PDA

View Full Version : What are my options..Lowrance ???

repogolfer
11-05-2011, 06:57 PM
I have a Lowrance LMS 527 right now in the front. I was thinking of adding another unit in the back but I am probably going to cancel that idea out right now. But below is what I'm thinking of doing both if I didn't buy another display and if I did. Please let me know if I'm missing a piece in there somewhere.

So my thoughts were:

1.Pick up another power cord for my unit and put it in the back.
2. Buy one of those T networking connectors and another cord. and run that to the back of the boat as well.

When I get to my spot just unhook the front unit and move it to the back where the other set of wires are. Will doing steps 1 & 2 be my easiest way of doing this or does anyone have a better way?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was to find a good deal on another LMS series unit..would all I need additional to make it so I have a display in the front and back one of those T connectors? Or is there something else that I would need. I would like to stick with one transducer.

Thanks,

Jon

ReelJerks
11-06-2011, 06:22 PM

You can do it this way. If you don't have the external GPS module, you can omit that from the diagram.
When your at your spot, which display will you use most?
If it were me adding another unit, I believe I would buy a DSI unit to use in my trolling, but it would be a 'stand-a-lone' unit. The DSI units are not network-able.

Edd

repogolfer
11-07-2011, 09:16 PM

You can do it this way. If you don't have the external GPS module, you can omit that from the diagram.
When your at your spot, which display will you use most?
If it were me adding another unit, I believe I would buy a DSI unit to use in my trolling, but it would be a 'stand-a-lone' unit. The DSI units are not network-able.

Edd

Thanks Edd for your reply.

Do you know if there is such a thing as blue T connectors? If I was to just move the FF to the back of the boat when I get to my spot I would need to have a way to hook up the transducer. I was thinking that there would be a blue T connector and have an cord going from that to the back and also to the front for the transducer. But I'm pretty sure its a blue end.

I might be totally wrong on this...it wouldn't be the first time.

Anyhow thanks for the help.

Jon

ReelJerks
11-08-2011, 08:37 AM
ONLY HDS units can share info through the Ethernet connect. For LMS and LCX series units, you would use the NMEA backbone. Your problems withe the transducer connection can be solved by purchasing SB-10BL switch, part# 46-27 from LEI Extras for under $120 + freight. This switch is for using one transducer with two units of your series and will allow you to have a transducer connection at both locations. Then all you need is the power cord PC-27BL, part# 127-08 for about $40.

Your idea will work if you utilize the part numbers given, and remember, you must keep the connections NOT in use dry and clean.

If you had room to add a second transducer I have other possibilities for you. We can discuss via PM if you'd like.

Edd

repogolfer
11-08-2011, 09:46 PM
If you had room to add a second transducer I have other possibilities for you. We can discuss via PM if you'd like.

Edd

Definitely would like to know of the other possibilities....please send over anything you would like via PM.

And thanks again.

Jon