PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Fished Stinson Beach?

surge
05-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Hi
Has anyone fished stinson beach?

Whats kind of fish can i catch over there?

whats the bait?

Whats the limit?

Thanks to everyone who replys. :)

keciga1
05-03-2007, 05:25 PM
I've never fished there but I belive you could catch some perch, sharks and probably later on some stripers from the surf. I'm sure someone will chime in.

grendl
05-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Ive fished the inlet to the estuary on the bolinas side, I caught a nice leopard off of a chovie, its a nice place to hang

surge
05-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the reply, I am going there in June with my wife and kid. I am going to give it a try.

Fishmom
05-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Stinson is a good place for perch grubbing, or using sand crabs for bait if you can find them at the surf line.

Rock_Hopper
05-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Also a good place for sharks and rays...gets pretty windy there so be prepared!

I'm gonna fish there on Thursday, so I'll post a report when I get back.

Rock_Hopper
05-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Whoops...nevermind. I'm trippin'.

I'll be fishing Dillon's on Thursday...not Stinson.

BUT it does get very windy there also and the Bolinas Lagoon is a great place for big leopard sharks and huge batrays.

If you end up fishing the lagoon bring some heavier weights (5oz and up) 'cause the current usually rips through there.

pinfish
05-07-2007, 07:41 AM
and great whites

surge
05-08-2007, 06:03 AM
Thanks everyone, I am getting really excited to go out there. I been there once and it looks like great place to fish. :)

StripeSideChaser
05-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Whoops...nevermind. I'm trippin'.

I'll be fishing Dillon's on Thursday...not Stinson.

BUT it does get very windy there also and the Bolinas Lagoon is a great place for big leopard sharks and huge batrays.

If you end up fishing the lagoon bring some heavier weights (5oz and up) 'cause the current usually rips through there.

I was just about to post "Dustin, you're trippin" after your previous post! ;-)
Stinson is mainly perch. Some years see a good striper run there, but that only seems to happen on a big el nino. Grass shrimp, market shrimp, 2" grubs all work really nice there (haven't been this year, but that's what worked in the past).
I'd personally go for grass at that spot because of the occasional stripers.
Of course, I'm just talking about Stinson main beach (closer to the rocks on the south seems to be best), not familiar with the lagoon.