PDA

View Full Version : The black cloud found me at Amador 12/16

TAZMAN64
12-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Well i froze my a@# off at Amador yesterday, and the black cloud was on me yesterday. My first 3 hook ups all turned in to losses, caught the next 2 and released one of them, lost the next three fish one broke my 6 lb leader line after a great fight right at the shore (really nice fish) Caught one more fish and that was my day. My brother caught 2 and lost 3, we left at 10:00 a.m. knowing that the fish won today!! All in all it still was a great day, one of the fish was a big male just starting to get a hook bill (3lber) Here is a pic, hope you like it. Steve
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/tazman64/AMADOR_12-16-11_005.jpg

RideNfish
12-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Heard from Mariahpup that it was a tough bite that day. Good job working them out. I'm trying Camanche from the bank next week. Will report.

:cheers:

Marv
12-17-2011, 01:33 PM
You make a black cloud sound great :) your fish even look good in the dirt :p

CRESTLINER 08
12-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Thats a very nice looking 3# male,,,,nice work .those fish sure do put up a good fight.three years ago i would reel them in with two to three broken leader in there mouths...

BeefCakeScout
12-17-2011, 04:34 PM
I was there too......except I was the ONLY person on the water to get a skunk:(. Bigg Ant was there and got a limit,my buddy got a couple, and we saw a guy reel in a hefty 7# on PB.

AngelosPop
12-17-2011, 06:01 PM
I planned on coming up there yesterday, but didn't feel all that hot so I stayed home.

Good thing I didn't come up there or you wouldn't have caught a thing.......

At least you got into a few!

TAZMAN64
12-17-2011, 06:18 PM
I was there too......except I was the ONLY person on the water to get a skunk:(. Bigg Ant was there and got a limit,my buddy got a couple, and we saw a guy reel in a hefty 7# on PB.I dont think you were the only skunk, There were 2 guy's fishing next to us and they were trying everything in thier box but had zero fish at the time we left. 7 lber now thats what im talking about. We saw after the plant some realy nice ones cruising the shoreline,so i hope they are putting in some bigger fish.

HMONG_James_Vang
12-17-2011, 08:41 PM
ahh don't fill too bad. me and bass_newb didn't do so well today (12/17) too. i ended up with 2, bass_newb 1. definite black cloud. all 3 fish were caught before 8am. as for the rest of the day... smh... nuff said.

westcoastdave
12-17-2011, 09:32 PM
The fishing at Amador was very slow today. I only saw 5 Trout caught off the dam today. I fished from 10:30-5:00 PM. I caught 3 and lost one Trout, but had to work hard for them. All were caught using Berkley Trout worms in Chatreuse/shad color under a bobber. I also tried a black wooley bugger and spoons.

WhalerDan
12-18-2011, 11:35 AM
When I got up Fri. morning, I noticed the moon was really bright wiht the clear sky...think that throws things off for the day--maybe they are feeding at night?

Bigg A
12-18-2011, 08:55 PM
I dont think you were the only skunk, There were 2 guy's fishing next to us and they were trying everything in thier box but had zero fish at the time we left. 7 lber now thats what im talking about. We saw after the plant some realy nice ones cruising the shoreline,so i hope they are putting in some bigger fish.

Were you fishing off one of the points next to the older guys that I believe were from an asian background? I think one of them was sitting in a chair and they were bottom fishing using those red spiral rod holders.......