PDA

View Full Version : lake natoma :( 12/7/11

dirty530
12-12-2011, 03:52 PM
went to lake natoma with my dad last wednesday. awesome weather but horrible fishing! parked and put in the yaks at folsom blvd. and trolled with the Pointer SP50 (me) and with a kastmaster and roe (my dad) up toward the prison. no bites but a few snags. didn't realize how shallow most of natoma is. underneath the folsom blvd. bridge you can see into the water very far from shore. looks like a great place to fish for bass in the spring. when we got to the prison's "no trespassing sign" we nestled into crannies in the huge rock walls and tossed out worms and roe with nothing. we DID hear the prison riot. there was a loud horn followed by an hour of ambulance sirens. we heard later that there was a prison riot. after spending some time at the prison property line we slowly drifted back with the current, drifting row along the way. i did feel bump, bump, bump bump, bump the whole way back; it was my first time drifting with such success. feeling the row literally bounce off the bottom. got a few snags but it was still nice to try a new method of fishing. horrible fishing but got a few cool pics

(pics will come soon)

BeefCakeScout
12-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Rumor has it(I got a few PM's about that place after the thread I started) that slow trolling live minnows is the key to gettin big bows out of there. I would assume a FF would make a world of difference.

troutsavvy
12-13-2011, 07:09 AM
I think the prison was practicing "Catch and Don't Release!"

Jfitalia
12-13-2011, 07:33 AM
went to lake natoma with my dad last wednesday. awesome weather but horrible fishing! parked and put in the yaks at folsom blvd. and trolled with the Pointer SP50 (me) and with a kastmaster and roe (my dad) up toward the prison. no bites but a few snags. didn't realize how shallow most of natoma is. underneath the folsom blvd. bridge you can see into the water very far from shore. looks like a great place to fish for bass in the spring. when we got to the prison's "no trespassing sign" we nestled into crannies in the huge rock walls and tossed out worms and roe with nothing. we DID hear the prison riot. there was a loud horn followed by an hour of ambulance sirens. we heard later that there was a prison riot. after spending some time at the prison property line we slowly drifted back with the current, drifting row along the way. i did feel bump, bump, bump bump, bump the whole way back; it was my first time drifting with such success. feeling the row literally bounce off the bottom. got a few snags but it was still nice to try a new method of fishing. horrible fishing but got a few cool pics

(pics will come soon)

dude after all your other posts your now not allowed to post anything unless you have pics of fish!!!!! :p

BeefCakeScout
12-13-2011, 08:39 AM
dude after all your other posts your now not allowed to post anything unless you have pics of fish!!!!! :pthis......

HMONG_James_Vang
12-13-2011, 08:55 AM
http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/styles/TimeTraveler/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Jfitaliahttp://www.fishsniffer.com/images/styles/TimeTraveler/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.fishsniffer.com/trout-board/94078-lake-natoma-12-7-11-a.html#post844883)dude after all your other posts your now not allowed to post anything unless you have pics of fish!!!!! :tongue:

this......

i second that