PDA

View Full Version : Oyster Point Butts

freon
04-30-2007, 06:35 AM
Fished sunday from 7:30 until 2:30 with a buddy, trolling djb rigs and trying different set ups with hoochies to try and get on the fish, hooked up once on a big one and eventually it snapped my line :'(
I had switched from cable to mono and only had 25lb test and actually had the drag pretty loose, but it did one heck of a run in the opposite direction and snapped the line.
I did see some being caught, but far and few in between.
Best spot was around oyster point, with a few at the bird cage and a few more around candlestick.

dukedempsey
04-30-2007, 08:58 AM
Hey Freon, nothing but shakers for us also and all of them came at the little channel running outta OP. And just a tad bit crowded out there.

jcarman
04-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Hey Freon-

I am new to the whole bay thing, but I am going to try and head out for some halibut / shark on Thursday. Any advice on where to laucnh and what to try? I don't want you to give up your secret stuff, just some pointers please! :)

freon
05-01-2007, 10:47 AM
DD, yes it was a bit crowded, I fished that area for awhile as well and it is where I got the hit. I understand it was far worse on saturday though :o

Fishduck, try using a DJB rig, if you look on the http://coastsidefishingclub.com/ site and do a search for this rig, it will show you how to rig it up and what size of everything to use for halibut. We launched out of Oyster point launch, located off of Oyster point road on 101, south of I 80, there are others though. Most are running hoochies, herring or anchovies or a combo of them. three hooks only and one can be a treble hook, usually as a stinger on the frozen bait. hope this helps.

jcarman
05-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks Freon, thats an awesome link. I appreciate your help-