PDA

View Full Version : Tehama Buck Down!!!!!!!!!

Cal.Kellogg
10-31-2011, 08:02 AM
I was lucky enough to draw a late season tag in Tehama County and I was even luckier to tag a buck. He's not a monster, but while hunting on public land with warm and dry conditions I'm really proud of him. I'll be butchering the quarters today and making some homemade sausage...YUMMY!

Shot-Gun
10-31-2011, 08:49 AM
Nothin wrong with that!. Congrats and share your recipe. O man, I need to get my man card back after that statement.:D

Fishbucket
10-31-2011, 10:05 AM
Congrats and share your recipe.

Give him the one you use for potpourri and scented soaps....

CRABBY
10-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Hey Cal that's great now you can give me some of your special deer jerky you promised last year.!!! :chowtime:...Don

trout wrangler
11-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Nice job once again, I'm sure it will taste better than tag soup. I know a lot of others that didn't do so well this year. Next year you can go get that big one. Congrats.

bretmoua
11-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Congrats.....a small buck is still better than a tag soup LOL

smithstation
11-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Any buck this season is a good buck!! Congrats, it was a tough year!!

Cal.Kellogg
11-04-2011, 07:19 AM
So here's the deal on the sausage....You take your ground venison and mix it with ground raw bacon...Your ratio is 2/3 venison 1/3 bacon. Then you add sage and herbs of your choice to taste...Once everything is mixed up and before you package it you fire up a frying pan, make a small patty, cook it and see what you think. This is when you make final flavor adjustments before breaking it into small packs and freezing.....It was pretty fun, it tastes good and compared to regular sausage it's low in fat....

This recipe is ripe for tweaking if you have a good imagination. I'm thinking of doing a small batch for Christmas with maple syrup added to the mix...You could also go with a dash of liquid smoke if that's your bag.....

I'm another Martha Stewart...Well if Martha was 6'3" and had hair on her back......

ILuvFishing
11-04-2011, 01:04 PM
congrats on the buck..i shot one the same size n same size antlers as yours a couple weeks ago in d5