PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 12/19 results. [pics of course]

RideNfish
12-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Well, my dad and I went to Camanche for the first time this season. We decided to try north shore day use area and go from there. The lady at the gate said we were the second car of the day. I asked for a prize but none was awarded. We had lines wet at about 6:40 in the pretty thick fog and struggling to see since it was still pretty dark. We cast out a bait pole each and heard a splash so we assume we hit water :stomper:. We both had some wooly buggers tied on the other poles and kept throwing for nothing. My bait pole had an orange and chartreuse PE on and my dad had chartreuse PB on. At 7:55 my strike indicator other wise known as a painted wine cork

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o14/ScreaminRK/Fishing%20Stuff/IMG_3810.jpg

started to lower a bit but the rod wasn't moving. As I walked over to it it twitched a bit but still did not raise up towards the rod. So I removed the cork and slowly reeled in the slack. When I felt tension I felt a very light tug but I was afraid to yank it out of the fishes mouth. So I reeled a bit more and felt a more substantial tug and gave it a hook set. It was a very nice fish along the size I was catching at Amador. Real good fighter as well. So we had the first fish of the morning.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o14/ScreaminRK/Fishing%20Stuff/IMG_12152.jpg

We worked hard all day sometimes trying two bait rods each in the water then casting different things. I finally had some action again on the same PE set up with the same pattern of bite. VERY light lowering the cork first. Reeling in the slack until I felt the fish. I was able to land him as well.

We all go through the "eyes get heavy" stage while banking and my dad was feeling it around 9:30 hehe

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o14/ScreaminRK/Fishing%20Stuff/IMG_12162.jpg

I started throwing a white grub behind my water bobber instead of a fly and had one very large hit that I couldn't believe didn't stick. On the bag of Berkeley Power Bait Grubs it says, "FISH BITE AND WON'T LET GO." I have to say I beg to differ. :angry:

I started throwing a olive wooly again around 1:30 and had one hit then finally caught another nice fish. Unfortunately my dad didn't have a SINGLE bite all day. I felt bad but it certainly has happened to me. My dad is a very experienced fisherman (where do you think I got the bug) so I know he still had a good time. Here is the shot of the three I caught. VERY nice fish.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o14/ScreaminRK/Fishing%20Stuff/IMG_12172.jpg

Sorry the big one is turned wrong on the stringer :)

I filleted them up and one was extra pink and the others had a nice shade. I gave dad the fillets since I didn't need any at this time. My gourmet cook wife has the next 1 weeks of meals planned out so I'm good. haha.

Very slow day. We did see some others doing better than us but not by much. They were all using the chartreuse PB and nothing else.

Until next time...
:cheers1:

sollimes
12-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Nice fish! Thanks for the report.
Have not fish there in a few years. Looks like you got a couple holdovers.

underdog63
12-19-2011, 09:38 PM
great stuff.

CRESTLINER 08
12-19-2011, 09:52 PM
those are some nice looking bows,great color,thanks for the report....

Marv
12-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Nice report, sweet pic's, not bad at all for a first time visit. Man thats a nice sized hold over rainbow :) I love that shade of green, the ones iv'e been catchin' don't have that olive hue to them. White grubs are king at Camanche :p

GNappers
12-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Nice looking fish, and the water is looking pretty cleat.

whofish
12-20-2011, 12:43 AM
a beautiful day, clam water for blobber action for trout. What more can you ask for?

I call your thread a winner...congrats

schatgun
12-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Great report at always.....thanks for not inviting me! (LOL). Fishing is learning and your learning curve is incredible, keep up the good work.

And somebody remind BassBoy that white grubs are not the king of Camanche....KokeMachine is, the white grubs are just his minions....(LOL, again).

See you guys on the water.....

JwG
12-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Great report at always.....
See you guys on the water.....

+1

Great report.http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/icons/icon6.png

Those are some nice fish!!

You are making the rounds here this month!!!
Awesome. Nice to fish fresh waters.

Post your dinner pictures!!!

Thanks for the post RideNfish.:bananachaga:

RideNfish
12-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Great report at always.....thanks for not inviting me! (LOL).

But you said you wouldn't have time thru x-mas. :) That is why we are scheduled for Jan. Besides, you "nice boat" guys have a tough time fishing from the bank. haha

HDnRibs
12-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Nice work RideNfish!

That has been about our average for that place for the last three weeks. Slow, but decent sized and they do fight nice.:thumbsup:

HDnRibs

Koke Machine83
12-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Actually, The White Grubs are Still King of Camanche. It's just who know hows to troll them :bananachaga: Congrats on the Banking Trout. I knew you guys would catch some fish on the North Shore Day use area!!! Looks like me and the Mrs. are heading back up there on Friday. Might even try some more new stuff. Again Congrats on your Camanche Fish...

Robbie

mnca711
12-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Nice report and nice fish. I know that feeling about tension. Sometimes im like dam i should have set the hook and out of know where it just pulls hard lol.

trollingplate
12-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Just getting to your post today.. as usual, you present a great post..
informative, sarcastic ( equals funny) and alsways great pictures!!

Equipment Question: The variety/vintage of that cork.. perhaps there's something there
we are missing !!

Merry Christmas... gary

RideNfish
12-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Just getting to your post today.. as usual, you present a great post..
informative, sarcastic ( equals funny) and alsways great pictures!!
Equipment Question: The variety/vintage of that cork.. perhaps there's something there
we are missing !!
Merry Christmas... gary

Hi Gary!
Hope to share the water sometime. Thank you for the compliments! I assume you liked my comment, ""FISH BITE AND WON'T LET GO." I have to say I beg to differ."

I never thought about the cork vintage. You may have something there. I will have to paint up a bunch of different one and see if I can develop a pattern. I drank a Granite Springs 2006 Zinfandel tonight so may have to try that.
:wine1:
Merry Christmas to you as well... Doug