PDA

View Full Version : Deep Water Channel?

FISH 0N
11-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Just started fishing the deep water channel, when do sturgeon enter the deep water channel? What are good combos to try and target these bad boys. Thank you for any advice given. :pirate:

bassmaster87
11-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Right now is already good for them. About 2 weeks ago my nephew caught and landed a 52 incher and I had one about the same size as his too but lost it when it jump because I didn't get a good enough hookset all on the same day too. Eel and nightcrawler is a good bait out there cheap and reliable. Anything expensive will just go to waste since there's catfish and they eat anything you throw out there.

johnyee1
11-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Right now is already good for them. About 2 weeks ago my nephew caught and landed a 52 incher and I had one about the same size as his too but lost it when it jump because I didn't get a good enough hookset all on the same day too. Eel and nightcrawler is a good bait out there cheap and reliable. Anything expensive will just go to waste since there's catfish and they eat anything you throw out there.

Just curious, was this at the end of jefferson or marshal? I feel like sinkers/lines get hung up at marshal alot at the drop.

bassmaster87
11-24-2011, 04:33 AM
Just curious, was this at the end of jefferson or marshal? I feel like sinkers/lines get hung up at marshal alot at the drop.

No this was down south more on jefferson.