PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Day at Amador 12-24

AngelosPop
12-24-2011, 01:59 PM
But the fishing wasn't. Still sick, fell asleep bout 2am. woke up countless times @ 0520 I said screw it I am going and got up......

Got a line wet at about 0650. Absouluty nothing all morning. No fish jumping, none rolling. Guys right on the spillway caught a fish at 0645 when I was walking past. About 0900 one fish caught to my left. Saw 2 fish caught in boats. Very slow day.

About 1030, guy left of me caught one fish floating PB....... What the heck, I'll try that. Cast out, walk 8ft away, guy next to me says you got a bite, by the time I turned to look........ Gone.

I left @1130.

The awesome part was there was nobody there. Maybe 10-12 boats. When I left @ 1130 there was one car on the dam, I think 2 cars in between the dam and spillway, and about 6-8 cars @ the spillway parking area. I guess everyone thought it'd be a madhouse and stayed home? I was expecting one.......

I tried Buggers/clear float, White grub/clear float, J5-9, Bottom sliding sinker PB, Top float PB, Bottom sliding sinker PE, Top float PE. Most everything with PC Krill oil. Just about threw my whole tackle bag at them...... Literally!

AngelosPop
12-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Few more picks of a rare Saturday.........

CRABBY
12-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Well Chris at least ya tried,from what I been seeing is many days it is a boat bite only for those that know how to troll right,with your luck :nevezuha1bz:it was one of those days.:redface:......Don

AngelosPop
12-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Gonna take up knitting soon :lolk:

If I'd have known it was going to be a ghost town, I would have taken a boat............ Not that I'd have done any better :) I doubt if you knew how to troll, you'd have caught anything. Only a lucky few took home a fish or two today.

From what was said yesterday, I was expecting 40 boats, and a bank fisherman every 5'.

RHansen95693
12-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Wow... I would have never guessed it would look like that. I was one of those 30+ boats out yesterday... guess those poor fish saw so much gear run past em yesterday, they just can't decide what they want.

AngelosPop
12-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Wow... I would have never guessed it would look like that. I was one of those 30+ boats out yesterday... guess those poor fish saw so much gear run past em yesterday, they just can't decide what they want.

I read your post yesterday, which lead me to believe it'd be crazy there today. When I was coming up on the Camanche turn off, I darned near took it today. Never been there so I don't know where to start, need to take a ride when the sun is up and see where to go.

It was 26* when I got there as well. I am so thankful I bought a set of insulated coveralls the last outting with Troutsavvy. Feet hands and face are a smidge cool, but I am toasty!

Since there wasn't much on the surface I did try a few things to get some depth to my presentation as well.

You guys must have gave them a hellofa "what for" yesterday. One guy close to me said he was there yesterday morning and caught fish, said he came back in the afternoon and caught some more. He brought his grandson today................ Not one hit/anything by the time I left.

Maybe mid next week or the following I'll get one of my boats in the water for once! :undecided:

PapaGreg
12-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Damn, I stayed away today because of the perceived crowds!

How did H-fisher do?

Oh well, I think I'll hit Melones next week.

AngelosPop
12-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Damn, I stayed away today because of the perceived crowds!

How did H-fisher do?

Oh well, I think I'll hit Melones next week.

Good thing you did.........

H-fisher? Prolly the same as the rest of us?

Need to change it up here as well!

TAZMAN64
12-24-2011, 05:17 PM
I cant believe no one was there, The fishing has been realy hit or miss there lately. I might have to head up to N.M. or Don pedro next week. Thanks for the info and i hope you feel better soon. Steve

AngelosPop
12-24-2011, 05:38 PM
I cant believe no one was there, The fishing has been realy hit or miss there lately. I might have to head up to N.M. or Don pedro next week. Thanks for the info and i hope you feel better soon. Steve

No problem Steve! It was almost eerie, it was so vacant. Gonna branch out as well I think. I've been meaning to send RnF and Bass Boy some questions. I think Bass boy mentioned that you can fish from your tailgate at Melones now? My kind of fishing :) Amador is 45min away, Tulloch is 45-50min, Melones should be at most 1hr 15min. Not bad to me..............

Thanks on the feeling better! Was coughing up blood at 1am last night, as I am sure I ripped something from coughing so hard. These colds are getting old. In the past 2 months, the score is: My wife 4, my son 3 and me 2. My poor wife might have one or two good days before it starts again. Getting really old! Being I quit smoking last Sunday you'd think someone upstairs would be taking it easy on me??????

schatgun
12-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Hey guys.... Merry Christmas...Gonna hit New Melones Monday with my two boys and dad... He and my mom are up from Orange County for the holidays so I thought I'll take him fishin.... The wife has to each her fitness class Monday morning which means I have to watch the 3 month old till she gets home..... So it'lly be a late morning early afternoon trip... Moon phase isn't in our favor but oh well, we'll give it a shot... If anyone is out and about give us a hollar.... We'll be in a white NorthRiver on channel 68...

RideNfish
12-25-2011, 06:17 AM
Hey guys.... Merry Christmas...Gonna hit New Melones Monday with my two boys and dad...

Uh, You do know this is a "AMADOR" thread don't ya????? :winkfs: haha

There is a tiny tiny chance I might hit the shore that day but very doubtful since I am leaving for Pismo Beach on the Harley on Tue.

Hope you guys do real well and enjoy your time with your family.

Merry Christmas to the Sniffers