PDA

View Full Version : S.F. bay *halibut fishing

Muddler
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Thought I would post a weeks worth of effort in the bay.Mon&Wed was at Oyster pt pier for a total of 5 bat rays to 35" wing span.Fished frozen anchovie as live bait wasn't around.Smelt tearing up bait both days.No game fish caught or seen caught.Tues I trolled solo for 3hrs.drifted 2hrs for one 25" hali trolling dodger and bait between Oyster and Hunters pt. Thur, yesterday, fished Candlestick pier 6hrs for no bites.Shiners were around in small numbers caught on worm pcs, throw net wasn't getting anything. The bay is clearing nicely and have high hopes for the next few days.One thing yesterday we saw a good sized halibut slowly swimming on the surface ,when it got to the pier it swam under and wasn't seen again 30" easy.Thought it might have been caught off a boat and lost mabey getting injured. Seems like the boats are doing decent.This weekend will be a zoo out there for sure, good luck to who ever goes.

Jerrdirt
04-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Have you ever tried using those jacksmelts as bait?

Ben510le
04-28-2007, 09:51 PM
I heard from some guy at a bait store that using jacksmelt the size of you thumb is good for drifting
but i never tried