PDA

View Full Version : Amador has been very good to us

TAZMAN64
12-08-2011, 09:23 AM
I know enough is enough, LOL!!! we did it again for the third time this week, we left with 2 limits. Today it took all of 1 1/2 hours for 10 fish, we stayed another 1/2 hour and landed 3 more and missed a couple others. They were biting like wild dog's!!! we caught 3 with zero retrieve, through it out and went to lite a cig and bam!!! it was on. all were caught on a olive body with black skirt bugger soaked in pro cure oil, water bobber and a 4ft leader, super slow retrieve. If you have the time head out there and get in on the action. Oh yeah dress warm its cold in the morning's. Pics will follow.
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/tazman64/AMADOR_12-08-11____78LBS_CLEANED_002.jpg
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/tazman64/AMADOR_12-08-11____78LBS_CLEANED_003.jpg
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/tazman64/AMADOR_12-08-11____78LBS_CLEANED_006.jpg
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/tazman64/AMADOR_12-08-11____78LBS_CLEANED_004.jpg
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/tazman64/AMADOR_12-08-11____78LBS_CLEANED_011.jpg

Megadeath
12-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Lucky! Wish I was fishing not working.
Dam economic slavery.

Marv
12-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Tazman strikes again! Cant wait to see'em laid out on the counter :)

dilbeck
12-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Man, you are on fire. I can only hope to make it there before the fishing slows down.

Be careful on fishing after a limit, DFG can cite you for that. Not trying to flame, just a heads-up because a lot of people aren't aware.

bass_newb
12-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Amador sure is GOOD right now. I was there yesterday, and I did really well too. Good stuff tazman.

hanahou7
12-08-2011, 02:55 PM
AHHH! I HATE BEING STUCK AT WORK!!! Great stuff Taz...do it again tomorrow!

WhalerDan
12-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Way to go Tazman! How early do you recommend getting out there? I'm over an houir away, so it is a bit of a trip for me. Does it slow down later in the morning? I have heard about Amador being pretty crowded from the bank, and the one time a few years ago I fished near the dam, it was pretty crazy. Still like that?
I have the same tile counters you have, AND a wife. So, I'll post pics of fish, maybe on a newspaper. hahaha

TAZMAN64
12-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Man, you are on fire. I can only hope to make it there before the fishing slows down.

Be careful on fishing after a limit, DFG can cite you for that. Not trying to flame, just a heads-up because a lot of people aren't aware.Thanks for the heads up, I know, i should have said we caught 10 in a 1 1/2 hours but we only kept 8 untill we caught 2 bigger fish. we ended up lannding 13 and c&r the 3 smallest we also lost 3 others at the shore.

dilbeck
12-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Got it, my bad.

Again, nice job!

Jfitalia
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM

Be careful on fishing after a limit, DFG can cite you for that. Not trying to flame, just a heads-up because a lot of people aren't aware.

What would they site him for? He isn't breaking the law which is 10 in possession. Now some lakes like pardee and camanche will take your fishing pass so you have to stop.

CRABBY
12-08-2011, 04:34 PM
What would they site him for? He isn't breaking the law which is 10 in possession. Now some lakes like pardee and camanche will take your fishing pass so you have to stop.The possession limit an daily limit cannot be combined,5 a day an you are done fishing for that species that day,next day get 5 more an now you have your possession limit assuming you didn't eat some.Whats even worse is if you have 8 trout at home in the frezz.you can only catch 2 more when/if you go fishing a week later.Those are the rules I believe,LOL...Don

AngelosPop
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Good job! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Roseville fisher
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Seeing posts like this is getting pumped up for next week. Can't wait. Great fish!!!

yonnr2000
12-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Nice fillet job!

BeefCakeScout
12-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Rvillefisher and I are going next friday. Hope it stays hot! Any particular place we should seek out? Bringing tubes if that helps. Got plenty of flys and jigs. Any advice for a slamador virgin?

Adoboat
12-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Could you please post a picture of how you set up your line?

Jfitalia
12-08-2011, 09:46 PM
The possession limit an daily limit cannot be combined,5 a day an you are done fishing for that species that day,next day get 5 more an now you have your possession limit assuming you didn't eat some.Whats even worse is if you have 8 trout at home in the frezz.you can only catch 2 more when/if you go fishing a week later.Those are the rules I believe,LOL...Don

Yes I understand the law however I have been told my wardens that your fine if you arent keeping fish. Now I know its risky with trout but hell even at pardee the guys have let me keep fishing as long as I was using lures. The rule is in possesion not how many you've caught

CRABBY
12-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Yes I understand the law however I have been told my wardens that your fine if you arent keeping fish. Now I know its risky with trout but hell even at pardee the guys have let me keep fishing as long as I was using lures. The rule is in possesion not how many you've caughtBetter ck. the reg.'s an terminology...Don

BeefCakeScout
12-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Jeremy, I think what dilbeck was getting at is that culling trout is illegal. If you have a limit in possession, as soon as you land another fish you are in possession of more than your limit and thus citeable. Of course its up to johnny warden to decide if he will or not. Its that whole "letter of the law vs. spirit of the law" thing.

serge
12-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Jeremy, I think what dilbeck was getting at is that culling trout is illegal. If you have a limit in possession, as soon as you land another fish you are in possession of more than your limit and thus citeable. Of course its up to johnny warden to decide if he will or not. Its that whole "letter of the law vs. spirit of the law" thing.

That was my understanding as well! If you have that limit you cant pull in an 11th fish, especially if that 11th fish happens to be a bleeder and you are unable to successfully release it. I would really like to know for sure though. Guess I'll have to do some research.

TAZMAN64
12-08-2011, 10:30 PM
That was my understanding as well! If you have that limit you cant pull in an 11th fish, especially if that 11th fish happens to be a bleeder and you are unable to successfully release it. I would really like to know for sure though. Guess I'll have to do some research. I believe that is correct, you cant continue to fish once you have your limits, thats why i will c&r the small and wait for the bigger ones i want to keep. Another reason i like fishing with buggers, they normally dont swallow it. Ive seen it happen but usally its in the lip, I wont realese any fish no matter the size if they swallow it. Its just not right, IMO.

H-man
12-09-2011, 07:05 AM
I believe that is correct, you cant continue to fish once you have your limits, thats why i will c&r the small and wait for the bigger ones i want to keep. Another reason i like fishing with buggers, they normally dont swallow it. Ive seen it happen but usally its in the lip, I wont realese any fish no matter the size if they swallow it. Its just not right, IMO.

"possession" is a very interesting term in that if you give fish away to another fisherman and they place it onto their stringer, it counts to both your possession and theirs with respect to limits!

When trout fishing is this good, it is not a bad idea to smash down the barb on the lure. It has two benefits: 1) likely to release the fish with less harm and 2) it gets your lure back into the water faster to C&R the next fish!

It's great that fishing has been so good at Amador that it spurs this type of discussion. Just last year we were all just worried about just hooking a trout!

CRABBY
12-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Yes I understand the law however I have been told my wardens that your fine if you arent keeping fish. Now I know its risky with trout but hell even at pardee the guys have let me keep fishing as long as I was using lures. The rule is in possesion not how many you've caughtIf your talking about actual fish in your possession while fishing yes, if you don't have a limit you can fish all day for one more no problem,however you can't keep the trout alive in your livewell an cull fish from it,many guys do that though,an if you get caught letting floaters go in your pursuit of bigger fish that is also illegal under the wanton waste rules for any fish...everybody has a story about how the official rules were enforced on them at some place or time including me,but people should at least know the reg.s so they know when they are pushing the letter of the law...or violating it...I don't write the rules nor do I understand all of them,this is just worthless internet advice on my part :old:....Don