PDA

View Full Version : Bessed Sunday 3 bucks down

smithstation
09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Took 3 hunters up Sunday and we brought home 3 bucks. Nothing special but the smallest fork was killed by a 16 year old girl who double lunged the fork while walking to her blind. She walked to 21 yards and knocked an arrow. As she pulled back the buck stood up and stood broadside. She settled the pen and let go. Pass through and the buck never took a step, just hunched up and stood there for 2-3 minutes. THe buck walked about 10 yards and bedded under another tree and within 30 seconds did the ol' head bob and was dead. Very happy dad watched the whole thing and they couldnt thank me enough. I was just happy to watch the incident unfold. We gut the deer and drag it back to the truck. The last hour of light in now upon us. Next hunter is standing outside his blind and I point another fork making his way in with a few does. We didnt take time to get in the blind but just slid around behind it. Range is now 22 yards and he pops up and lets the arrow fly. Looks like a good shot(maybe a bit low). Watch him run about 45 yards and he falls over. While walking with hunter #2 to his buck my 3rd guy is about 70 yards away and I see him wave, thought he saw the buck get shot. I see his hands in the air and walk to him. He stuck a nice 3 pointer but was quartering away, total liver shot but he did manage to get one lung as well. Give him a while and then go after him. He didnt make 70 yards and bedded under a oak tree and fell asleep for the last time. it was a true 3 pointer with just a nub on the other side. We had seen this buck last year and he was way bigger..... Not sure what happened but he never grew larger than a nub on the one side. Was glad to get him out of the gene pool. By the time everything is drug to the truck and loaded its a bit dark. No camera in the field...woops...

bretmoua
09-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Wow! Congrats to the three of you on a successful hunt. That's a lot of meat.

Duckmanhoov
09-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Sounds like a great hunt, way to go.

outdoordude
09-13-2011, 08:58 AM
great day smith nice to hear about the 16yr old they'll never forget that one. congrads.

Big-D and the Dog
10-05-2011, 06:44 AM
What a great day when you can do it with your kids.............................................. ...........................:thumbup:

Big-D and the Dog