossed the hook. Beautiful weather, had great time for first time at Cal City, gonna try next week, maybe Tues. Anybody have any tips for fishing there?

tomswift
10-01-2011, 02:09 PM
California City is due north of Angel Is. about halfway to the Richmond bridge. from a strait line east from Paradise Cay. \

hope that helps. Thanks for the info.Haven't been on all week due to work.I will plot it in on my GPS. Possibley will try on Monday. Thanks again for the info.