PDA

View Full Version : Black Cloud no more at Amador

troutsavvy
12-02-2011, 04:12 PM
I invited fellow sniffer Angspop for a day of fishing at Amador. We launched at 0600. Second boat on the lake. Bloody freezing at launch, about 34 degrees. First fish on about 0630. Not much action until the wind quit and the sun popped out from behind the clouds. Next fish came about every 20 minutes. After one limit in the boat, I mentioned that is was cool that we had landed everything we hooked. So the skunk moved back on the boat for about 90 minutes. 7 or 8 fish on, nothing to the boat. Not to worry, Angspop got slammed by a nice 2.5-3lber and fought him hard all the way to the boat. Weather ended up perfect (65 degrees), wind calmed down and now he knows he can catch fish at this lake. That's half the battle.

Angspop had to vamoose at noon so after dropping him off at the dock, I headed out for one more long run. Hit two 3lbers about 3 minutes apart at the back of the lake. Best fights for me all day. Basically nothing under 2lbs, two were right at 3lbs. Stringer weighed in at 13lbs.

Here is the scoop:
Toplining with Rapala Firetiger J-7
Spiderwire leader
1.3-1.5mph
Krill Pro Cure Scent

HMONG_James_Vang
12-02-2011, 05:02 PM
well a bright and sunny day indeed. im glad you were able to get angspop on em troutsavvy. kudos to you both.

AngelosPop
12-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Very much enjoyed your company and the fishing! Thank you very much! Hopefully the cloud stays lifted! :shocked:

If anybody ever gets a chance to fish with Troutsavvy or meet up with him you won't be disappointed! Wonderful guy to be around. Had a great day!
:trout::banana:
Next time we just need to add :carlaavatar8aw: for a 100% perfect day HAHAHA.

TAZMAN64
12-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Now thats how you do it at amador!!! Major congrats. Me and my brother were out there this morning also, started at 5:30 with zero bites until 6:30 and then it was on. It was the best bite ive seen to date at amador, evrery cast we were getting hits for 1 hour straight, we caught 8 from 6:30 to 7:30 and then it died I mean it died not a fish jumping not a bite for the next hour and a half. Finaly around 9:00 we picked up the last 2 fish needed for our limits. It truely was a awesome day on the water. Weather was perfect 31-32 degrees when we got there with light winds, we had the pleasure of running into 3 other sniffers on shore and as we left they set up were we had been fishing so i hope they did as well. I will post some pics later. Angspop im glad you got that black cloud off your back, sounds like you two had an awesome day!! Congrats again. Steve

AngelosPop
12-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Sorry we missed meeting up with you! There was a boat in front of us at about 6:00-6:10, we headed towards the spillway from the ramp about 6:10-6:20. Good for you guys that you got into them! Were you the guys with the light about 100-200yds west of the spillway? Wasn't but a few people there that early..............

Was a fun day! With good company!

AngelosPop
12-02-2011, 07:36 PM
I can say from the past 3 times I have been there on the bank the fish were always jumping, and swimming in front of you on the bank till noon or so. Today was a bit odd, the fish would jump for a hour or so, then nothing, then jump again for a while then nothing. Kind of a wierd day, but at least we got into them!

CRABBY
12-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Well it's great to see you guys are all on a roll at Amador,ya never know there, one day the boat guys are killin em next day the bank guys are.Congrats on a successful day of fishing....Don

TAZMAN64
12-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Sorry we missed meeting up with you! There was a boat in front of us at about 6:00-6:10, we headed towards the spillway from the ramp about 6:10-6:20. Good for you guys that you got into them! Were you the guys with the light about 100-200yds west of the spillway? Wasn't but a few people there that early..............

Was a fun day! With good company! Yeah, that probably was us. It was very quite for a friday not to many people at all.

AngelosPop
12-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah, that probably was us. It was very quite for a friday not to many people at all.

Trolling was a bit different........... Ask Troutsavvy about the fish he hooked when a downriger boat went over our lines. The guy/boat was fighting with a flopping fish at his transom, and by the time we backed within 20yrds of him he threw Troutsavvy's rig into the water......."Sorry"....... No fish............ Hmmmmmm. It was kind of odd? Lanes were kind of hit and miss.

troutsavvy
12-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Completely without etiquette. The guy is paralleling me as I parallel the shoreline. All the sudden he decides to cut a hard 90 degree turn 20 feet behind our stern then looks puzzled that his cables caught out lines. I yell out "you've got our lines and he smiles oblivious to what is going on. Angspop and I were both pretty sure the guy removed my fish off my lure after he tangled it in his downrigger cable. We could of made an issue out of it but we were there to have a good time (which we did) and I figured any dope running downriggers when the entire world is toplining on the lake probably was looking at the only fish he was going to boat all day.

The only thing funnier today were the two old guys stopped dead in the middle of the most productive fishing lanes for about 15 minutes. We thought the one guy was retying his rig. I made a wisecrack about how I usually let the other guy in the boat continue to troll while I re-rig. The guy not fiddling yells back "he's fixing his britches" (I told you these guys were old). We took a vote and decided the guy "fixing his britches" probably zipped his winky. Can't blame him for taking it slow and steady! Been there, done that.

AngelosPop
12-03-2011, 06:18 PM
A day late............. I took pics when I got home and forgot to post last night :)

CRABBY
12-03-2011, 06:25 PM
"Zipped his winkie"...:yikes::rotfl2::rotfl2:.....good one TS......Don

troutsavvy
12-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Well this is the decade of political correctness. I actually hate it. Can't even watch Blazing Saddles on TV without non-stop audio edits. It was okay in the 70's. I guess we are much more sophisticated now...Nope!

I forgot another funny thing that happened at the end of the day for Angspop and myself. We're trolling back towards the launch. Another guy in a real nice rig is trolling maybe 15 yards away from us in a parallel fashion. He is alone on the boat with two rods running. First one goes off. He kills the motor while he is fighting the fish. The wind starts to push his boat over in front of us so we put ours in neutral. Kind of a common courtesy thing since he has a fish on and all we have is envy. Then the second rod goes off while he's still fighting the first one in. Now the fire drill is on with him fighting one for 30 seconds then switching to the other. Back and forth for 2-3 minutes and he lands them both. He is all apologetic for drifting in front of us. No problem. Fish gets the right of way in my book.