PDA

View Full Version : Amador 11/15

AngelosPop
11-15-2011, 06:32 PM
We had a line in the water a bit past 10:30am. Got a few hits on a olive bugger about 4-5' behind a clear bubble. But that was it for us :( We fished east of the spillway right around the first point.

Another fellow showed up about 11:30 and had 5 by 12:30 using light green PB with a 3-4' leader with a sliding sinker. After I talked with him I switched to PB & a sliding sinker w/nothing. He didn't catch anything after I spoke with him.

I walked further NNE about 12am, I over heard a couple trollers passing info, saying they'd limited long ago and were just C&R'ing.

After posting my question about the "No Fish" signs. I asked the lady when I paid, what was up with them and she said no fishing in between the signs for a few hours after planting, which she said would be after about 12:30pm. Which is why we fished farther NE of the spillway. Nice flat area for the Mrs. to sit on the drop cloth. But a couple fellows showed up about 11:30 and sat right where I wanted to fish in between the signs and had their stringers pretty full by the time we left. I watched them have a double hook up not 15min after dropping a line.

Jfitalia, I think I saw you when we pulled in about 10:15 when we drove over the dam. But then after we got settled, I saw another fellow in a blue toon. Didn't know which one was you so I didn't yell out. I am a bit shy.

Maybe next Tuesday I'll splash my "show" boat (sig below), and try again.

I bought a 12' Valco yesterday, so my son can beat it up. But it needs a smidge of work to make it what I want before I splash it.

Jfitalia
11-15-2011, 07:58 PM
We had a line in the water a bit past 10:30am. Got a few hits on a olive bugger about 4-5' behind a clear bubble. But that was it for us :( We fished east of the spillway right around the first point.

Another fellow showed up about 11:30 and had 5 by 12:30 using light green PB with a 3-4' leader with a sliding sinker. After I talked with him I switched to PB & a sliding sinker w/nothing. He didn't catch anything after I spoke with him.

I walked further NNE about 12am, I over heard a couple trollers passing info, saying they'd limited long ago and were just C&R'ing.

After posting my question about the "No Fish" signs. I asked the lady when I paid, what was up with them and she said no fishing in between the signs for a few hours after planting, which she said would be after about 12:30pm. Which is why we fished farther NE of the spillway. Nice flat area for the Mrs. to sit on the drop cloth. But a couple fellows showed up about 11:30 and sat right where I wanted to fish in between the signs and had their stringers pretty full by the time we left. I watched them have a double hook up not 15min after dropping a line.

Jfitalia, I think I saw you when we pulled in about 10:15 when we drove over the dam. But then after we got settled, I saw another fellow in a blue toon. Didn't know which one was you so I didn't yell out. I am a bit shy.

Maybe next Tuesday I'll splash my "show" boat (sig below), and try again.

I bought a 12' Valco yesterday, so my son can beat it up. But it needs a smidge of work to make it what I want before I splash it.

I was looking for you! I was the only person I saw in a blue toon so it was probably me. I was working up and down that shoreline. The guys on shore were doing better throwing buggers than us guys fly fishing. I had a couple grabs but only landed 1. The rest of my fish came dragging PB and 1 on a crawler

AngelosPop
11-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I was looking for you! I was the only person I saw in a blue toon so it was probably me. I was working up and down that shoreline. The guys on shore were doing better throwing buggers than us guys fly fishing. I had a couple grabs but only landed 1. The rest of my fish came dragging PB and 1 on a crawler

I think I know which toon was you....... About 11-11:30 you came around by the spillway? I was alone casting on the east side of the spillway point. The other blue toon was just around the corner from me.

Good for you that you cought something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seemed to be real hit and miss. Either people were dragging them in, or nothing............. I ended up on the nothing end :(

DannyM
11-16-2011, 04:44 AM
I was out there yesterday with my nephew and a buddy. We were at the
fourth point off of the dam on the spillway side. We got there at 6:30 and
were off the water by 10:30 with our limits. Caught the trout using green
power bait and casting out buggers. Beautiful day on the water. Seems to
be hit or miss when we go out there. Hit them yesterday though.