PDA

View Full Version : Current reports from Jackson Meadows-Prosser, etc??

ampm
09-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Hey guys, any current reports from these high country lakes like Jackson Meadows, Stampede, Prosser, Boca, etc? Thinking of taking the kids up there this weekend, I know the weather might be iffy...probably be banking it. I think Prosser is usually drawn down by now, right...?
Any tips are appreciated. Cheers!

tbruski
09-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Going to Boca tomorrow. Also looking for any info. Will report Sunday afternoon.
Bruski

MxFisher472
09-30-2011, 03:55 PM
My dad and I fished Jackson meadows last weekend. We did ALOT of catching n releasing on dodgers/worms. Talked too a couple bankers near the boat launch and they had good action from boat launch to Dam. We didn't find any big browns this trip... But that's cuz dad likes catching lots of fish, not a couple BIG fish. Good luck where ever you decide.

JTroutMan
10-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Hey guys, any current reports from these high country lakes like Jackson Meadows, Stampede, Prosser, Boca, etc? Thinking of taking the kids up there this weekend, I know the weather might be iffy...probably be banking it. I think Prosser is usually drawn down by now, right...?
Any tips are appreciated. Cheers!

When I bring my little ones, I find Prosser is usually a wise choice with easy bank action, minimal snags and they usually hit worms and power bait off shore. Lots of easy access spots and I prefer about 50-100 yards to right of boat launch....enjoy

Fishbucket
10-01-2011, 09:10 AM
a little late on posting for Boca,

this is from last Wed.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/theotherbigjoe/FishSnifferpixs/Kayak Fishing/Boca006.jpg

Lots of small fish jumping all over the lake, none caught toplining... or at all for that matter.

Noyopacific
10-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I just returned from fishing Lake Davis. Fished 9/26-29. Most of our group (of 10) limited daily. Rainbows to 19", average size kept was 15". Most were caught trolling a copper/red "Dick Nite" spoons with leadcore at 2 colors with 80' of 6# leader. They have the lures at the store on Lake Davis Road near the Dam. We had one guy in our group fly-fishing and he seemed to do about the same as the rest of us.
I trolled from a kayak near Lightning Tree Point and Long Point and also between the Mallard Cove and the dam. Most fishing was done along the channel near the east side of the lake.