PDA

View Full Version : Quarry lakes?

j0shc40
10-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey guys,
Haven't been to quarry in the last couple of weeks and i wanted to know if anyone had any recent reports. Seems like i haven't heard very much from any bay area lake as a matter of fact.. Hopefully the bite started picking up since the weather started cooling down around here any info would be appreciated!

CRABBY
10-20-2011, 05:06 AM
Hey guys,
Haven't been to quarry in the last couple of weeks and i wanted to know if anyone had any recent reports. Seems like i haven't heard very much from any bay area lake as a matter of fact.. Hopefully the bite started picking up since the weather started cooling down around here any info would be appreciated!

Last thread with any replies,a few others with skunk reports>>>>>>http://www.fishsniffer.com/trout-board/92623-quarry-lakes.html........Don

BassFighter
10-20-2011, 03:51 PM
I went fishing at Quarry lakes yesterday (10/19/2011) from 6am-4pm. We first started fishing by the boat loading part of the lake and my friend caught a 2lb rainbow trout on yellow corn powerbait around 6:45am. After about 9am we moved to fisherman's row and there were 2-3 people with at least 1 or 2 rainbows, one guy had caught 3. Pass the deer fence, there was one guy who caught a trout around 11am. At noon, we moved to the section of the lake pass the deer fence and I caught a nice 1.5 lbs trout around 2pm (yes, 2pm... hard too believe it myself). Another guy on the tip of the peninsula where there is a table, caught 3 good sized trout. As my friend and I walked back to the parking lot around 3:45pm we saw another guy on fisherman's row who had just caught a nice sized trout about 2-3 lbs. I have been fishing at Quarry at least 1/week since the beginning of September and haven't seen this many trout being caught since yesterday!

Trout fishing is starting to heat up at Quarry; they seem to be biting on rainbow colored powerbait, and plain corn yellow powerbait on a #18 treble hook. My friend and I caught our trout with plain corn yellow. They have planted many, many, many lbs of trout about 3-4 Mondays in a row already and will be planting more this week if they haven't already done so.

j0shc40
10-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the update bassfighter! Been going there on a weekly basis myself since the summer and i gotta we only caught one trout since they started planting... Good to hear some people catching fish will be there either tomorrow or saturday! Look for the guy in the black raiders hat if you guys plan on being there fish on!

hanahou7
10-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Are you allowed to use lead weights here? I heard that you can't fish with lead weights, but wanted to confirm this.

youngling
10-21-2011, 12:39 PM
No lead weights allowed in Quarry. You can however trade-in your lead weights for some steel weights at the kiosk for free.
Also I fished this morning with the skunk but I did see some peeps catching a few on either side of the swim beach.
FISH ON!

hanahou7
10-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks! I got out there Saturday morning. Had 2 hits, but no hook ups :( bad luck; my line got tangled when I got my second (and hardest) hit.

People were catching though. Saw two guys limit out. Fish fought hard. In total, I think I saw about 14 trout pulled out and 1 cat.

skunkfordays
10-26-2011, 08:34 AM
i might hit up quarry some time next week! thanks for the reports :)

BassFighter
10-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Went fishing on the Peninsula at Quarry today.... While I didn't catch any legal sized trout; I caught a good sized small mouth bass weighing at least 1-2 pounds (the biggest one I have caught since I started to learn how to fish for bass 3 months ago); caught and released that bass and 5 other small mouth bass today. There were about 3 people accross the lake from me who caught at least 1 Trout each. The trout ARE biting, I guess I just couldn't catch'em today.

BassFighter
11-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Went fishing at Quarry today from 6:45am-2:30pm. Didn't catch a single trout.... again. But I did see one person catch one trout a little past fisherman's row and pass the deer fence. On the bright side though I caught and released a legal sized small mouth bass today.