PDA

View Full Version : Bay Flattys Thursday

CPTN_JACK
06-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Splashed the boat at dark thirty,, just at about slack tide,, water very kleen as we left the Bazerkley breakewater!! *droped the gear right away and worked the entire lenth of the pier on the start of the outgo!! *no signs of life water more stained on the outside ,, tryed the edge of the chanle for a bit no luck,, Headed back inside to the kleen water more north of the pier *found a little bait and a good scumline,, stayed on the edge of the scum and weeds and they started to snap,, Two hard brive bys,, then a scrapy 21",, got sratched a couple more times,, then another 21"Rag,, Had a good one *that came off !! then that was it,, no more bites,, WX was greasy flat all morning,, not a breath of wind,, no overcast,, t-shirts by 7am,, then at 11:30 the wind came up hard and fast as we started workin the south side of the pier,, made one pass out there for nada!! *Ghost town on the bay,, 3 other boats there all mornin!! one of our guys got a 911 from home so we cut the trip short and blew home!! *No keepers ,,very very slow ,, one fisherman at the dock said one keeper at Angel on livleys!! *As allways enjoyed the day ,, I got to deck on my buddys 23 pro line,, nice rig!! *4 sticks on board!! Trolling bait and hoochies!!*best of luck on the BUTT FEST!!! *see ya out there!! *CJ [smiley=captjack.gif]

CPTN_JACK
06-08-2007, 07:30 AM
Just a follow up on my report that might help out for tomarrow!! Fisherman on the pier had a sready bite after we bailed between 11am and 3 usin chovies,, caught five keepers!! GO FIGURE!! [smiley=captjack.gif]

keciga1
06-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the detailed report CJ. We'll all be hittin the water tomorrow. Lunker hunter is out there now and said that the pier is a ghost town. He's been on the water for a couple of hours now with no bites, scratches or nada. No radio fish in the Berk flats either.

SturgeonVirgin
06-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Stopped by the pier on the way home last night, talked with a couple people who said that around 2 p.m. prety decent bite, lot of shakers. some keepers. Wind was howling at 4 p.m..

cptfishalot
06-08-2007, 10:29 AM
I trolled yesterday all day from the Bflats, OP, Ala Rk Wall and Emeryville Flats for one Jack Smelt....(My Gawd)......

Cptn Jack I saw you guys when I picked up and went to OP you guys were on the SS of the pier....

I had Gillsnatcha with me on the board as he had a fuel filter issue on his vessel.....

That was a PW trolling adventure for me. Well I have 3 days next week and I'm gonna get my Halibut

Good luck to all at the BUTT FEST wish I could be there, please send updates as I will be stuck in the office all weekend "keepin America rollin"

CPTN_JACK
06-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Hey *Capt fishalot,,, *thanks for the come back,, ya not so good yesterday for us either!!Stick and stay make it pay!! * [smiley=captjack.gif] Good luck next week,, Lots of incoming to fish,, keep in touch,, I deck hand for lunch!! CJ

cptfishalot
06-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah, that was a weird day..I've never had a day like that trolling and I put in "HELL-LA"miles........and I hope NOT to have one again...(smile)