PDA

View Full Version : Rapalas are nice. But, some days they Smell too !!

Gene St. Denis
12-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Rapalas are nice. But, do not get Target Fixation and Locked on Some Individuals Emotional Charged Opinions and Legal Court Cases.....:bur20xv:..These will Lead you away from the True Path.......Every Lure has Specific Strengths and Weaknesses. Every Lake has specific Things that Work, consistently .That is the Trick !! Lures are like Weapons that Leave the Hand.....They are only as Good as the Enviroment , Prey, and of Course... the USER. :kahuna38kk: F-11, 13, and 18 work Good.. silver and Black, gold and Black, and Rainbow . CD- 9 and 11 same colors... Add Fire Tiger and Minnow Patterns for certain Lakes , for both F and CD. Do Not use on Downriggers below 60 Feet or they will Get Water Logged and Will Not Run Right as they are Now Heavy,... Plus in the Rocks Shallow .. All Lures Break Bill s Off... in the Rocks .. :hissyfit: !!!!.........All Lures Need Tuneing.. Right out of the Box... Check in water next to boat and Bend Tie in Eye in Small amounts.. this has to be Done after a Hit or Bumping Bottom, as well. http://www.imhooked.com/forumsyabb/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif Anyone Who runs Lures and says That they need no Tuning at any Time is.....goeing to catch a Lot Less Fish and May Be Hard Headed .... :brains1:...... Trophy Sticks are a Welcome addition to the Arsenal as well... Tui Chub, Kokanee ( silver and Blue) , and Rainbow work Very Good and at Certain Lake... They are the Key as Well !! Don't forget Rebels, Thundersticks, Damn Lures, Smithwick, Ac Plugs, Bomber Long A's, and the C do or Reversed the D do !! http://www.imhooked.com/forumsyabb/Templates/Forum/default/cheesy.gif Add good line and Off you go !! Pro-cure Scents in the Gels with anise, trophytrout, Rainbowtrout, and Craddad ... CarpSpit gel for Almanor Coated on the 3 and 4 inch Trophystick in Baby Bow works good Right Now !! If you are Poor , then the Lowly Worm on a Bobber !! The Plain Fact is that Some Days ....Even Rapalas Suck to High Heaven some Days !! :skunk29gc: As Weeza said.. I have lost more lures of All Types than Most Men have Ever Used. http://www.imhooked.com/forumsyabb/Templates/Forum/default/shocked.gif The Main Thing Here is Stay Focused On... the Self Evident " Truth of the Lures " and Not to Get Compromised Emotionally on the Subject and even dare I say it.." Fanatically Possessive "and will respond to Even General Statements with there own Personal Agendas or Biasis,...:Animated-HyenaBone2..... for these will lead You Astray form the Real Point of All of this and it is about " Having Fun and Enjoying the Outdoors "on this Winter Holiday Season of 2011/ 2012 .. ...Loading up the PT-109 for some More of that Tahoe feeling !! Another Drop Dead Gorgous Day in the Sierras !! Aloha !! http://www.imhooked.com/forumsyabb/Templates/Forum/default/cool.gif gst

Cal.Kellogg
12-24-2011, 01:11 PM
All the lures mentioned and more will certainly catch fish. Day in day out worms are tough to beat too. From what I've seen when I weigh the performance and price of minnow plugs, Rapalas are my No. 1 choice followed by P-Line minnow plugs and Bombers....

Cal.Kellogg
12-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Rapalas work well there is no doubt. There are days that they won't work, but you can say that about every lure and every bait....If we wanted the absolute highest percentage of success we'd fish with nothing but live bait and natural bait. Rapalas have more world records to their credit than all other artificial lures and there is a reason for that.....

CRABBY
12-24-2011, 01:47 PM
LOL,the best lures for me are "Your Lures"they are cheaper an I don't care if they crack or break lips,when we goin fishin?:thumbup::excited:..........Don

americainR_guy
12-24-2011, 01:51 PM
My thoughts on minnow lures. I preffer Rapalas, Rebels, Rago baits, AC plugs, and Bomers. I caught many many fish with them! I agree Capt Tahoe being fixed on just one lure, only limits ones self!

Rebels:
I love how they swim!! The paint jobs are not that great. But when you troll them I don't think it matters, because at times for whatever reason the wiggle can produce fish over anything else! I have caught many browns on them!!

Rago baits:
I caught my 1st brown over 10 pounds on a Rago bait two summers ago! I also caught my PB Rainbow from the states at Salt Springs two falls ago both on the same lure!

AC plugs:
I use them from time to time as I only have a few of them. I really like the skinnys!

Rapala: I don't think I need to say much here. It's my goto lure! We all know that for many years of the great price and quailty that comes with them! There is no other minnow type lure I'd use in streams and rivers! I got my 2nd and 3rd browns over 10 pounds on Rapalas. Then with a F-18 I got my PB Mackinaw 15.7 pounds from UVR, which made the Fishsniffer magazine about 5 years ago. I am sure some sniffers remember my post a few weeks ago when I caught a trophy sized hookjaw Brown trout with a stock F-13 Rapala. I did not have to tune it to make it swim right, which is what I used to have to do when I bought Trophy Sticks.

Trophy Sticks:
When they 1st appeared, I bought into the hype. Jake even emailed me a video on how to do tune them. After about a year or so and a over $100 later, I was unhapppy with the product. Because I had also found the paint scratches easy and it cracks/splits off away from the wood. I made complaints about it and he offered to replace them if I had receipts. Once I even took one to FishermansWarehouse and swapped the lure. Only to have the same problem again!

Bombers: I have only started using them. I have started feeling more confident using them. My girlfriend loves the blue ones. She caught a brown just under 32 inches this summer on one.

Just my thoughts.

Gene St. Denis
12-24-2011, 01:54 PM
The Best Lure ... is One You still Have Tied on to the Line... and it is Catching Fish. Once she is Gone... :hissyfit: gst

Barleycorn
12-26-2011, 11:16 AM
My thoughts on minnow lures. I preffer Rapalas, Rebels, Rago baits, AC plugs, and Bomers. I caught many many fish with them! I agree Capt Tahoe being fixed on just one lure, only limits ones self!

Rebels:
I love how they swim!! The paint jobs are not that great. But when you troll them I don't think it matters, because at times for whatever reason the wiggle can produce fish over anything else! I have caught many browns on them!!

Rago baits:
I caught my 1st brown over 10 pounds on a Rago bait two summers ago! I also caught my PB Rainbow from the states at Salt Springs two falls ago both on the same lure!

AC plugs:
I use them from time to time as I only have a few of them. I really like the skinnys!

Rapala: I don't think I need to say much here. It's my goto lure! We all know that for many years of the great price and quailty that comes with them! There is no other minnow type lure I'd use in streams and rivers! I got my 2nd and 3rd browns over 10 pounds on Rapalas. Then with a F-18 I got my PB Mackinaw 15.7 pounds from UVR, which made the Fishsniffer magazine about 5 years ago. I am sure some sniffers remember my post a few weeks ago when I caught a trophy sized hookjaw Brown trout with a stock F-13 Rapala. I did not have to tune it to make it swim right, which is what I used to have to do when I bought Trophy Sticks.

Trophy Sticks:
When they 1st appeared, I bought into the hype. Jake even emailed me a video on how to do tune them. After about a year or so and a over $100 later, I was unhapppy with the product. Because I had also found the paint scratches easy and it cracks/splits off away from the wood. I made complaints about it and he offered to replace them if I had receipts. Once I even took one to FishermansWarehouse and swapped the lure. Only to have the same problem again!

Bombers: I have only started using them. I have started feeling more confident using them. My girlfriend loves the blue ones. She caught a brown just under 32 inches this summer on one.

Just my thoughts. Good stuff Chris!

Gadabout
12-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Hey why do you think we bring four tackle boxes just to go Trout fishing? All lures work along with all baits.Throw in a kitchen sink with a single hook and that may work.

outdoordude
12-29-2011, 11:46 AM
The Best Lure ... is One You still Have Tied on to the Line... and it is Catching Fish. Once she is Gone... :hissyfit: gst
isn't that the truth, I've pulled up some stuff from the bottom of tahoe, flip flop, towel, tree limbs, a 5 1/2 ft heavy jigging rod, happened to hook the lure and pulled and pulled the line up and at the end was this fishing pole w/reel still in good shape, (it's mounted on my wall). one time I caught a antique 4 1/2" spoon (apparently used as a dodger) after showing it around I was told "DON'T USE IT",it's a valuable antique, I didn't listen..... set it up, two hook ups, next pass back to the gods of the lake.