PDA

View Full Version : Buoy33 report, butts at Berkeley

Hot_Rod
05-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Had a great day on the water today trolling for Halibut with CUHOGN, his brother in-law Lonnie and son Robert. We caught a total of 12 butts today with 4 being legal. Dodgers with anchovies seemed to be the big winner today in about 10 to 15ft of water. *
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/hALIBUT052607.jpg

For those of you that don't know, Rediset rod holders also work great for trolling. Here's a picture of my rig. They work great because of the easy access to rod when your hooked-up and they also track real nice while trolling.
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/tROLLING_HALIBUT_BACK.jpg

keciga1
05-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the report Ron. Hope to see you at the butt fest in two weeks. What area did you guys fish?

n2trout
05-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Nice report and pics :)
I haven't done any butt fishing yet. I need to get out there and get in the game. May have to stick a thumb out on the hitchhiker board. ;)

tattooed_angler
05-26-2007, 07:33 PM
nice job hope to get in to them tomorow !!

freon
05-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Buoy 33, it was good to see you, Cuhogn and his clan out there today , we only ended up with two shakers, but it was a fun day on the water, it was good to see Tyeroflies and his buddy as well :D

Cuhogn and Buoy, thanks again for all the advice, you guys rock :D

Zack, thanks for the call, when I got it off of the voice mail, I tried to return the favor, but I dont have your number and it didnt show up on my phone or I would have returned the favor, sounds like you did better than Lisa and I did.

tyeroflies
05-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Had a short day on the water 7am-12pm but was thankful to be able to get out and try the new electronics. *Managed to farm one at the boat (I think it was undersized anyway *::)) and kept a 27"er. *Good chatting with Buoy33, Cuhogn and Freon. *Glad everyone got some action and looking forward to hitting it again next weekend.

Tyer

Hot_Rod
05-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the report Ron. Hope to see you at the butt fest in two weeks. What area did you guys fish?

Keciga sorry I am so late in responding, the best bite on Saturday for us was on the south side of Berkeley pier. Today we did OK down at Oyster