PDA

View Full Version : amador or camanche?

Jfitalia
12-29-2011, 07:55 AM
so the girlfriend wants to go trolling again this Sunday or Monday. now I've been to amador a thousand times but was curious about camanche. my issues are that it seems those fish are a little picky. I don't have a huge arsenal of raps or spoons yet but I do have a bunch of grubs! I also don't have downriggers yet. I do have a newer depth finder (2004 hummingbird) but it doesn't do speed cause the previous owner didn't buy the speed transducer. I do have a gps app on my phone that tracks speed so that's working ok for now. please any tips you can give me for comanche would be great. i'm sick of amador

Marv
12-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Hey J, go to Camanche. Find Robbie(kokemachine) and troll behind him :) Jk, but you should definitely check out Camanche, Amador is cold right now. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Jfitalia
12-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Hey J, go to Camanche. Find Robbie(kokemachine) and troll behind him :) Jk, but you should definitely check out Camanche, Amador is cold right now. Good luck and let us know what happens.

ha fishing behind him has crossed my mind! lol

telms
12-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Curious- Why are you sick of Amamdor? was planning on going there tomorrow

Jfitalia
12-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Curious- Why are you sick of Amamdor? was planning on going there tomorrow

well 15-20 boats on that small lake equals hell. some guys troll with there backs facing forward and don't look where they troll. its irritating

TAZMAN64
12-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Curious- Why are you sick of Amamdor? was planning on going there tomorrow The fishing at amador has been realy slow as of late, i went yesterday and didnt get a bite. Just a heads up. steve

AngelosPop
12-29-2011, 10:32 AM
well 15-20 boats on that small lake equals hell. some guys troll with there backs facing forward and don't look where they troll. its irritating

Yeah, I like those, and the ones that have a old fiberglass boat with a helm and windshield, yet they sit on the transom with a tiller steer outboard, and the rest of their buddies are in the back of the boat, so even standing up they can't see where they're going over the bow pointing towards the sky. :embarassed:

WhalerDan
12-29-2011, 01:40 PM
The most recent plant on Camanche's website says 1200 lb. planted on Dec. 6. That's a while ago. Maybe they're on vacation?

Jfitalia
12-29-2011, 02:04 PM
The most recent plant on Camanche's website says 1200 lb. planted on Dec. 6. That's a while ago. Maybe they're on vacation?

I saw that too but they stocked the trout pond last week so usually they do the south shore the same day?

schatgun
12-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Don't forget Melones as an option.....Leadcore line is a cheap alternative to Downriggers worth considering. It's winter time so you don't need to go much deeper than their capability....Most of us are stayin in the top 20' anyways...a couple of top lines and a couple between 20' and the surface is a good spectrum. As far as speed goes watch your lure's action as your letting it out and adjust accordingly.

Dang exiciting to be taking the boat out I'm sure....Heading to Melones on Thurs. Jan. 5....taking ole RideNfish for his 2nd round of Schatgun fishing...your more than welcome to follow us. I have no problem showing what works for me and where....let me know.....Happy Fishing....Looking forward to hearing & seeing your report/results....

C U guys on the water.........

Jfitalia
12-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Don't forget Melones as an option.....Leadcore line is a cheap alternative to Downriggers worth considering. It's winter time so you don't need to go much deeper than their capability....Most of us are stayin in the top 20' anyways...a couple of top lines and a couple between 20' and the surface is a good spectrum. As far as speed goes watch your lure's action as your letting it out and adjust accordingly.

Dang exiciting to be taking the boat out I'm sure....Heading to Melones on Thurs. Jan. 5....taking ole RideNfish for his 2nd round of Schatgun fishing...your more than welcome to follow us. I have no problem showing what works for me and where....let me know.....Happy Fishing....Looking forward to hearing & seeing your report/results....

C U guys on the water.........

Thanks for the tips! I was thinking about melones but its a 2hr drive (maybe more) so for one day that seems far. However I may do it anyways we shall see. I hope you guys get into them. Let me know how it goes!

Koke Machine83
12-29-2011, 04:39 PM
We are going to Camanche in the morning. From what we have been hearing, its been slow up there. I will find out. Yes, the water temp is really getting cold. The Rapala bite and Spoon bite has slowed way down. Right now, I would just stick with the Grubs. 1.3 - 1.6 GPS. White / Orange / Pink&White / Firetiger You don't need downrigger right now. Top 10' is all you need. Good Luck on the body of water you choose!!! You can PM me for info if you like...

Robbie

Jfitalia
12-29-2011, 05:07 PM
We are going to Camanche in the morning. From what we have been hearing, its been slow up there. I will find out. Yes, the water temp is really getting cold. The Rapala bite and Spoon bite has slowed way down. Right now, I would just stick with the Grubs. 1.3 - 1.6 GPS. White / Orange / Pink&White / Firetiger You don't need downrigger right now. Top 10' is all you need. Good Luck on the body of water you choose!!! You can PM me for info if you like...

Robbie

thanks robbie I will!

RideNfish
12-29-2011, 05:13 PM
I saw that too but they stocked the trout pond last week so usually they do the south shore the same day?
Usually. They are more up to date on their facebook page vrs the web page. I think it's easier to just type a comment on fb.

This is from 12/26/11
FISH PLANT ALERT!
Just had 1200 lbs delivered to the South shore ramp and 600 lbs delivered to the trout Pond! Come and get them!

AngelosPop
12-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Good find RnF! Have to add them!