PDA

View Full Version : Is it still safe to smoke?...

O.mykiss hunter
09-27-2011, 05:40 AM
So I caught a salmon about a week ago and brined it in a dry rub to prepare for smoking. After a day, I took the fillets out and dried them, then I put them in a tupperware container and placed them back in the fridge. Only problem was I didn't have a smoker at the time. Just got one today, but the fish has been sitting in the fridge for the last five days or so. My question is would they still be safe to eat if I smoke them? Or should I just toss them out?

Fishbucket
09-27-2011, 05:58 AM
If they have been cold the whole time, I dont see why you cant eat them. They sit in the store alot longer then that sometimes, albiet in a refer... I think you have more trouble with the salt content then getting the squirts.

Delta_Rose
09-27-2011, 11:18 AM
I think you have more trouble with the salt content then getting the squirts.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: you always have a way with words.....

O.mykiss hunter
09-27-2011, 01:33 PM
If they have been cold the whole time, I dont see why you cant eat them. They sit in the store alot longer then that sometimes, albiet in a refer... I think you have more trouble with the salt content then getting the squirts.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm just gonna try it and see what happens, otherwise I'll be prepared to take a day off just to sit on the toilet all day.

Fishbucket
09-27-2011, 07:37 PM
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hey Andrew :hellohello9il:

I'll be prepared to take a day off just to sit on the toilet all day.

Dont forget your Fishsniffer subscription !

Jetspray
10-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Never smoked one, how do you pack it and light it?:mind-blowing::signs165xk::bbq1::minzdrav0mo:.........Je tspray