PDA

View Full Version : Lake Amador

B-RAN
10-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Mine as well break the ice! ..Should be coming up soon fellas! Trout derby starts Thanksgiving :)

MarkdaShark19
10-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Mine as well break the ice! ..Should be coming up soon fellas! Trout derby starts Thanksgiving :)

Hopefully this year the snaggers wont win the derby. Ridiculous.

B-RAN
10-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Amen!! That prize should have been mine.. I don't think the Lake cares, they just want their money I guess

FISHNJIM
10-10-2011, 08:16 PM
When are they gonna start putting the cut bows in?

Captain Compassion
10-10-2011, 09:49 PM
What is a snagger?

Auralee a snagger is someone who catches fish by using large hooks or lures to catch fish in places other than the mouth. This is illegal to catch trout this way.

CC

flytier
10-12-2011, 06:00 AM
When are they gonna start putting the cut bows in?

Some of us have been asking that question for 3 years now - but most of us have just given up.

Jfitalia
10-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Some of us have been asking that question for 3 years now - but most of us have just given up.

oh man here we go with this usual complaining.... Last year was a very good year. Sorry if you didnt catch any fish

thelastword
10-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Amador plant count has been reduced to half of what they use to plant. You just have to work harder for your limits these days.

Jfitalia
10-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Amador plant count has been reduced to half of what they use to plant. You just have to work harder for your limits these days..

Yep now its actually fishing instead of just catching. I had a blast last year at the lake. Big fish all around and late in the season the fishing was really good

EarlyFish
10-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Early January was my first time to Amador, and i manage to catch big ones! So, I hope that didn't spoil me for this coming season.

shadbuster
10-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Going to try Amador for the first time this year, hopefully I can hook up into some of those big bows, good luck everyone!

Chrome Seeker
10-12-2011, 01:40 PM
I can't wait for Amador. We we're slayin them in May and June to 8lbs. I hope it continues this Fall/Winter

thelastword
10-12-2011, 01:47 PM
I can't wait for Amador. We we're slayin them in May and June to 8lbs. I hope it continues this Fall/Winter

Fall and Winter bite was slow last year, wait till you start seeing pics or you'll be donating:moneybag1:lol!

Chrome Seeker
10-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Fall and Winter bite was slow last year, wait till you start seeing pics or you'll be donating:moneybag1:lol!

Yea, I don't even want to know how much money we have spent there. :eek2:

thelastword
10-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Amador started trout plants today with 5K lbs. Tip:Plenty of fish near left corner of dam.

Jfitalia
10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
they actually started yesterday, i was just trying to keep it a secret for a little while longer

thelastword
10-12-2011, 03:36 PM
they actually started yesterday, i was just trying to keep it a secret for a little while longer

Words out, let the combat fishing begin!:fencing:

fusionstar916
10-13-2011, 11:06 AM

Actually they started Monday, Tuesday was the 2nd stock.

News travels fast.

Megadeath
10-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Amen!! That prize should have been mine.. I don't think the Lake cares, they just want their money I guess

They do like money. It more money to fish there than pardee or camanche and caught lots more fish.

Jfitalia
10-13-2011, 04:28 PM
They do like money. It more money to fish there than pardee or camanche and caught lots more fish.

yeah well the fish are a lot smaller and dont fight as hard from those lakes.

B-RAN
10-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Amador started trout plants today with 5K lbs. Tip:Plenty of fish near left corner of dam. Yup, I was just there on tuesday when they put them in.. Their all pretty little, well compared to the fish were used to catching. You might get lucky and see a 4lbr.

Jfitalia
10-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Yup, I was just there on tuesday when they put them in.. Their all pretty little, well compared to the fish were used to catching. You might get lucky and see a 4lbr.

yeah I'm thinking they're gonna wait a bit and put the bigger ones in when the water cools down a bit

MontanaN8V
10-17-2011, 02:01 PM
I think people forget, to grow fish that big takes a little time. It is not like they were just eggs last year. I think the price is fair, to have the chance to hook up with some fish over 2#. Most places in the country, you get pan sized 12"ers all day long when you are talking about fish plants. California does not sustain spawning of trout in big enough quantities to produce fish for everyone. I think fish tank fish are good to smoke, but that is about it in my opinion. I was spoiled with native fish, and some biggins at that. I fish Amador, and usually catch at least one. Where else can you go, seriously now, and go fishing, knowing that there are nice fish around, the lake is beautiful, there is little crime, and have a great time, this close to Stockton?

B-RAN
10-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Can't argue with that! If I knew how to smoke fish, then I would start keeping them LOL .. I want to hit up Amador alot this year, I did really good last year. Paying that much money was well worth it.. In the end I caught 9 tagged fish and got picked for top prize but wasnt there :( .. I was in L.A. helping my sick grandpa.. I'll be at it again!! Revennngge!!:kahuna38kk: